Scars - An AC

Wouldnt say no to more DEX, but considering Persuade has been upgraded to God-Stat I can wait as well.

Easter week has gone crazy, and between helping parents prepare for family Easter party, both other instructors being out from my martial arts class(so I have to step up), and seeing a friend I haven't gotten a chance to hang with in a really long time, my week has vanished. We'll play Tuesday as normal, and I apologize for the back-and forth.

Am I to understand that the plan for CP spending is as follows:

Marvel Yellow increases Dexterity by +1
Bloodbath increases Aim by +1(to Level 3)
Remote increases Will by +1

Yes?

Seems like it.

Three weeks after the events at Vanderveer Labs, Despoiler struck the Hamilton Prison, at the same time as a group of smuggled infiltrators knocked out the security systems and cameras across most of the facility. The team responded, but were unable to prevent Despoiler's escape or the breakout of the entire previously-fought Rogues Gallery, except for Vanderveer, who remained locked in her cell ranting about oncoming death and how you needed her help. However, the real shocker came at the end, when Simon Janiver's body was found, cut open and with an eye removed...and Frost standing over him with blood on her hands.

She claims innocence, and her story checks out time-wise. She claims that a mysterious figure swept through the dark, one with armor and a cape, who must have killed Janiver and left her to be framed for his murder. What do you believe?

It's almost academic: you need Frost in action now more than ever, with seven recently-imprisoned supervillains(Azrael, Comet, Culex, Colossus, The Marksman, Tinker and Mitochondrion) all unleashed on the city. Three weeks of peace has yielded to a sudden storm, and God alone knows what's going to come now.

The team in general earns 2CP for that mission. Your SP total remains at 3.

See you Tuesday!

In terms of total CP spending, both Patchy and I remain behind, but I don't feel too pressing a need to boost any particular stat and he has expressed an interest in taking persuade to level 3, so that is one good option. I am also okay with giving Celt a point or two if he has a particular stat in mind, and Patchy doesn't object, on the grounds that he has gone longest without an upgrade.

DT

If it is fine with everyone, I was thinking of boosting Dexterity to 3. It would certainly help with defensive rolls. Sorry, I got wrapped up in my nephew's birth, I forgot to check the thread.

Last night, the team deployed to the Botanical Gardens after spotting Azrael and Comet, out of costume, mingling with the civilians. What at first seemed to be a fairly nice proposal between the two of them turned ugly when Azrael produced a hostage as an "engagement present", and a character with superhuman speed arrived in the midst of dealing with this situation to engage the team. After a short fight, all three villains escaped, but the hostage was rescued and the speedster dropped Vanderveer's name, as well as something called "The Project".

After the fight, Vigilance revealed De Havik had contacted her and informed her the truth of who killed Simon Janiver: Varden, with Frost ripping out his eye when she stumbled over the barely-breathing body. Varden and Frost believe that locking villains up without killing them isn't working, and have decided to take the next step "for the good of the city", and De Havik is seriously considering accepting their offer to join them.

A full meeting of the Watchers comes next mission, and an interrogation of Vanderveer about Bolt and the Project would also be wise...as well as Athena, who seemed to hint that a creation of Vanderveer's was coming, and might know a great deal more than was previously thought.

Next mission is Tuesday the 9th at the usual time. Be there or be square!

Additional Files have been uploaded to the Watchers database since the Powers Engagement.
Spoiler :
Bolt:
Bolt appeared at the Botanical Gardens during the Powers Engagement, and little is known of her background or history. She claims to be from 'The Project' and identified her opponent as Vanderveer, attacking the Watchers under the impression of an alliance with Vanderveer. Although potentially non-hostile once this misunderstanding is cleared up, her statement to look for her 'where stuff goes missing' indicates she currently makes her living as a theif.
Capabilities: Super Speed
Tactical Advice: High speed and analogous reflexes mean that traditional tripping techniques seem ineffective. This may be improved upon with deception and manipulation of actual and perceived avenues of movement to corral her into an enclosed space where she can by engaged with wide-area attack.

Appended to this file is a map of the city crisscrossed with trails, with hub points marked.

Spoiler :
Athena:
Athena appeared during attempts to subdue the Marksman and slew him with gunfire. Cardogan attempted to enrole in the police, but was rejected on grounds of psychological instability. She appears to show symptons of PTSD followng her fathers death in the line of duty and other incidents in her personal life, not helped by her mothers severe dementia. After dropping off the record a year ago, Athena attempted to engage the Watchers in a non-agression agreement to fight crime using lethal methods but was rejected and currently remains imprisoned. She claims to have both a partner and further knowledge of Vanderveers activities, but refuses to reveal either without appropriate return garauntees.
Capabilities: Athena makes use of Katana and Handgun in combat, and has possession of other gadgets such as a grapple gun and smoke grenades. No known superhuman abilities.

Appended to this file are a mugshot and the address of her supposed place of residence in the north of the city.

DT

A family thing has come up that requires my presence from this afternoon on. The earliest I can be back under perfect conditions would be 730ish, and that's being extremely optimistic. Therefore, I am postponing the mission until Thursday.

However, I will award the team 3CP I meant to give for last mission. Use them wisely, and my apologies.

Question, did we ever confirm what was happening with the previous 3 character points we were given? Looking at the thread, we had discussed it, but I don't know if it was confirmed. In either case, I would support boosting Vigilance's Will, at the least.

Question, did we ever confirm what was happening with the previous 3 character points we were given? Looking at the thread, we had discussed it, but I don't know if it was confirmed. In either case, I would support boosting Vigilance's Will, at the least.
I was writing a long paragraph, but I'm just going to cut it down to 'I can't tell' and suggest that LH checks everyone's character sheets against his statsheet, because there appear to be a few inconsistencies. As to what we do with these new CP, I am kind of tempted to throw one or two at Remote's Reputation (Self) if nobody else has a particular desire for them.

DT

Something's come up. I have a manuscript bite, but I have to make a series of edits to it first, per the agent's request. This takes precedence over literally everything else in my life right now. Given the circumstances, I'm very well convinced this is the real deal. I've completed my first pass changes, but I'm canceling tonight's mission anyway so I can continue on second-round work. It's not personal: literally everything else in my life is postponed/back-burner, up to and including my wife.

I'll check my statsheet for CP as soon as I have some time to breathe.

Top Bottom