Save Failed

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
When I tried to save changes to GEM in Notepad, I got this message:

"Please check if this file is opened in a another program."

What does it mean? I don't have anything else open.

Notepad++ gives me this error message on Windows 7 when I try to save a file to a location that requires admin permission.

Notepad++ gives me this error message on Windows 7 when I try to save a file to a location that requires admin permission.

I am an administrator.

The easiest question: Is it maybe opened by another program?
Includes Civ4 itself, another instance of notepad (might have been accidential), or also happens when a program crashes, then Windows might still think the file is open.

The easiest question: Is it maybe opened by another program?
Includes Civ4 itself, another instance of notepad (might have been accidential), or also happens when a program crashes, then Windows might still think the file is open.

Actually, I did have a map open in Notepad at the time, but I closed it and it still doesn't work.

Also, WorldBuilder doesn't give me any options. The only way I got out of it was by pressing Ctrl+W.

EDIT: Actually, nothing works!

I am an administrator.

It doesn't matter. Unless you're using a "true administrator" account, which you have to manually enable, you have to explicitly run the program as an administrator in order for it to use admin permissions.

It worked! But why is there no UI in GEM?

There is.
That there isn't means that something conflicts with the Python.
Do you have BUG installed as default?

What are you talking about? What is "default?" I uninstalled BUG and Better BAT AI just so I could play it.

What are you talking about? What is "default?"

As standard. So that you don't have to load a mod to play with BUG. Because that setup can conflict with the Python from other mods.

I uninstalled BUG and Better BAT AI just so I could play it.

You can just deactive BUG in the GEM's .ini file (just if you want to install BUG again...).

As standard. So that you don't have to load a mod to play with BUG. Because that setup can conflict with the Python from other mods.

You can just deactive BUG in the GEM's .ini file (just if you want to install BUG again...).

No, I do not. I just want to play GEM and I don't know how.

...wait...so you uninstallend BUG, and it still doesn't work?

Nope! I even reinstalled GEM. However I do have RevolutionDCM. Does that affect anything?

Should not.

mmhhh...please go to the GEM folder, open the .ini file in it, and change:
PHP:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

to 1 and go to your main .ini in Documents\My Games\BtS, and change in the civilizationIV.ini:
PHP:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

to 0.

The former should hopefully fix the problem, and if not, then the second should give us some error messages.

Anoter thing: correct installation place for GEM is in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods, not in Documents\My Games\BtS\Mods (just mentioning it, just in case you did it wrong, because that can also lead to such problems).

Top Bottom