SDK Component Requests:

Afforess

The White Wizard
Rise of Mankind A New Dawn is no longer in Active Development, and I am unable to take requests.

First post, the first and second requests; I would like a new XML tag <iSpread> which I think I finished but am not 100% sure. I would check it but I'm too busy right now to debug it, anyway it's for ANM and I'm more excited for RoMiS to care too much about it. On top of that you're the DLL go to guy for RoM. Here are my files, you might want to check and debug it, the new tag is suppose to be similar to iGrowth but without any limits. My second request is not as important but would draw in bigger crowds for ANM and is more painful to do which I've almost given up on. MAD mod SDK part integrated with your DLL would be perfect, you do that and I can do the python and XML.

Something that rendered promotions obsolete, and would give the abillity to choose another promotion instead.

Example
the VS Melee becomes obsolete with gunpowder. Instead of still having the promotion, the unit "removes it" but can choose another one.

First post, the first and second requests; I would like a new XML tag <iSpread> which I think I finished but am not 100% sure. I would check it but I'm too busy right now to debug it, anyway it's for ANM and I'm more excited for RoMiS to care too much about it. On top of that you're the DLL go to guy for RoM. Here are my files, you might want to check and debug it, the new tag is suppose to be similar to iGrowth but without any limits. My second request is not as important but would draw in bigger crowds for ANM and is more painful to do which I've almost given up on. MAD mod SDK part integrated with your DLL would be perfect, you do that and I can do the python and XML.

Okay, I can look over the iSpread stuff, and probably add it. As for the MAD mod, the reason you've had such difficulty is because it's made for Civ4, not BTS. Your better off rewriting it yourself than trying to convert it.

Something that rendered promotions obsolete, and would give the abillity to choose another promotion instead.

Example
the VS Melee becomes obsolete with gunpowder. Instead of still having the promotion, the unit "removes it" but can choose another one.

An obsolete tag? I suppose it would be possible to add; but it would cause a bit of controversy.

Okay, I can look over the iSpread stuff, and probably add it. As for the MAD mod, the reason you've had such difficulty is because it's made for Civ4, not BTS. Your better off rewriting it yourself than trying to convert it.

It was originally made for warlords but has already been converted to BTS 3.15 but i think 3.17 had some SDK changes.

An obsolete tag? I suppose it would be possible to add; but it would cause a bit of controversy.

But it would help clean out promos like poisenous arrows and woolz steel which doesnt really fit on gunpowder units, plus it would open up for a lot of new promos.

F.ex. a spearman. Having only a stonetip. Then bronze is discovered. A bronzeforge gives units a Bronze Weapon/Armor promotion. Same unit but better weapon. After iron is discovered an ironforge gives Iron Weapon/Armor promo, but render the bronze promo obsolete.
With gunpowder all bronze/iron related promos are ofcourse obsolete (Doesnt make any sense running around with a full bronze plate mail and an AK47 ;))

But it would help clean out promos like poisenous arrows and woolz steel which doesnt really fit on gunpowder units, plus it would open up for a lot of new promos.

F.ex. a spearman. Having only a stonetip. Then bronze is discovered. A bronzeforge gives units a Bronze Weapon/Armor promotion. Same unit but better weapon. After iron is discovered an ironforge gives Iron Weapon/Armor promo, but render the bronze promo obsolete.
With gunpowder all bronze/iron related promos are ofcourse obsolete (Doesnt make any sense running around with a full bronze plate mail and an AK47 ;))

I guess. I just hate anything that obsolete stuff. It forces the game to cycle through all the units when you get the obsolete tech, check to see if their yours, and if they are, to remove the promotion. If you add a lot of obsolete tags, when players research those techs, the game will lag for a second or two longer than usual...

But I can do it. ;)

1. TAM has a building that upgrades units from stone to copper to bronze to iron to steel. So only units in a city with this building will upgrade. Maybe their code is reusable ;)

2. So the suggestion is that my maceman loose all its "old" promotions when it is upgraded to musketman. But what happens when it is attached by my enemies who are still using old units?:mischief: Just to point out that just because the promotions are no longer relevant against my units they may still be useful against my enemies.

3. One promotion that would be good to remove is the "cheap upgrade" promotion since it can only be used once.

1. TAM has a building that upgrades units from stone to copper to bronze to iron to steel. So only units in a city with this building will upgrade. Maybe their code is reusable ;)

Link? I'm not familiar with TAM.

