SevoMod 3

Sevo said:
Not sure what's going on with you guys--military advisor works just fine on my end, so I can't really debug it...Could you play for a bit and then send me a copy of your pythonErr.log (make sure error logging is "on" in your civ4.ini file). There must be some issue that only you guys are experiencing.

Any luck with resolving this issue? (Or even just understanding why it's happening?)

Thanks,
Quiet Man

Ancient temples don't seem to serve any purpose
tech conquest doesn't appear to work
and what happened to the capturing of slaves that was in it before?

Definatley, or for an interesting twist Sevo, enable barbs in your mod to research religions? Why shouldn't they have some sort of religion available to them with all the benefits and drawbacks associated..

Quiet Man said:
Any luck with resolving this issue? (Or even just understanding why it's happening?)

Thanks,
Quiet Man

No, sorry QM. Like I said, Mine works fine. Any chance you could send me a copy of your python error log? That's almost certainly going to have the problem in it.

Aaargh! Just really discovered this Sevofeature!! Soooo wicked !

More workers ! Work work work plant plant chop chop chop kill grow build make invent power culture science. Aaaaaargh.

Pilotis said:
Aaargh! Just really discovered this Sevofeature!! Soooo wicked !

More workers ! Work work work plant plant chop chop chop kill grow build make invent power culture science. Aaaaaargh.

I have a feeling someone was excited when they typed this.

discolando27 said:
Definatley, or for an interesting twist Sevo, enable barbs in your mod to research religions? Why shouldn't they have some sort of religion available to them with all the benefits and drawbacks associated..
They stopped doing that?

Sevo said:

I'm working in his flying mod in as much as I want helicopter units to be able to fly over coastal waters. ...

oh lord! the gods hear my prays ! :thanx:

edit: oh god can u hear me? it would be nice if the "commando" unit (or something else) can hunt spies

come to think of commando units, why in the hell can't people use someone elses roads? I have never understood that... I mean come on, hey bob.. the ground is blue instead of red like near our road... we can't go very fast over there!... it doesn't make any sense... hrm, commando available at lower levels might offset that some, but I doubt people would purchase it much anyway..heh

in real life because possibly mines on road

the invading force must slow down inorder to check for mines and otehr stuff..

Thanks for the great mod.
One thing I would like to see here, is option to upgrade great general to actual battling unit like axeman in early ages. Having nice list of promotions right in the beginning, so it would be some kind of super unit. This was nice detail in mod "civmore".

Hi Sevo - absolutely love the mod in single player, but my other half and I just can't get it to work in multi for love nor money.

If we try and set up a LAN game, then whoever's hosting can't be seen by the other player. If we go for a direct IP connection, then once the game starts to load, the host player crashes back out to Windows!!

Am I doing something really stupid?

Sevo

I have a crash which keeps occurring you may be interested. Before you ask my machine has no problem playing civ normally. I am running 2.6ghz AMD with 6600 Gforce 256mb card and 1gb of ram. There is no performance lag.

The drivers are all upto date as is the patching.

I am playing a 1200 turn game as the american empire and it keeps stalling at 60ad. I have tried winding back the game many times to different points and the game was originally set to reseed events, so each playback should mean slightly different events. The game doesn't freeze it just spins the timer when i end the turn and keeps spinning, I have left it for over 30 mins just to see if it was proccessing something but it just gets stuck the whole time, ie keeps spinning eternally.

Let me know if you want me to send you a copy of my save game file. Or need more info.

Thanks again for the Sevomod it makes civ4 what it should have been!!

Leo

In the future there may be additional changes to increase the importance of keeping infantry in cities.

I made a very simple change to infantry and tanks: I switched city raider from the armour-class to the gunpowder class.
This has two effects: First, it forces the player to use infantry to take cities, as it should be. Taks still rule the countryside.
On the other hand, it also gives attackers at least some possibilities in the rifle-era (also making inf better for taking cities than cav, wich also seemed wrong).

t-force said:
Hi Sevo - absolutely love the mod in single player, but my other half and I just can't get it to work in multi for love nor money.

If we try and set up a LAN game, then whoever's hosting can't be seen by the other player. If we go for a direct IP connection, then once the game starts to load, the host player crashes back out to Windows!!

Am I doing something really stupid?

I know people play multiplayer without probs. You and your other half are running exactly the same version/upgrade/etc, I assume? If all else fails I'd uninstall Civ4 on both machines and re-install, upgrade to 1.61, then add Sevomod and try it.

leo crumb said:
Sevo

I have a crash which keeps occurring you may be interested. Before you ask my machine has no problem playing civ normally. I am running 2.6ghz AMD with 6600 Gforce 256mb card and 1gb of ram. There is no performance lag.

The drivers are all upto date as is the patching.

I am playing a 1200 turn game as the american empire and it keeps stalling at 60ad. I have tried winding back the game many times to different points and the game was originally set to reseed events, so each playback should mean slightly different events. The game doesn't freeze it just spins the timer when i end the turn and keeps spinning, I have left it for over 30 mins just to see if it was proccessing something but it just gets stuck the whole time, ie keeps spinning eternally.

Let me know if you want me to send you a copy of my save game file. Or need more info.

Thanks again for the Sevomod it makes civ4 what it should have been!!

Leo

That used to happen with an older version of the mod but I thought it was a thing of the past. A copy of the save game would be helpful.

I definitly love this mod !
But still some remarks :
- Is it possible to remove Slave when Slavery is changed for another politic ?
- Is it possible to add "stealth" to some non military units (like explorer and missionary), or restrain the "free pass" agreement to them ? And create another diplomatic agreement to allow military units to cross ? Diplomacy isn't that good for now...

Thanks for your work !

Top Bottom