SevoMod 3

Grabnar said:
Shqype, You must NOT taunt happy fun ball....at least not until Sevo updates this mod to Warlords. Besides, knowing Sevo, he most likely modded happy fun ball into some horrible weapon of mass destruction. :lol:

I think Happy Fun Ball already IS a WMD!

Shqype said:
That was more of a statement to get a probe into an explanation of exactly what "Happy Fun Ball" is. I'de appreciate the link to a video :)

The original Saturday Night Live skit:SNL Happy Fun Ball

That one always makes me laugh...

Jeebus, that sounds scary.. can we get happy fun ball as an American UU vs the Jetplane? it sounds much more potent..*shudders* And don't give up Sevomod for vanilla, I tried it today, the americans swarmed me with over 88 navy seals... vewy scary stuff :O

I definitely want one... :)

might already be displayed but for me scouts (of alexander/greeks) takes 2147283648 turns to explore an ancient temple whereas workers makes it in 4 turns. (with sevo + GiR mode) I do not actually know if it is a GiR or Sevo issue.

EDIT: it does it with sevomod without GiR so I think it is a Sevomod 3c issue. (I think, because while it still write b, I think I installed c..)

Hello Sevo,

If this has been asked before, I am sorry for the repeat:

Will you be tweaking Sevo 3 to complement the Warlords expansion?

Thank you,

John:)

Calavente said:
might already be displayed but for me scouts (of alexander/greeks) takes 2147283648 turns to explore an ancient temple whereas workers makes it in 4 turns. (with sevo + GiR mode) I do not actually know if it is a GiR or Sevo issue.

EDIT: it does it with sevomod without GiR so I think it is a Sevomod 3c issue. (I think, because while it still write b, I think I installed c..)

I noticed these things:
- Followed install instructions for sevo 3.0 AND patch-c but civilopedia shows b-version ???! Me :confused:.. Any other way to check if c-patch is correctly installed ?
- I also encountered the same thing with scouts + ancient temples as "Calavente" when playing with Vikings, explore time is ~2147283648 turns.
- And, at least three times, during (still ongoing) game with vikings, when I used a great person to research a new tech, nothing happened. No new tech for me and person wasted.

But my overall gaming experience is MUCH better than with regular civ4 v1.61, this mod absolutely rocks!!!

And I'm also interested in translating the mod/game texts to Finnish, but I'm a noob in that area so a "how-to" would be needed...

It's funny, i never build the kremlin before so i didn't notice, but why does all the world always thinks about this basilisk at the red square when someone names "kremlin"? :) does anyone on this planet knows what a kremlin is? :) every major european city has it! the majority of the russian cities has it. in Europe it was the inner and final fortifications of a city in which people could fled in case of a siege. in Russia it was similar, although there in a more stricted way more or less only political leaders of cities/tribes etc gathered in these fortifications. the old Kremlin(at the time the wonders comes in civ) was from WOOD! :) it got stone, more stone, enlarged etc etc..over the centuries it got expended...it's these fortification in which Putin has his office..I really don't understand what this funny basilisk has to do with the kremlin? :) Sevo, please fix it, because, it's the same as to show the empire state building calling this the white house :)

Suggestion of movie(picture) http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Plan_of_Moscow_Kremlin.jpg because this is the REAL KREML! :)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Kreml_Moskau4.jpg eastern wall of the kreml..the basilisk is here on the right, outside of the kreml...really OUTSIDE!! has nothing to do with the fortifications! :)

The scout problem will be fixed in the next update--when I added the ethnically diverse scout units i forgot to give them work rates to go with the build tags.

Release Announcement (Place fanfare here)

Should have a release out very quickly. It will include:

1) Many SDK implimentations; fixes by LunarMongoose for the game code, Flying mod (helicopters over coastal waters), Nuke Anywhere, and some other little ditties. Note that the game will still play fine without the dll for the Mac users out there; I've done this intentionally so the mod can still be played, it just adds a little more fun if you can use the SDK stuff. (I'll post a non-exe zip that you guys can use).

