SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States

The "travesty" of cops banging on the door, announcing themselves loudly enough that neighbors answer and later testify to it, and then literally get shot first before firing back.

fake news, neighbor (singular) testified to an announced raid. 11 other neighbors testified no-knock, no-announce.

It's stories like this where the "fake news" claims become so flagrantly obvious.

:hmm:

Which makes them cretins.

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project --> you are here

Don't you see, cherry picking facts to suit your agenda is TOP LOGIC! :lol:

They shot an unarmed woman to death, in her sleep, and weren't even charged for it. People like you are why the Black Lives Matter movement exist, because people like you require constant reminders that Black people are human beings with a right to life. You show more anger towards property damage and dissent than you do towards the murder of Black people, over and over and over, by the people paid and entrusted to protect us.

If you disagree with that, there is no point whatsoever in discussing anything with you.

"Black Lives Matter" is marxist trash that doesn't give a crap about black lives unless they happen to suit their political agenda.

Quoted ignores the full facts of the incident with Breonna Taylor. It would have been nice if Taylor survived to be properly charged for her more minor role in the crimes that allowed for the warrant in the first place, however. Or, do use your "argument" style:

"People like you" are why innocent people are in jail, and I hold that in disdain. Let's not lie about what is "murder".

fake news, neighbor (singular) testified to an announced raid. 11 other neighbors testified no-knock, no-announce.

Odd, considering the shooter himself claimed knock but not police ID. I searched the 11 witnesses claim/testimony but it's not coming up. Can you link it?

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project --> you are here

The irony is...cute considering how this story was handled until this point.

Note that the officer that fired wildly and endangered other people is being properly charged.

ah yes, Breonna Taylor was... not endangered. :hmm:

Quoted ignores the full facts of the incident with Breonna Taylor. It would have been nice if Taylor survived to be properly charged for her more minor role in the crimes that allowed for the warrant in the first place, however. Or, do use your "argument" style:

Ahh, Mr. Top Logic is perpetuating the lie that Breonna was a drug-dealer! Shall we get out a bingo card for all the other lies he's going to repeat? Next, he's going to say that Breonna wasn't actually an EMT! :lol:

EMT drug-trafficker Breonna was clearly working in support of her local pharmacist cartel! :eek:

If you follow the money from that pharmacy, you'll find it was all being back-channeled into the Soviet Union by trained BLM Marxists!

Ruthless Marxist Joe Biden is behind all of this, somehow. How do I know this? FACTS and LOGIC of course! :thumbsup:

Thinking Black people's lives are meant for something other than sport hunting is Marxism, apparently

Resorting to snark nonsense might make one feel better, but it doesn't address what the other person actually argued in postings. Giving up so soon?

Thinking Black people's lives are meant for something other than sport hunting is Marxism, apparently

Who is this addressing? Admittedly I've blocked a few people so maybe it's someone in that list.

Resorting to snark nonsense might make one feel better, but it doesn't address what the other person actually argued in postings. Giving up so soon?

Who is this addressing? Admittedly I've blocked a few people so maybe it's someone in that list.

LOL, you gave up the moment you decided to parrot lies. I may post "snark nonsense" but at least I'm not a liar. Stay logical bro! :goodjob:

"wahhhhh why won't anyone take my lies seriously? Wahhhh no one recognizes how factual and logical I am wahhhhhhh" :lol:

"Black Lives Matter" is marxist trash that doesn't give a crap about black lives unless they happen to suit their political agenda.
If you write off Black Lives Matter (the movement) because some of their founders had a Marxist background, then should I suspect you write off modern historiography because many of its prominent early figures had a Marxist background?

Is my understanding of the Breanna Taylor situation incorrect?

Police either knock or don't knock. In any event, they barge through a door eventually with people on the other side of it.
Person on the other side of it fires at people barging through door. Perhaps he didn't realize they were police, or he didn't believe they were police.
Police, having been fired upon, return fire.
Breanna Taylor unfortunately is killed by the return fire. Some sources place her in bed. Others in the hallway. I'm not sure it's relevant.
One of the police officers is a terrible shot, almost kills 3 other people in another apartment. Apartments tend to be, by their very nature, right next to each other, so this is probably pretty easy to do.

Have I missed something or is this generally accurate? I'm not trolling here. I'm trying to understand what happened. Based on the pattern above, I'm not sure what Breanna Taylor being black has to do with Breanna Taylor being shot, so I suppose I'm probably missing something?

Well, the 1876 election was characterized by incredible levels of violence directed not only at black Republican voters in the South, but also at white Republican voters (overwhelmingly poor people). Jim Crow was in many respects not merely about race but about specifically breaking up the emerging Populist-Republican (Fusion Party in the south, look it up) alliance of black and white voters that threatened to overthrow the power of the planter class at the ballot box.

I thought that the election which really mattered to set your country in the path for (now) a century and a half of strife, marking the destruction of those attempts in the south, was Cleveland's win by a handful of votes in 1884? Incidentally in an election where is opponents managed to lose very much as the democrats (positions reversed) have been managing to lose now...

Is my understanding of the Breanna Taylor situation incorrect?

Police either knock or don't knock. In any event, they barge through a door eventually with people on the other side of it.
Person on the other side of it fires at people barging through door. Perhaps he didn't realize they were police, or he didn't believe they were police.
Police, having been fired upon, return fire.
Breanna Taylor unfortunately is killed by the return fire. Some sources place her in bed. Others in the hallway. I'm not sure it's relevant.
One of the police officers is a terrible shot, almost kills 3 other people in another apartment. Apartments tend to be, by their very nature, right next to each other, so this is probably pretty easy to do.