2. So the suggestion is that my maceman loose all its "old" promotions when it is upgraded to musketman. But what happens when it is attached by my enemies who are still using old units?:mischief: Just to point out that just because the promotions are no longer relevant against my units they may still be useful against my enemies.

Exactly my thoughts.

Could you look at adding a support cost modifier for civics? for standing armies with expensive deployment, as discussed in threads elsewhere.

How hard would it be to add a 'ReplacedByPromo' attribute for promotios? e.g. combat1 would be replaced by combat2 and so on... it's mearly an graphical adjustment but when i play with boudica of the celts my expirienced units are covered with so many promotions that i cannot see them anymore (~200 xp is enough to completly cover the whole unit graphics). i know the other promotions prerequisites would cause a problem (e.g. such that require drill1... and you have drill2) so it would be quite a of lot work i guess.

What about cloning a percent <i> and making a pervent of moves for different gamespeeds? In my autoplays I see quicker gamespeeds having world less and less explored in the same period of time, historically.

How hard would it be to add a 'ReplacedByPromo' attribute for promotios? e.g. combat1 would be replaced by combat2 and so on... it's mearly an graphical adjustment but when i play with boudica of the celts my expirienced units are covered with so many promotions that i cannot see them anymore (~200 xp is enough to completly cover the whole unit graphics). i know the other promotions prerequisites would cause a problem (e.g. such that require drill1... and you have drill2) so it would be quite a of lot work i guess.

I recommend those of you who have ideas for Promotions to check out Fall From Heaven 2 and it's various modmod's. It deals extensively with promotions, and if you find a particular tag you like, It's trivial for me to add it since I don't need to make it from scratch.

That said, FFH2 has a <PromotionOverwrites> tag, which I can add easily enough.

What about cloning a percent <i> and making a pervent of moves for different gamespeeds? In my autoplays I see quicker gamespeeds having world less and less explored in the same period of time, historically.

Sure, I can add a iUnitMovementPercent tag.

Probably asked for a long time ago - but I could not find, and since I am fairly new to this community, i'm gonna toss this out there. Also, not a modder so have no idea if this is XML stuff or not.

Can destroy buildings be set for Civ wide??

Example:
Have reached Writing where Elder Council goes obsolete
Control plus L\click City
Control A to get window to destroy Elder Council buildings in cities that have them.

Yul

Probably asked for a long time ago - but I could not find, and since I am fairly new to this community, i/m gonna toss this out there. Also, mot a modder so have no idea if this is XML stuff or not.

Example:
Control A to get window to destroy Elder Council buildings in cities that have them.

Yul

Would it be possible not to use cyan, for some reason I can't see that colour on these forums. I can elsewhere.

This has been suggested before but not discussed fully.
  1. Once a building is obsolete does not mean that all the things it provides are obsolete eg defense bonuses often stay in effect against older units.
  2. Buildings don't cost anything in Civ IV, except those with a maintenance cost, so leaving them there doesn't matter game wise, although astetics is different.
  3. Selling them at a discount is an option - who would pay full price :).
  4. Abandon City/Raise Building mod does this on a city by building by hand fasion.
  5. Some wonders require a building that goes obsolete but you may still want to build it after such event. This used to be the case I had with the Heroic Epic which required both barracks and a unit above a certian level. I would almost never get a unit of that level until after barracks became obsolete. The Warlords mod fixed that problem.

Another option would be just to have them not show up in the building list and BULL hover over functions. This may be easier.

Probably asked for a long time ago - but I could not find, and since I am fairly new to this community, i'm gonna toss this out there. Also, not a modder so have no idea if this is XML stuff or not.

Example:

Yul
I like this idea, however cold we get cash back in the process
? too much micro to cycle through every single city to sell the turn before obsolete and to sell upgradeable buildings the turn before the upgrade is built, or simply cheapen the upgrade

Personally, I consider the whole abandon building and city modcomp hax, so I don't use it; therefore, it is unlikely I will add on or change it.

Personally, I consider the whole abandon building and city modcomp hax, so I don't use it; therefore, it is unlikely I will add on or change it.

My apologies then. Not fully familiar with where RoM left off and Afforess begins. Currently RoM and your modmods are all I have running - no others. Guess I just assumed it was you.

If anything else comes to mind -- I will pop back in here.

Yul

Top Bottom