SevoMod 3

hey sevo and all of the rest :)

well - i have somthing sad to say -
i read i reply on dale thread -

and the mod - wont work on multi player game,

so i think - it should be made as an addon for sevo -
not to be included in the main mod.
it wil ruin the sevo mod for mp gamers....and this will be very sad.

i hope that dale will fix this.

Hi everyone!

A little off the topic, but this is the 100th page (at least in my thread view), and I think it ought to be celebrated!

Vit

i am rather new to this mod, but i have a problem, there are no forrests, nor resources on my map..nothing, just terrain, units and cities...does any1 know what am i doing wrong?

btw..exceptional mod...tnx

Mr. Zak said:
i am rather new to this mod, but i have a problem, there are no forrests, nor resources on my map..nothing, just terrain, units and cities...does any1 know what am i doing wrong?

btw..exceptional mod...tnx

Think this means you have just downloaded the patch instead of the whole Mod, check the 1st post in this thread again and make sure you have the file which is 183 Mb in size as well as a much smaller patch. If you have both then it's worth re-downloading them both again anyway incase you just got a corrupted file.

mrgenie said:
everyone is always free to use my server(accepts resuming)
http://mrgenie.dyndns.org klick on the left side on the 2nd link:"file server"
then you goto "sevo alternative"
here you can DL sevomod new, old versions(dont know why anyone needs them, but i keep them as a reminder to the history of the best mod ever created) keldaths mod is here too as a 352MB package..including Sevo 3.1 + keldath..i recommend anyone using this DL since keldath/gir package is the best add on to sevo :)
OMG you're my hero!!! :king: :goodjob:

BTW forgive me my n00bness... what's keldath/gir? and how do I install it into Sevomod? and also there's a patch in there directory, when should I run it?

And again, thankyouthankyouthankyou! :love: :thanks:

At least it used to matter. The mod now works in English, in French and Spanish (although with the new release, 3.1 that is, some texts still need to be translated). But it should also work in Italian, probably with some English texts from time to time (more translation needed...)
What happens if you change from Italian to another language? Also, did you install it in \Civilization IV\Mods or in \My documents\My Games\Civilization IV\Mods?

Titi said:
At least it used to matter. The mod now works in English, in French and Spanish (although with the new release, 3.1 that is, some texts still need to be translated). But it should also work in Italian, probably with some English texts from time to time (more translation needed...)
What happens if you change from Italian to another language? Also, did you install it in \Civilization IV\Mods or in \My documents\My Games\Civilization IV\Mods?

I supposed to find some text in English, no problem, but no text at all.... and I wouldn't change the entire game to English.
Btw I installed the mod in the Mod main program folder (...Programs\Civilization IV\Mods), not in my documents one. Tnx for your help

Oh, I wasn't telling you to switch to English to play, just to switch to another language to check if the menus would then show. If yes, there's a problem in the XML files for the Italian texts (probably a few missing lines somewhere, but that's enough to mess everything up); if no then it's the installation itself that needs to be verified.

Where is SEVO

Sevo said:
Mods

:health: GIR's Add-on Mod: GIR Add-on (3.0 compatible)
Adds several more units and a novel free upgrade systems based on unit combat--the more they fight the better chance they have to get free perks & promotions.

:health: Kelgir Mod by Keldath: 3UU Sevomod (3.0 compatible)

:health: Fujisan's Megalopolis Mod add-on: Megalopolis Mod Adds the larger city-square radius modification to the Sevomod for super-huge cities!

I have downloaded and installed the SevoMod, and am interested in getting these too...but before I do.

Is it advisable to install all three of them together?

Hello guys,

Can Sevo or someone please add these three features for the next addition to Sevo mod?

1. Forts that fire on passing enemies and enact zone of control
2. An assassin or ninja-type unit for early game espionage/ intelligence (that is invisible to other units).
3. Maybe even add a sniper unit with the advent of rifling or later mil techs- also invisible (links for these are below).

These are aspects that are crucial to warfare and have been around for eons.

I just spent 3 weeks in Japan- the fact that they don't have a wonder (except for Gir's fish market and Dual's unheralded Shinto mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152421) is a travesty. They've been a highly organized civ for 2600 years who were never successfully invaded or occupied until after WW2!

Some ideas (pick one or two):

Early Game

1. OTorii Gate – That famous big red gate on Myagima Island (by Hiroshima). I think someone else thought of this, but it could give you a unique unit, like samurai horsemen every 5 turns or something and become a tourist attraction after it becomes obsolete. Like the Statue of Zeus thing from Civ 3.

2. Perhaps a jujitsu or ninjitsu training center, that gives your early spies / assassins (i.e. ninja) some great automatic promotions and adds extra promotions for your other troops trained in that city (like commando or sentry). Don’t know the name of one, I would have to look into this.

Later Game

1. Shinkansen (bullet train) - maybe similar to gir's "roman roads" and give every city radius a railroad (or every tile you own a railroad). Maybe give a "mass transit" improvement to every city on the continent plus a health benefit for the pollution reduction. I live in NYC, but Japan's mass transit system (especially the Shinkansen) are a marvel unto themselves.

2. Akhibara - "Electric Town" section of Tokyo. Huge area of town that you can buy any electronic gadget you can imagine. Maybe just a marginal trade/ commerce and tech research benefit w/ no expiration.

Links

Jeckel’s ZOC Forts - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181921
Bacon's Assassin - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=158213
Lopez's Sniper - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=169665

Thanks for all the work the few of you hardcore modders do (SEVO, GIR, Keldath, guys mentioned above and everyone else I forgot) so the rest of us less-technically savy people can benefit.

Originally Posted by mrgenie
everyone is always free to use my server(accepts resuming)
http://mrgenie.dyndns.org klick on the left side on the 2nd link:"file server"
then you goto "sevo alternative"
here you can DL sevomod new, old versions(dont know why anyone needs them, but i keep them as a reminder to the history of the best mod ever created) keldaths mod is here too as a 352MB package..including Sevo 3.1 + keldath..i recommend anyone using this DL since keldath/gir package is the best add on to sevo

I downloaded this package, but when I tried to extract it it came up corrupt :/

Isod, you mention forts that exact zones of control by firing on passers by, that's something that's been discussed previously and I believe he's been looking into it, though I do like the idea of Ninja Clan's being early spies, you make a good point in that espionage has been a vital part of warfare, since well warfare started :D not sure how you would mean for the snipers to work admitedly, perhaps taking a % of hits like a strafing run from planes?

Top Bottom