Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

Puush is good. I personally use ShareX for everything. With that, you can choose what file uploader you want to use.

OMG what they have done to the forum -.-
From what I read so far is, that they are working on restoring the download links from forum?

I think I will use mega now to upload further files.
I just uploaded v19a and linked it in the opening post.
https://mega.nz/#!lkAQnIIR!i-ICNBGoc6R3Tw932t411hOm9Dwd7BQFlaXQKyUu90Y

Changelog:
- Removed Active AI, cause it is causing desync... so it is useless.
- Improved the goldbonus for spain: if a teammate finds a wonder, spain gets 45% and the finder 35% of the wonder-finder-gold.

Bug I was not able to fix:
Trading with other human players is a little bugged because of whowards DLL mod. It can happen that you are not able to open the trade menu to another player. This is because the game thinks there is an unread trade. If this happens all players should check their trade menus to each payer, if there is a trade request and click "abort".
If you want this bug fixed, please post at whowards thread, cause it seems he does not care to fix this bug: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dll-various-mod-components.479600/page-93#post-14433501

In case you want to download v19 meanwhile, use this directlink:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11769956/MP_MODSPACK_Improved_Gameplay_multi_v19.zip.html

Last edited:
Hey Serp, just started playing with MPMPM and wanted to use your pack as it has the best looking set of mods for me. However, on starting the single player game (v19a) while most things seem to work fine (Settler has the initial turn one movement and vision boost, wonder status etc appears in the top right corner, in my city I have zero options to build so I can't do anything or progress my turn since it won't let me end turn without setting something to production, but there's literally nothing. Also, the city name doesn't show up at the top either, just a blank box. Obviously, something's wrong but I'm not sure what could be causing this.
http://i.imgur.com/CJwpIdd.jpg as an example.

I have no workshop subscriptions other than the MPMPM patch, and I tried deleting the whole Civ 5 folder in Documents\My Games then verifying the game but that didn't help.

Edit: Apparently I had the enhanced UI patch installed in my DLC folder as well which was screwing it up, all working now!

Last edited:
@Serp the Rebalanced Warfare mod changes the range of all post-Catapult siege units except the Hawch'a, which is the only ranged unique siege unit in the game. o.O I'm guessing this is an oversight because the trebuchet it replaces has the extra range so I don't see why the Koeran unit shouldn't. Can you please change that if it's not a balance thing? I was banking on using the Hwach'a with the extended range to act as defensive 'archers' as I lure the other civs in and then use their extra range to offset the fact that they get no bonuses versus cities. As it stands, compared to even the trebuchet, they're useless and I'd rather get those.

@theblindman Yes your are right.
I will include this in the next update, but this could take a while (cause I only push updates for more than 1 small change)

But you can edit it also yourself:
Just go into the modpack folder into "Override" and open Civ5Units.xml . There you search for " <Type>UNIT_KOREAN_HWACHA</Type> " . And change the "range" to 3 ;)
All players you play mutliplayer with, do need the same change.

@keldath thx. Yes v19a is the latest version.
The community patch is not included, cause the last time I checked (~3 months ago) it was still very bugged in multiplayer games, so I decided to keep on using whowards DLL instead... unfortunately also whowards DLL brought some new bugs (see bug section in first post), but at least the "human trading" bug is not gamebreaking and I removed Active AI mod.

@Serp did you have a plans to update your mod pack ?
Is there anything new that I should include?

As far as I know, whoward was not active a long time, and even while he was active, he was not willing to fix any of those bugs his DLL is causing =/

But I already made a new version with upgrade for scouts -> adventurer -> explorer -> airship -> sky fortress. And ironclad.
Gave UNIT_KOREAN_HWACHA a range of 3 and included workers to possible reward from goody husts.

But I think these are to less changes for a new update, that's why I did not publish it yet.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/nikplays-voxpopuli-eui-more-mods.611034/ check out this new modpack. I need feedbacks, and Serp? the tutorial is amazing!
How experienced are you? There were already some modders who tried to make community patch into a mopdack, but all of them failed, cause CP was not mutliplayer compatible yet.
Also alone with the DLL from CP there were plenty of bugs, that's why I chose whowards DLL (even if there are also a few bugs).

So are you sure everything is working meanwhile? I doubt.

How experienced are you?
Serp, Thank you for replying!

Well, I am a normal man who can modify mod's XML and LUA using an abundant of tutorials online to make it compatible with VP-EUI.

I'm still dependent on the mod creators modifications to make it compatible with VP-EUI.

So in conclusion, I made the modpack to play with friends with different timezones and only have six days of experience on building a good modpack. That also means I need some guidance from more seasoned modders like you and others!

It's workable, and I uploaded a gameplay with my friend (who live on the other side of the world) while using my modpack for internet multiplayer on youtube. But.. the old link for my vp beta modpack is broken for now. I'm working on the new VP2-27-1 and will share it when I finish testing it out. PS: the current problems of my new modpack are unable to click the unit promotions, clicking event overview will break the next turn for the game and trade menu for players is under the next turn button . Thank you again for replying Serp!

I hope that all of your questions have been answered Serp! I'll be answering more if you still have doubt. Give me your discord or steam id so I can you give the modpack I've been working on so we can work this out.

I'm sorry if my English is bad. English is my second language.
Bye!

How experienced are you? There were already some modders who tried to make community patch into a mopdack, but all of them failed, cause CP was not mutliplayer compatible yet.
Also alone with the DLL from CP there were plenty of bugs, that's why I chose whowards DLL (even if there are also a few bugs).

