Scouting experience

There WAS a bug that made you speed up as you moved across rivers, but crushing that may have adversely affected the movement along them. Ilteroi has been paged.

Okay, let's just get technical, how many movementpoints is it supposed to take to move one tile along a river for a normal warrior? Because even before this bug-fix it always used to cost 1 point. And before the bug-fix, moving across the river used to cost 0.97 or something along those lines, so you could move 3 tiles with a warrior if you crossed a river with at least one of those tiles.

Okay, let's just get technical, how many movementpoints is it supposed to take to move one tile along a river for a normal warrior? Because even before this bug-fix it always used to cost 1 point. And before the bug-fix, moving across the river used to cost 0.97 or something along those lines, so you could move 3 tiles with a warrior if you crossed a river with at least one of those tiles.

Along a river = 1.
Askia's supposed to give you one extra movement along rivers, and not end movement if you cross one.

G

Along a river = 1.
So that's the same as moving over an open field? In that case it is working correctly.

Askia's supposed to give you one extra movement along rivers, and not end movement if you cross one.
I don't understand what you mean by "one extra movement along rivers", but the part about not ending movement if you cross one is present, although it is from the Amphibious promotion that all civs have access to (and all Askia's military units start with)

So that's the same as moving over an open field? In that case it is working correctly.

I don't understand what you mean by "one extra movement along rivers", but the part about not ending movement if you cross one is present, although it is from the Amphibious promotion that all civs have access to (and all Askia's military units start with)

Right. Askia's bonus is supposed to give you one extra point of movement along rivers (i.e. on tiles next to them). As soon as you cross, though, normally you'll lose all movement. He's supposed to make you only use one (i.e. amphibious promotion). So he's faster along them, and not penalized for crossing them.

G

Right. Askia's bonus is supposed to give you one extra point of movement along rivers (i.e. on tiles next to them). As soon as you cross, though, normally you'll lose all movement. He's supposed to make you only use one (i.e. amphibious promotion). So he's faster along them, and not penalized for crossing them.

Sure, but how would he be faster along them if the movement action still costs 1 point. Units don't magically gain extra movement while in specific terrain, right?

Sure, but how would he be faster along them if the movement action still costs 1 point. Units don't magically gain extra movement while in specific terrain, right?

I'm wrong. Ilteroi corrected me. It is a 'flat movement bonus' (i.e. ignore terrain penalties) along river. Like Iroquois and Inca.

G

I'm wrong. Ilteroi corrected me. It is a 'flat movement bonus' (i.e. ignore terrain penalties) along river. Like Iroquois and Inca.

Maybe they should get extra movement along rivers? Like movement into a tile with a river costs only 0.9 or 0.7 or something along those lines?

Maybe they should get extra movement along rivers? Like movement into a tile with a river costs only 0.9 or 0.7 or something along those lines?

The code is unified now, so the way it works for them is the way it works for all terrain-ignoring bonuses (so I don't think that's feasible). I'll update the UA text, it is misleading.

G

The code is unified now, so the way it works for them is the way it works for all terrain-ignoring bonuses (so I don't think that's feasible). I'll update the UA text, it is misleading.

Let them move along rivers like the rivers are road then? Like Iroquois does in forest/jungle?

Top Bottom