Scenario Request Thread

I wonder how difficult it would be to create a scenario based on the battle of Dien Bien Phu?

Maps can be found that will show elevation of the hills surrounding the valley, as well as the locations of the French strongpoints.

Tech would need to be shortened and altered to reflect the lessons learned during the battle, as well as the influence of outside nations.

Units, Infantry, Paratroopers, Artillery, Mortars, Tanks, Flak . . .

Maybe using the Vietnamese CIV module something could be done.

Lastly, I picture the scenario as a turn based game. The Vietnamese are going to win the battle, the question is can the garrison hold until the Geneva Conference? (Or will it collapse, literally, a day or days from the start of the Conference? Like in real life.)

I invite eveyone's feedback.

hi.

i'm looking for somebody with a little time on his hands. i have tired to do the following myself COUNTLESS times and i always failed because i just suck at this type of thing.

i want the map from "Greek World" (the vanilla CIV4 scenario/mod) to be compatible and playable in BTS. now the problem here is that Greek World uses its own set of leaderheads, civs, colours and so on and they easily conflict with BTS (also because of new syntaxes).

so what i'd like is the initial, clean map of Greek World but with civilizations from BtS (i.e. animated leaderheads). i also want Scythia and the like removed in favour of the civilization that would be in that place nowadays. i don't care about the historical accuracy in that sense, but i do care about the location of the civ. means, i'd like arabia where arabia would be on the map.

this would be the last puzzle piece to my dream mod and i'd be grateful for it.

hi.

i'm looking for somebody with a little time on his hands. i have tired to do the following myself COUNTLESS times and i always failed because i just suck at this type of thing.

i want the map from "Greek World" (the vanilla CIV4 scenario/mod) to be compatible and playable in BTS. now the problem here is that Greek World uses its own set of leaderheads, civs, colours and so on and they easily conflict with BTS (also because of new syntaxes).

so what i'd like is the initial, clean map of Greek World but with civilizations from BtS (i.e. animated leaderheads). i also want Scythia and the like removed in favour of the civilization that would be in that place nowadays. i don't care about the historical accuracy in that sense, but i do care about the location of the civ. means, i'd like arabia where arabia would be on the map.

this would be the last puzzle piece to my dream mod and i'd be grateful for it.

I loved that mod.
its all i played when i first got civ 4
good times

:) good because i'm enhancing it and recreating the experience for BtS.

until now i've modified the technology tree so that you don't advance past the classical era, also i've included hellenism and zoroastrianism, while i'm using Varietas Delectat as base because i love the diversity. i've also used actual quotes and a few other random things. now i just need a good map. of course i can send you the files over if you want once it's done, but i doubt many more people would like it. i'm basically adding my own candy wrapper to a few brilliant mods.

:) good because i'm enhancing it and recreating the experience for BtS.

until now i've modified the technology tree so that you don't advance past the classical era, also i've included hellenism and zoroastrianism, while i'm using Varietas Delectat as base because i love the diversity. i've also used actual quotes and a few other random things. now i just need a good map. of course i can send you the files over if you want once it's done, but i doubt many more people would like it. i'm basically adding my own candy wrapper to a few brilliant mods.

Sounds more like a map request to me - other than that you seem ready to start your own thread.;)

hmm do you think there would be interest? i don't mind sharing of course but after all what i've done is taken what i liked best from other mods and squished it all together...doesn't feel like i've done enough.

anyhow i've actually managed to strip the map myself and replace the factions with different ones so now every civ has a leaderhead. i've also added carthage as playable faction, very balanced and starts similar to rome, greece and persia with no city but a bunch of units & a settler.

i've replaced some smaller factions with civs like ottoman and changed their names accordingly (e.g. phoenicia). so now it makes a little sense regarding the historical accuracy, i mean i don't have ottomans popping up in spain (altho they have their units of course). oh well it looks correct anyway.

preview pic:
Spoiler :

the above is a pic of the current WIP map. i'm still planning to add a fake Russia and make it appear as Greek Colonies, lead by Pericles. that civ will then have control of the greek cities like Athenai, which are currently under rebel control. it will also add more dynamic gameplay with seleucia (aka byzantium) since pericles will have two cities in the east from which he could interfere (rhodos, miletos).

that is....unless you wipe him out beforehand.

also, the carthagians have declared war on the etruscans (dark green, two cities both next to Carthage) right in the second round in this test run.
so they will surely make it.

any suggestions or anything appreciated.

edit: probably the thing that bugs me the most at the moment is Saladin/Arabia owning only one city & that being Jerusalem. that civ is supposed to be Judah but if i changed it to that, it would be extremely weird with saladin as leader. i'm not sure what's the best option here.

