Several questions about several civilations

Okay...getting really OT...

I believe this discussion is of paramount importance regarding the movement rate of swallow units.

Yes. And what if the flag has a Seagull on it?

really I would imagine, since this is FF we r speaking of, that there could be wind-ley lines, created with thin traces of wind mana organized due to the topagraphy and weather patterns.

The Austrin can read these patterns and only erect cities at crossroads (or nexus) of these leylines

I have consulted the Oracle of Google.

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

but what about the cruising airspeed for a 5 pound laden african swallow?

Getting back on topic...

As it was stated, the Dural are builders: be it statues, homes, books, or weapons. Their reason to fight is much seen in their Hero, Karrlson, who goes from philosophy to military strategy in order to protect his homeland after seeing a razed Bannor village. They'e the pacifists of Erebus, dedicated to building works of wonder and defending them.

I would say the Elohim are. If anything, the Dural are the Freemasons of Erebus :p

On a sidenote and since we are discussing Fall Further Civs already: What is it that holds the Austrin together? I mean, a band of scouts, hunters and adventurers (especially when under the influence of Tali) does not seem like the sort of troupe with enough glue holding them together to form an empire...

I would say the Elohim are. If anything, the Dural are the Freemasons of Erebus :p

On a sidenote and since we are discussing Fall Further Civs already: What is it that holds the Austrin together? I mean, a band of scouts, hunters and adventurers (especially when under the influence of Tali) does not seem like the sort of troupe with enough glue holding them together to form an empire...

In their quick blurb in their pedia, it says that they came about during the time after the Age of Ice, when the wanderers of the different peoples and tribes started wandering and running into one another and tended to stick together out of a sense of shared interests.

That's probably what's keeping them together, still. It's a "nation" of people all bitten by wanderlust, so who better to talk with and who would appreciate your most recent travels, than a fellow wanderer? Besides, maybe someone's gone someplace you've never been and can give you directions.

Maybe a majority stay in cities while the rest explore like regular Austrins would. I couldn't see them being a civ without cities.

Well, as long as this thread seems to still be on your radars, here's another question. What's the Scion culture like? What are their towns like, what are their goals? I love playing them until I realize I don't know what they want and then get bored. Someone help me with this predicament!

Well, as long as this thread seems to still be on your radars, here's another question. What's the Scion culture like? What are their towns like, what are their goals? I love playing them until I realize I don't know what they want and then get bored. Someone help me with this predicament!

Walk into a Scion town, and you probably wouldn't realize you're surrounded by the undead. Not without a bit of investigation, anyways. Well, the town guard would seem pretty freakish, unless you came from Grottisburg.
Basically, the Scions are Patrian citizens who, with the guidance of the Risen Emperor, have returned from Arwan's realm to the realm of the living. Mostly, they want the same things the living want, with the obvious exception of food (which they can enjoy, but don't actually need). Culturally, they've got a slightly hedonistic bent, with a taste for the finer things in life; indeed, offering such pleasures to the living (with immortality as a bonus) is one way they earn converts. Try and imagine three parts Rome and one part Hollywood, and you've got something of the Patrians.
As for goals? Well, it depends on what sort of game you want. The Patrians would very much love to conquer the world, but that's hardly a unique aspiration on Erebus. That said, they're as likely to do it through cultural conversion as sticking swords in people's guts, especially as the hedonistic Patrian culture doesn't take long-term war, and the sacrifices it entails, very well. (Note the +35% war weariness from their palace...)

Well, speaking of goals, what are each of the civ's goals? I know the Sheaim want to end the world and the Infernal do, too. Illians want Auric to ascend. I'm not sure about the others unless I'm forgetting something.

Maybe thinking in terms of "leaders" instead of "civs" would be better for the goals.
The people themselves certainly don't want much but happiness, sex and a bit of alcohol.

Maybe thinking in terms of "leaders" instead of "civs" would be better for the goals.
The people themselves certainly don't want much but happiness, sex and a bit of alcohol.

Well, except the Khazad. They want a lot of alcohol. And the Sheaim are looking forward to the mysterious "fireworks show" their leaders promised. But I digress. Most leaders want to ensure their civilization becomes as powerful as possible, through whatever means they feel most appropriate. Trade, culture, conquest, research, mastery of the arcane, et cetera. A few have particularly specific goals: the Elohim want to spread peace and understanding, Auric wants to become a god, the Sheaim leaders want to blow the world up, Basiums wants to stomp demons, Cassiel wants to free people from the gods. But for most leaders, especially the neutral ones, it's all about making sure their people come out on top through means fair or foul.

Thanks for posting this. I realize I was focusing too much on the people and I need to know the leaders want. Thanks again.

Well, except the Khazad. They want a lot of alcohol. And the Sheaim are looking forward to the mysterious "fireworks show" their leaders promised. But I digress. Most leaders want to ensure their civilization becomes as powerful as possible, through whatever means they feel most appropriate. Trade, culture, conquest, research, mastery of the arcane, et cetera. A few have particularly specific goals: the Elohim want to spread peace and understanding, Auric wants to become a god, the Sheaim leaders want to blow the world up, Basiums wants to stomp demons, Cassiel wants to free people from the gods. But for most leaders, especially the neutral ones, it's all about making sure their people come out on top through means fair or foul.

It's more how are each of the civ's planning to do this? I've tried to come up with a few.

Grigori: Slow, steady expansion, with little war

Khazad: Slow, steady expansion, little war (After Against the Wall, so would I), and lots of gold

Malakim: To simply survive and spread the beliefs and whatever religion they follow (Most likely Empyrean now that I tweaked my version with this)

Sheaim: Armageddon

Elohim: Slow, steady expansion with a little less Armageddon

Bannor: Seemingly to wipe out corruption, but not to Basium-like standards

Balseraphs: Slow, steady expansion while attaching horns to the heads of all horses, no wait, put bows on the corpses of your enemies so they look good to their god, no wait, we'll paint the city walls bright pink, no wait, let's all just dance, yee yee yee!

Clan of Embers: WAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Illians: Have Auric ascend and return to the icy days

The chislev are a tribal culture with a rather unique government system. Their empire is organised into lots of smaller tribes, each cloistered around a central Warchief's camp. The chislev nation is more like a vast collection of tribes, united inder one banner in times of war. Their primary motivation is revenge against Jonas endain. They want to exterminate the orcs completely.

Try reading through a few pedia entries, they're pretty nice. One thing I rather like is the Rock Raven unit. They basically have birds that peck at their enemies. It's a Hawk UU, so they serve the same recon function, but have the additional ability to harass and damage approaching enemies, over a pretty significant range.

Also, I recently made a new chislev unit model, the Warchief :)
Spoiler :

Top Bottom