Have I missed something or is this generally accurate? I'm not trolling here. I'm trying to understand what happened. Based on the pattern above, I'm not sure what Breanna Taylor being black has to do with Breanna Taylor being shot, so I suppose I'm probably missing something?

Breonna Taylor being black doesn't have anything to do with it, other than the fact police and conservatives can disregard it happening, or, as we see upthread, make up wholesale lies about her being a disgusting degenerate subhuman criminal while white women who were wrongfully shot get their killer put behind bars for 12 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

This is why Black Lives Matter is a thing. Because, to many people, they don't.

can't hardly open a thread on this forum without someone whole heartedly excusing murder these days

Well, sometimes the reaction is excusable.

We have plenty of other examples where the reaction was in no way, shape, or form excusable. For example, some people being killed by the police for things as insignificant as selling cigarettes on a street corner, running away, or even just attempting to hand over their license during a traffic stop, which I personally think was the worst of all of them.

Here, however, we seem to have a situation where the police actually had bullets shot at them before they fired back. I mean, really, at that point, what do you want them to do?

Breonna Taylor being black doesn't have anything to do with it, other than the fact police and conservatives can disregard it happening while white women who were shot get their killer put behind bars for 12 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot...y 15, 2017, Justine,an alley behind her house.

This is why Black Lives Matter is a thing. Because, to many people, they don't.

How about we just agree that "Fact patterns matter?" From your link:

On the night of the shooting, Damond called 9-1-1 at 11:27 p.m., and again eight minutes later, 11:35 p.m.[22] She reported that she thought she heard a woman either having sex or being raped.[23] Dispatchers categorized the call as "unknown trouble: female screaming"—a relatively low priority. Officers responded to the area, the low-crime neighborhood of Fulton in southwestern Minneapolis,[24] and found no suspects or signs of the suspected rape that had prompted Damond's telephone calls to 9-1-1.[25]

Officers Noor and Harrity, after driving through an alley with the lights on their police Ford Explorer off, heard no signs of criminal activity. As they prepared to leave, Noor "entered 'Code Four' into the cruiser's computer, meaning the scene was safe".[24] Harrity would later indicate "that he was startled by a loud sound near the squad" and, just then, Damond approached the police car's driver-side window.[26] Harrity drew his weapon, but pointed it downward and did not fire.[27] Noor, however, fired once through the open window, fatally striking Damond in the abdomen.[24][26] Damond was unarmed and barefoot.[24] The officers attempted CPR to no avail; Damond died 20 minutes later.[28]

Harrity later told a supervisor, "We both got spooked."[24] At Noor's trial, Harrity testified of hearing "something hit the car and I also hear some sort of murmur" and that he feared an "ambush" but deemed it "premature" to use deadly force.[27] Noor testified that he did not see Damond's hand or any object in it, but nonetheless believed that his partner "feared for his life" and "there was a threat".[29] At Noor's trial, prosecutors presented evidence that Damond's fingerprints were not on the police car, suggesting she had never made contact with it, and prosecutors called two expert witnesses on the police use of force, who testified that Noor's decision to shoot was unreasonable.[30]

Both officers had their body cameras switched off.[31] Minneapolis introduced police body cameras in 2016, but their activation was not mandatory in all situations.[32] No audio or video recordings captured the killing,[24] although a 16-year-old bicyclist took cell-phone video of the scene after the shooting.[33]

How is "being spooked" because someone walked up to you, and "actually being shot at" even the same planet?

And with that being said -- I do want to openly concede that you can find plenty of cases where your point is well made. I'm not really arguing with your overall point. I do understand what you're saying overall, and yes, I think the Damon example is unsettling when compared against certain other examples, just not the Taylor example. Basically, if you compare Damon and Taylor, you are comparing complete apples and oranges. There are plenty of other apples to compare the Damon case to that would benefit your point substantially more.

Anyway, it's hard to communicate in writing sometimes, but I'm not really arguing with your overall point. Just in relation to this particular example, if that is fair enough.

I thought that the election which really mattered to set your country in the path for (now) a century and a half of strife, marking the destruction of those attempts in the south, was Cleveland's win by a handful of votes in 1884? Incidentally in an election where is opponents managed to lose very much as the democrats (positions reversed) have been managing to lose now...

In 1876 Hayes only became President by agreeing to withdraw the US Army from the Southern states, which allowed the planters to subvert democracy through a mass campaign of terrorist violence against black people and white Republicans. This was carried out first through the original Klan, which was largely defeated by federal troops, but its successor organizations included the Red Shirts, White League, and many "rifle clubs" which were in reality paramilitary organizations made up of Confederate veterans. These organizations carried out a number of massacres and assassinations of elected officials.

The flimsy grounds for the warrant in the first place. The fact that the people concerned by the warrant were in fact not guilty of any crimes.

The fact that someone is killed in this situation, and no one is held accountable (whether that be the cops, or the judge who signed off on the warrant, or....somebody) is unacceptable. It means that we functionally already live in a police state. If it happened to Breonna Taylor then it can happen to you. Assuredly, white people also die in mistaken firefights when the cops serve bogus warrants. Their deaths should also offend the sensibilities of any civilized person.

It would have been nice if Taylor survived to be properly charged for her more minor role in the crimes that allowed for the warrant in the first place, however.

This is a despicable lie. I suppose it's no coincidence that the right-wing mediasphere is full of this crap now and TMIT is dutifully regurgitating it.

Top Bottom