All of Vox Populi was made to work a long while ago. There were some problems causing constant desyncs, but it was fixed as far as I'm aware. Even user made modpacks are lying around on the CPP subforum and there's been few issues that I know of.

Edit:
Nik, as Vyyt said, the last official and perfectly working version was 12/14 on https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dlc-modpack-and-43-civ-version-repository.609278/
There's been some user modpacks since, but I haven't tried them. The above link contains a working VP modpack added by Gazebo, so please remember that Lynnes thread is severely outdated.

Last edited:
All of Vox Populi was made to work a long while ago. There were some problems causing constant desyncs, but it was fixed as far as I'm aware. Even user made modpacks are lying around on the CPP subforum and there's been few issues that I know of.

There is no constant desyncs actually, the problem with VP is their Bugs such as the Event overview problem. The new VP EUI is pretty neat!

Great mod, been using it since v17 and enjoying it tremendously. However there's two things that kinda bug me about it and I'd like to change, those being the new Farm model (I very much enjoyed how the rolling flat fields looked in vanilla compared to the visually busy and new farm that has bad aliasing issues) and unique improvements like the kasbah, brazilwood camp and polder being available to everyone. Is there any guide I could refer to for editing these out of the pack for my own enjoyment, or could you tell me how to do it?
Thank you for creating this pack and nice to see it's still being updated.

@zezibesh Thank you :)
Yes of course you can edit the modpack to what you like.
You could do the whole MPMPM progress with all mods except the ones you don't want, but I would not suggest this, cause it is very complex and very likely you will get errors.
It is easier to edit the existing modpack.

The game uses the following:
All lua files in the Mods folder. And all database (=xml and sql) in Civ5Units.xml in Override folder (CIV5Units_Korea.xml and CIV5Units_Mongol.xml for text).
So when you want to remove a mod, simply remove 1) his folder in the mods folder and 2) Undo every database change in Civ5Units.xml (this will work for 99% of the mods. It is not enough, if the mod does changes to one of the lua files in UI folder).
So you should understand xml and sql files and also know the database values without the mod, to undo them in Civ5Units.xml.

Is anyone playing my modpack in mutliplayer here?
I recently moved from LAN multiplayer to internet multiplayer and noticed increased waiting time, after everyone hit "next turn". https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/steam-internet-game-very-slow-turns.614235/#post-14731471
I think it is caused by bad internet connection, but I would like to make sure that it is not my modpack that is causing the issue... so anyone here who does not have this issue (like described in link) while using the modpack? Or does have same isse even without modpack?

Changelog v19a to v19b:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/serps-multiplayer-modpack-improved-gameplay.24039/
  • In Rebalanced Warfare UNIT_KOREAN_HWACHA now also have range of 3, like other trebuchet
  • Removed UI Diary, cause it brought no advantage, since EUI is used.
  • Removed UI - Trade Routes Enhancements (v 6), cause traderoutes still caused desync sometimes (if you still want it, it should be enough to move the mods folder back into Mods)
  • fixed possible crash when a razing city is captured by enemy. (fixed in UnitsPopulation.lua)
  • fixed possible bug with MP Fix Goody hut bonus (only if ruins spawn in your territorium, which should not happen in normal games)
  • Units - Scout Upgrades (v1) I merged several Scout upgrade mods (whowards and JFDs) to my own version.
    Desc: It contains Upgrades from Scout to Explorer -> Adventurer -> Airship -> SkyFortress and does also contain the Ironclad.
    The Explorer has more movement and sight and is has boni when embarked: 50% defense, +1movement and +2sight.
    SkyFortress and now also the helicopter can fly over ocean. (automate pathfinding does not know this, so auto-explore does not work well)
    The new Scout upgrades also get XP if discovering a new tile/wonders first, the higher the upgrade, the higher the max XP.
  • Update "Goody Huts - No Auto-Mapping": Added chance for new goody hut rewards. Now you can get the following:
    - Find Warrior, Scout, Archer or Worker in a goodyhut.
    - Find big gold amount, much experience or healing in goodyhut
    - find few or many barbarians in goodyhut (only non-scout units have chance to find them)
    Since the old goodyhut rewards are okay, and I don't want to replace them, I made chance to find those new rewards quite small. Experience, Warrior, scout, Archer, Healing and few barbarians have a chance of 1/4 compared to the default chance. Worker and many barbarians have chance of 1/8. High gold amount (300+) has chance of 1/12. (first I also included chance of Settler, but I removed it in database cause it would be too heavy boost)
I did not made a "new modpack" using MPMPM. Instead I added all those changes manually in the Civ5Units.xml. I'm quite sure that everything in the modpack works, but I'm not 100% sure, if the scout upgrades mod will work as a standalone (I hope it does).

Last edited:
Is anyone playing my modpack in mutliplayer here?
I think it is caused by bad internet connection, but I would like to make sure that it is not my modpack that is causing the issue... so anyone here who does not have this issue (like described in link) while using the modpack? Or does have same isse even without modpack?
  1. I'm playing your modpack currently, in SP.
  2. There's no speed problem playing the game in MP without the modpack.
  3. I'll find someone to play it to help you by giving you feedback.
  4. Broken download link, I am directed to the megadotnz home?
Changelog v19a to v19b:
  • Removed UI Diary, cause it brought no advantage, since EUI is used
  1. But there's no disadvantage (except file size), thus the deletion, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom