• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[SCENARIO IDEA] Battle of the Bulge

Soviet prussia

Chieftain
I'm absolutely new to the Civ 5 SDK and I want to make this scenario, but I have no idea how to make it. Perhaps some advice would help but anyways, onto what I want to have on it.

For the Allies, I would like for there to be an American force which would be infantry and artillery based and for there to be British which would be armored based.

The Axis team would be split up into 3 groups: 7th Army, 5th Panzer Army, and 6th SS Army. The 7th Army would be reliant on infantry and artillery, but their manpower situation is very stable so they can easily reinforce. The 5th Panzer Army would have light armor (Panzer 4s mostly) and they have a fairly stable material situation. The 6th SS Army would have the best armor (Panthers, King Tigers, etc) and the shortest distance to cross, but their material situation is very poor.

Some operations could be operations Stoesser, Bodenplatte and Greif (Greif would just half the Allies' manpower for a week) for the Germans, and attacking armies from the north and south for the Allies.

The map would start on 12 Dec. 1944 and each turn would be a day or half a day, and the Germans would have until 12 Jan. 1945 to finish the operation (Soviet Vistula-Oder offensive). It would be fairly big and cover the entirety of Belgium and have 5-10 spaces into the neighboring countries.

I really would like to make this scenario but I'm so new to this that I have no idea where to start or what to do.

Yep, I'd like to have a Battle of the Bulge scenario, it would be the occasion to try something different with air units and dynamic weather...

As for making it, it's not easy, there are some instructions in the first post of the development thread, but you need to know how to use the world builder and have some Lua knowledge.

Yep, I'd like to have a Battle of the Bulge scenario, it would be the occasion to try something different with air units and dynamic weather...

As for making it, it's not easy, there are some instructions in the first post of the development thread, but you need to know how to use the world builder and have some Lua knowledge.

I have absolutely no idea how to use Lua. :/

Top Bottom