Sad News

Chillaxation

Warlord
Unfortunately, Chieftess has resigned the position of Secretary of State for the term due to her grandmother suffering a stroke.

This leaves a vacancy in the position of Secretary of State. That office of the Triumvirate is hereby declared vacant. If there are any citizens who feel they can fill this position, please PM me or state your interest here.

Because this position must be confirmed by the judiciary, I will not make an appointment of State Secretary until the Chief Justice has been validated in his appointment by the Censor. This may require that a Chief Justice have been appointed for 72 hours, giving ample time for the assembly to initiate a confirmation poll - 72 hours being the standard of the vacancy section of the Code. An SoS appointment may also require that the CJ be confirmed by the assembly. So if the CJ passes a confirmation poll, I will appoint a Secretary of State shortly afterwards. If the CJ is given no confidence at a confirmation poll, appointments for State Secretary will have to wait until after another Chief Justice is appointed and either confirmed by poll or by 72 hours' silent assent.

Guys - if you think this should go differently, let me know, beforehand. Swiss, this means you particularly, because running the confirmation poll is your pidgin.

We pray for a speedy recovery for Chieftess' grandmother.

President Chill..

Who has the capablity of approving or proposing trades right now. We are close to getting Drama and that is usually good trade fooder especially for lower techs like sailing.

Do you think we will have a SoS before the next TC? In fact I propose you just post a confirmation poll once you announce the candiadate to end all delays by a follow up poll being posted some days later.

FWIW, we have Drama (~ 650 :science: ) now. The Mongols will trade Sailing (~ 150 :science: ) and Meditation (~ 250 :science: )for it now. Russia only has Sailing. Germany only has Meditation but won't trade it.

We wouldn't get our money worth out of it. I think that we ought to hang on to it any way.

So I don't think that a replacement is imperative before the next turnchat.

I was wondering if you checked. ;)

Yeah those arent fair now but maybe later on something will become more fair. At least 2 to 3 more TC this term right...?

Honestly, guys...it's tricky constitutional water. Probably best to have a citizen's initiative bind the DP for this. I'm really not interested in anyone taking over the secretary's duties until we have an SoS. Which I'm working on presently.

good move..I wonder if you can make an anouncement of the office and then have the Judiciary approve the appointment after they finish their "problems". It would speed things along and this appointment is not subject to anything they are currently dealing with.

I'm very sorry about your Grandmother Chieftess. I'm wishing for her to be strong while she recovers, and for you to be strong too.

robboo said:
good move..I wonder if you can make an anouncement of the office and then have the Judiciary approve the appointment after they finish their "problems". It would speed things along and this appointment is not subject to anything they are currently dealing with.

Maybe it would be clearer to announce a call for applications in a separate thread - I hadn't understood that that was what you were getting at. I'll do that in a moment.

I think there are some citizens who might very well say that because the SoS has to be confirmed by the judiciary, an appointment will have to wait until the CC against Curu is resolved. Since I announced the vacancy and a call for apps here, I'm not really concerned with some amount of time elapsing, but heavens know I want to make sure everything has got dotted "i"'s and crossed "t"'s.

I'll ask Bengeance, the next DP up, to post a discussion and poll on the trades. Other than that I think it's really best to leave the foreign stuff to the DP's discretion unless the assembly is particularly concerned about foreign affairs being in the DP's hands...in which case the citizen with concerns should post an initiative.

Top Bottom