ScoutX, any interest?

Noticed that in Mad-bax's last post he upped the ante to Demigod on us. Sneaky fellow.

Just to be clear up front, I don't think I'd be ready for the start-game turns .. somewhere lower in the order would be ideal for little ol' newbie me.

mad-bax said:
We still think so alike. My first choice was Byzantium, second England and an islands map of course. :D

You won't get that now of course....
Awww... please... pretty please? :)

mad-bax said:
Scandanavia, 60% water, wet and temperate with Y-wrapping on for easier trading?
I can live with that. Although I'm not sure about Y-wrapping... it might make things too easy :)

Ted

mad-bax said:
If the vanilla team is willing to download a couple of meg of files then patching scandinavia into the game won't be too difficult though I'm not sure how I can replicate seafaring trait. I can give them a curragh and a bucket of tar so the ships don't sink and allow more movement. It's doable. But will you do the download?

If you have Civ III modded for GOTM would there still be a need to download?

Is anybody interested in C3C. I would like to play that, especially with the communism plus. If there is room that is. Confident chieftan player here! :) Weary on Regent, won GOTM on monarch but don't know how. :eek:

This is all sounding good :)

Demi-god, huh? :eek: Hallowed ground!

@mb,
No research variant on demi-god...that's too easy!! And 'Zerks...my favorite.

No downloads please...my aging game machine can bearly handle the GOTM mods, and I'm really glad the most recent OTM games are mod free...

@ Bede: you're on a C3C 1.22 team... the downloads apply to a modded vanilla game.

Gator and I have apparently both downloaded the GOTM mods... so perhaps we'll think along the lines of a vanilla game w/ the GOTM mods... (which are actually pretty cool...)

mad-bax said:
Since this will be demi-god :evil: :mischief: the research rate should be bearable.
I'll read that as Emperor + 1/2 (PTW) level for variant :)

Ted

I didn't notice this last night, sorry. I am still definitely interested though. It has been a long time since I lost on regent, and I think I have been winning most on monarch, but my try on emperor a while ago scared me off.

I could play on CivIII 1.29 or C3C 1.22. I also liked the idea of random map and opponents. That is how I typically play.

I'd be interested in joining guys, but way to much going on... gonna lurk at least 1 of the thread though.;) Oh, I would join if someone was willing to go beyond Emperor with me.:):):)

DGT is quickly becoming the Mob, I see. Where one member goes, another member always follows. :lol:

LOL! There almost enough for a SGOTM now.:p I think it's enough for 3 teams of 5... like I said, if it's demigod I'm willing to play.;)

The vanilla game will be different to the C3C game of course. How different is up to you. If you want me to mod it to simulate the seafaring trait for vikings and add the vikings and curragh in, then I can do that. I would only use the GOTM mods. If everyone has the vanilla GOTM mod up to GOTM25 then I can make quite an interesting game.

I'd actually prefer an unmodded game - is than an option for one of the teams?

None of the games have to be modded. C3C will definitely not be modded. The vanilla game can be modded. I'm offering it as an option. However, it would be easier and quicker for me if were not modded... but that is not a consideration.

Roster A thread is > here <.

Players please sign in.

Ted

TedJackson said:
Mad-Bax said:
We still think so alike. My first choice was Byzantium, second England and an islands map of course.

You won't get that now of course....
Mad-Bax
Awww... please... pretty please? :)

Ted

Hehe... I've never played with the Dutch or the Carthagians. My odds for playing with them seem to rise after MB's statement :D

...Unless Ted and others get their pleas through ;)

-Tinkez

Top Bottom