sell/destroy buildings

Totibbs

Warlord
Is it possible to sell or destroy buildings in your cities? And how?
When I "liberate" cities, there is not even a monument. When they capture my cities, they have all buildings :(

Never heard of a way to do it - could be useful if regretting on a national wonder though.

Is it possible to sell or destroy buildings in your cities? And how?
When I "liberate" cities, there is not even a monument. When they capture my cities, they have all buildings :(

Each time a city is conquered every building has a chance to get destroyed, there is no difference for the AI conquering a city of yours or you conquering a city of theirs. Buildings which produce culture are always destroyed. World Wonders are never destroyed.

Buildings cannot be sold or destroyed by the owner of the city.

Each time a city is conquered every building has a chance to get destroyed, there is no difference for the AI conquering a city of yours or you conquering a city of theirs. Buildings which produce culture are always destroyed. World Wonders are never destroyed.

Buildings cannot be sold or destroyed by the owner of the city.

Wonders and shrines are not destroyed.

But does the conqueror get any culture from wonders and/or shrines?

Vorius created a mod to destroy buildings from inside the city screen for Civ 4. I updated for Warlords a while back. I'm sure it could be updated for BTS, but with the new Events system, the coding would be a little different. If I get time I may update it again. Unless someone would like to do it now. The original thread/file is here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138562

Never heard of a way to do it - could be useful if regretting on a national wonder though.

for a lot of civs i'd gladly trade the UB for the ability to destroy national wonders and rebuild them elsewhere ;).

I once traded a national park city away and I was able to rebuild it somewhere else.

I once traded a national park city away and I was able to rebuild it somewhere else.

yup that works. one thing i never knew until it happened to me is: if you culture flip a city that has a national wonder in it that you haven't built yourself, the NW comes with it and you're stuck with it in that city. i flipped a GW city that had national epic in a culture game and having NE there was not going to work out. i had to gift it back to him, even tho it was in a great spot (he got there first by two turns way back when, the brat).

I think that being able to destroy your own national wonders and rebuild them elsewhere is OP. It makes sense that you can't do that.

I think that being able to destroy your own national wonders and rebuild them elsewhere is OP. It makes sense that you can't do that.

But what about outright destroying them to make way for another?

I think destroying them (w/o the option to build anew) should be allowed but with penalty.

But what about outright destroying them to make way for another?

I think destroying them (w/o the option to build anew) should be allowed but with penalty.

With a penalty, I guess that might be alright... but I just don't see this as being something that's broken or in need of changing. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

It takes a lot of hammers to build a national wonder. Once you destroy it the original hammers are gone forever and you have to start fresh. How is it overpowered? It's no different than moving the Palace.

If I recall correctly, in C3 you could sell off a lot of your buildings when you knew the end for that City was iminent. I thought that this was a good idea as it denied the enemy the use of the facility, it also bolstered your Bank Account.

If I recall correctly, in C3 you could sell off a lot of your buildings when you knew the end for that City was iminent. I thought that this was a good idea as it denied the enemy the use of the facility, it also bolstered your Bank Account.

Given the Civ4 mechanics, being able to sell 'normal' buildings would definitely be OP.

Just imagine you're in a war with somebody and take a city or two you know you can't keep due to cultural pressure. Right before gifting them back, you sell every building in them. You've essentially just gifted a ball-and-chain to the other civ, which is way messed up, imo.

-- my 2 :commerce:

But what about a building that gives unhealthiness, and suddenly must go away to prevent starvation?

nah, selling buildings only yield low amount of gold anyway (I think it was a ratio of 1 to 4) and you could only sell one building per turn per city. Not broken at all, if you sell one building per turn only. Maybe you can do this after banking.

Selling buildings could be easily done. You see deconstruction may be faster than construction but it still takes time. Thus in order to deconstruct the building you must put a [demolish Globe theater] into the queue or some such. The time would be dependent on the cost of building of course[hammer wise].

Imo, destroying buildings should be possible. In real world it's called scorched land tactics and was/is used frequently in wars.

Top Bottom