Screenshots thread

Pazyryk

Deity
Just for fun, I'd like to see some from actual games. I won't even post one myself since all of mine are currently from "staged" situations.

OK, my ulterior motive is to get images for marketing like the Mod of the Week thing - but even for that I'd prefer "authentic game" images.

@Civitar, I'm trying to get v3 out tomorrow. I'll add elves (whatever exists) last minute. Even if I only get the art assets in, I can do the table updates soon after with a hotfix.

Well, the Bible has some folks living vigorous lives long past that, at least according to some interpretations. So I feel OK doing it in fantasy. There is no reason to think that "Man" is precisely human or, for that matter, that "Sidhe" is entirely not human.

Yeah... though I'm glad you didn't have any 500+ year old humans in there, even if it did happen a long time ago (and heck, may happen again the way people are living longer and longer now - I read something a couple years ago about a man they thought could well be at least 160).
I wonder if, for Man, you could vary how long they generally live by what kind of GP they are? So Merchants/Sages/some Wizards live longer, but Warriors/Engineers/Alchemists live less because of dangerous/unhealthy lifestyles.

There may be some more opportunities for delaying or eliminating mortality eventually, but I have to keep the latter rare so that it is special.

Back on topic, it would be nice to see some images in this thread (not hidden away in links!) from actual player games. There's a lot of special mod stuff like the fantasy units, the more interesting (imho) border interaction with water and mountains, the (now mostly working) leader dialogs, end times with blight and breach, etc. I could use images for the Mod of the Week contest, or maybe other things to make this mod more widely known.

I'll start another game tomorrow as Sídhe (to maximize the number of new units seen!), and go down an arcane route to see the things least like Civ5. I'm assuming you want me to avoid screenshotting (I'm an inventor. I'm sorry.) areas with missing text?
I'll make sure to show lots of new units, new terrain, tiny villages, and all the other cool stuff from Éa.
On an unrelated note, Planet Simulator appears to have some problems with handling different barbs and new resources. Resources didn't clump like I'd gotten used to and the only barbs I ever saw were Ogres (across two games, about 300 turns in each - I've also never encountered Ogres in Éa before this, only Hobgoblins, Goblins, and Orcs). I also only ever saw one Griffon.

Sweet Zoroastrian Jesus, if you managed all that by Turn 100 without cheating I'll never post in the balance thread again. Some of it I can narrowly comprehend, but there's just so much.

Sweet Zoroastrian Jesus, if you managed all that by Turn 100 without cheating I'll never post in the balance thread again. Some of it I can narrowly comprehend, but there's just so much.

I show you to the IGE button in the top of his screen and rest my case, your honor.

Meow.
Do you have any idea of how much temptation you just gave me to change my avatar to a cat with a sheperd's crook?
Seriously - I'll get some screenshots tomorrow after my game, making sure to highlight the tech tree, civ naming, GP rise to greatness, etc... as well as uber-zoomed in shots of the new units (you don't mind if I focus in particular on mine do you?).

Did I really say "tomorrow"? I managed to get a bit of playing done...
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

If you're surprised at the advantageous positioning of my city, I wanted to mention that these kinds of mountain ranges happen fairly often on Small Pangaea maps.

Got some screenies, uploaded them on steam (jonarneriise)... would you like to see them here as well? how do you do this with this steam thingy, actually? I got used to the old good right-click -> save image or something, but it steam is too modern and there's no such an option.

omg, I'm feeling so old and stupid now, first it took me some time to figure out that screenshots are now f12 and not the printscreen button (why on earth?), and now this..

never mind, got it. Tried to edit the previous post but it didn't work somehow.

1. I just loved that house up in the mountains!
2. Ys have both an academy and Great Library. The latter is on the hill and looks weird (requires some height adjustment maybe?)
3. Cult of Abzu is founded in the middle of nowhere.
4. Science from trade routes is massive, and I didn't do anything; those are all trade routes to me.
5. Hello little kraken
6. Cultural level is about 20, never took any cultural policy or something.
7. Apparently making peace with animals allows them to enter borders.
8. Am r t t, some font troubles (on my side maybe?)
9. My lovely exploring wolves and nagas.

more coming

Attachments

• mountainhouse.jpg
    mountainhouse.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 422
  • academy.jpg
    academy.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 385
  • abzu.jpg
    abzu.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 376
  • TradeRoutes.jpg
    TradeRoutes.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 365
  • kraken.jpg
    kraken.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Cultural.jpg
    Cultural.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 309
  • wolves_and_nagas.jpg
    wolves_and_nagas.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 340
  • amiritt.jpg
    amiritt.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 307
  • WargAlarm.jpg
    WargAlarm.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 345
More screenshots:

10. Both sawmill and camp available on Yew, both providing the resource. Sawmill adds 1f3p and camp just 2p1c, so I took the first.
11. Funny foreign hunting camp on the middle of my territory.
12. Even seas can be crowded.
13. My wolves explorers discovered a new continent.
14. City-state suffering from blight.
15. And here's the little fallen troublemaker, sitting quietly in the corner of the map and farting with blight right and left. Got them eventually. They did not want to denounce their stupid maleficium so I had to wipe out their mighty empire of 1 warrior and 1 city...

Attachments

• SawmillYew.jpg
    SawmillYew.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 306
  • FunnyBorders.jpg
    FunnyBorders.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IcePirates.jpg
    IcePirates.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 285
  • Discovery.jpg
    Discovery.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Blight.jpg
    Blight.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Nestbeschmutzer.jpg
    Nestbeschmutzer.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 328
@jekke, if you upload the screenshots to Steam Cloud, you can then link to the images as I did instead of attaching a busload here...

how do you do this? I tried to copy the url link to the "upload from the web" field, but it didn't work....

Top Bottom