Save File Location?

Cheveyo

Chieftain
I'm trying to copy my save files from my Windows Civ BE to my Mac version. I cannot find the location of the files. Civ 5 saves were in documents. But BE is nowhere to be found even with a search. Any help?

They're in user/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Saves.

The user Library is invisible by default, so you will need a utility to make it visible. (I use OnyX for that and a lot of other things.) Once you're done, I recommend adding an alias of the user Library to your user folder and copying it to your Finder's sidebar for easy access if you decide to make it invisible again when you're done. (It's generally thought the folder is something the average user should not be messing with, so that's why it's invisible in the first place.)

Just a friendly reminder that once you find, if you're so inclined you could use Dropbox to keep the save files in sync. But be aware that the reason Steam Cloud is disabled is that frequently the platforms will be running different version numbers that might introduce save incompatibilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're in user/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Saves.

The user Library is invisible by default, so you will need a utility to make it visible. (I use OnyX for that and a lot of other things.) Once you're done, I recommend adding an alias of the user Library to your user folder and copying it to your Finder's sidebar for easy access if you decide to make it invisible again when you're done. (It's generally thought the folder is something the average user should not be messing with, so that's why it's invisible in the first place.)

The minimum utility you need is your alt/option key. Hold that down while you select Go in the Finder, and the Library folder appears as one of the menu items. Select that to get to it. As oakdragon says, once you have opened it from there, you can drag shortcuts into Favorites or onto your dock.

The minimum utility you need is your alt/option key. Hold that down while you select Go in the Finder, and the Library folder appears as one of the menu items. Select that to get to it. As oakdragon says, once you have opened it from there, you can drag shortcuts into Favorites or onto your dock.

Ha. I did NOT know that. Thanks for the tip! :)

Top Bottom