Second City Naming Poll I

What should be the name of our second city?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Options:

Falcon's Haven
Equus Aurum
Abstain
Golden Horde
I just want to click on a poll option.

Settings:

Public, open for 4 days.

If there is no majority decision, then the top three options, including ties, will be polled again. In the event of no majority in the second poll, the top two options will be polled again.

This is unbelivably annoying. :wallbash:

Why can't we pick real names for things? I'm tempted to just mod, and forget playing the game at all. :shake:

:confused: Equus Aurum is in the lead, and it's a real name, isn't it?

:confused: Equus Aurum is in the lead, and it's a real name, isn't it?

I think he's just annoyed with including Abstain as a legitimate name option...

This is unbelivably annoying. :wallbash:

Why can't we pick real names for things? I'm tempted to just mod, and forget playing the game at all. :shake:

The whole naming process has become kind of a game within a game - a new type of RPG, if you will. What's interesting (or perhaps concerning, depending on your point of view) is most of the polls seem to concern either naming things or controversies about the naming process rather than actual game-play issues.

(BTW, even though I didn't vote for Abstain I was tempted!:D )

i'm thinking we can say this naming procedures controversies are all coming from a small group of people.

when we registered we wrote what would be the name of the city we would like to live in...why dont we chose in that group of names between people who really participate and give some efforts to the game. I would give the power to name a city to its first elder, then post a poll if people agree requiring 3/4 of people wanting to change that name so a new round of name suggesting is out with the poll.

I would seem to speak for myself but we should give the same power to the cartography office to name features and history office to name wars and eras.

we could also form a naming office

i'm thinking we can say this naming procedures controversies are all coming from a small group of people.
DaveShack really doesn't like the metagame part of DG's.

when we registered we wrote what would be the name of the city we would like to live in...why dont we chose in that group of names between people who really participate and give some efforts to the game. I would give the power to name a city to its first elder, then post a poll if people agree requiring 3/4 of people wanting to change that name so a new round of name suggesting is out with the poll.
Define "really participate"? Posters only? Voters? Lurkers?

This IS the method that we've chosen to name things. If it's not what you like, start a discusssion on a new naming petition.

Personally, I'm going to suggest Roflcopter as the next city name.

-- Ravensfire

i'm suggesting things so it can be more efficient. Instead of posting 2 threads per weak on changing the naming procedure i'll see what people think of it...

Top Bottom