Anyone thought of a "unification of africa" scenario? More specifically, I was thinking the SADC (various member countries in ALLIANCE) vs. Zimbabwe. Feel free to make Mugabe the leader of Zimbabwe, the single civ in WAR against all members of the SADC. I know this doesn't seem a terribly exciting proposal and is probably influenced by the latest election nonsense going on in that part of the world, but hey at least it would give a few fans to "virtually" put Mr. Mugabe in his place <grin> Oh, before I forget - I was thinking of this scenario for Modern era, Vanilla Civ IV. Not sure what leader to spoof as Mugabe; Mansa Musa seems the closest but I feel that would be an insult to Musa... and creating a custom mod for Mugabe, well, he really doesn't deserve it frankly.

Anyway, someone give it a thought, if only for a moment...

hmm do you think there would be interest? i don't mind sharing of course but after all what i've done is taken what i liked best from other mods and squished it all together...doesn't feel like i've done enough.

anyhow i've actually managed to strip the map myself and replace the factions with different ones so now every civ has a leaderhead. i've also added carthage as playable faction, very balanced and starts similar to rome, greece and persia with no city but a bunch of units & a settler.

i've replaced some smaller factions with civs like ottoman and changed their names accordingly (e.g. phoenicia). so now it makes a little sense regarding the historical accuracy, i mean i don't have ottomans popping up in spain (altho they have their units of course). oh well it looks correct anyway.

preview pic:
Spoiler :

the above is a pic of the current WIP map. i'm still planning to add a fake Russia and make it appear as Greek Colonies, lead by Pericles. that civ will then have control of the greek cities like Athenai, which are currently under rebel control. it will also add more dynamic gameplay with seleucia (aka byzantium) since pericles will have two cities in the east from which he could interfere (rhodos, miletos).

that is....unless you wipe him out beforehand.

also, the carthagians have declared war on the etruscans (dark green, two cities both next to Carthage) right in the second round in this test run.
so they will surely make it.

any suggestions or anything appreciated.

edit: probably the thing that bugs me the most at the moment is Saladin/Arabia owning only one city & that being Jerusalem. that civ is supposed to be Judah but if i changed it to that, it would be extremely weird with saladin as leader. i'm not sure what's the best option here.

this scenario sounds cool, have you made a thread about it?. Also for the whole judea thing, can you download a judea leaderhead, or request one.

ok will do as soon as i feel the mod can be played. i followed your advice on this and i'm implementing a leaderhead mod for Saladin to be used for Judah. everything else is very much fine at the moment, including all the scripts that i had to port.

as i mentioned i'll open a thread as soon as i can provide a download with it :)

There were four scenarios which were originally included in Vanilla Civ (American Revolution, Tutorial, Greek World and Desert War?)

I tried moving them into my BtS mods folder but they didn't work on BtS, which is a shame, cos it'd be nice to have all the mods in one place and just require BtS 317!

I got the impression that the Tutorial fell over because of something hard-coded possibly in the python or possibly in one of the layers above. The others fell over on the XML.

I figure these probably wouldn't be too much of a challenge to update for a willing modder and given that the fixes for Next War and Final Frontier were used in 317, there's plenty of potential for to make a name for yourself and get Firaxis publish these to a wider audience in their next patch! There shouldn't be any copyright issues here, as you need Civ IV to play BtS anyway. The same can't be said of Warlords, hence although I'd like to see the Warlords scenarios upgraded, I'm guessing that a more prickly issue.

As for other scenarios: The English Civil War and/or the War of the Roses have a lot of potential. I suspect that the history of the Indian subcontinent may have some merit too.

I mentioned this a couple of posts pages ago but I really want a Napoleonic Europe scenario for BTS. Maybe a remake of the one from civ 3

i'm implementing a leaderhead mod for Saladin to be used for Judah.

There's a David LH both in CIV Gold and Amra mod, I believe (the CIV Gold LH should work fine with v. 3.17 as I've got it in a working scenario).;)

@Churchill 25: I believe I mentioned I'd look into it. Unfortunately, with patch 3.17 I've got my hands full on getting MOO2Civ compatible...

I second the request for Russian Civil War scenario featuring the events from 1917 to 1921 and including the different political factions - Bolshevists, non-Bolshevist revolutionaries, Zarists, Ukranian anarchists etc.

There should be versions of scenarios for multiplayer LAN's. And should be able to change victory settings and game speed.

And should be able to change victory settings and game speed.

That's usually possible: with the Custom Scenario option you can edit the victory conditions and even if game speed is set you can simply edit/delete the "Game Speed=..." line by opening a WBS file (which any scenario is) with Wordpad (and saving the edited file as a custom scenario).

I would like to see a BTS mod just like the regular civ 4 mod of american revolution

Top Bottom