2) The tech leak modification by AltarisGreyhawk. See his thread for the details, but this is a great idea and adds balance to the game, as opposed to un-balancing it. Basically, the more trade routes you have with a foreign civ, the more you gain small bits of technology from them over time. I really like this one because it will 1) Prevent the runaway tech race and help keep stragglers from the Tanks vs. Axemen scenario; 2) Force the leading civs to keep pressing their tech lead if they want to maintain it; 3) Creates another layer of strategy in the embargo scenario, in that you can slow a foreign country's tech development by not trading with them.

3) Several more unit fixes/balances/fine tunings to balance the very early game units and the very late game units. Mobile infantry has been given a bigger city bonus and slight strength boost, IFV has a slight increase in city defense as well, but armor will still rule the open road.

4) A few surprises...

5) CivGold version 2.0 will be released as an optional add-on shortly thereafter (the Civgold 1.0 civs are all still in the main mod, the new civs for version 2.0 will be the ones added).

That's all i can think of off the top of my head. When that's done I'm off for two weeks and then I'll get Warlords up to speed.

:smoke:

youpi !!

You're my hero* Sevo !!! :worship:

thanks for your mod, your work and... your kindness to all..

--------
*well technically only one of my heroes...
but still, if I were an US teenager sex-bomb living in Chicago and you not engaged, I would offer you my body :lol:

hmm, if I were a US teenager sex-bomb, I'm not sure I would ever have played cIV... :crazyeye:

Great, Sevo!

Cannot wait the new release!

Sevo said:
2) The tech leak modification by AltarisGreyhawk. See his thread for the details, but this is a great idea and adds balance to the game, as opposed to un-balancing it. Basically, the more trade routes you have with a foreign civ, the more you gain small bits of technology from them over time.
After testing this mod I realised several surprising things:

1) The more trade routes you have, the more points YOUR RIVALS get from you! For example, you can have trade routes with others but don't recieve any points if others have not any trade routes with you.

2) Trade routes are not bidirectional! If Moscow trades with Rome, it doesn't mean that Rome trades with Moscow.

Here is several interesting consequences:

- if you are first to discover Writing, sign Open Borders with all you have connected with. This way you make others to traide with you and you get a lot of research points, but your rivals get very few from you (and some get nothing).

- if you have discovered Currency, built The Great Lighthouse or did something giving you additional trade routes, you, of course, get some money, but not the tech leak points! On the contrary, your rivals will get more points from you.

Sevo said:
I think Happy Fun Ball already IS a WMD!

Why not add Whacky Inc. as a world wonder, where the owner would be able to create Happy Fun Ball units? Just add the SNL video as a wonder video and there you go! There could be a separate patch for this wonder, so people could choose to play with or without it -would be happy fun!

'Course I do miss the good old cruise missile unit from Civ2. Thought the Happy Fun Ball would be a fine substitute, since no-one has bothered to make them...

mrgenie said:
in Europe it was the inner and final fortifications of a city in which people could fled in case of a siege.

It certainly came to be used that way, but "kremlin" means "fortified town", The text actually describes the Moscow Kremlin (the correct name) pretty accurately.

mrgenie said:
I really don't understand what this funny basilisk has to do with the kremlin? :) Sevo, please fix it, because, it's the same as to show the empire state building calling this the white house :)

Methinks you mean "basilica" instead of "basilisk";) The Basilisk wouldn't make a very good tourist attraction....

The reason you see St. Basil's Basilica (correctly the Cathedral of the Intercession) as a representation of Moscow/the Kremlin is that the Kremlin itself is fairly nondescript. Because the Soviet Moscow was so closed off to Westerners, many of it's landmarks and gorgeous architecture are relatively unknown across the Caucasus'/Pacific Ocean and/or are easily confused with other Eastern European monuments. St. Basil's is an notable exception. Besides, it looks lots better than the Lubyanka!

While you have a valid point, MrGenie, I'd vote to leave the graphic as-is because it is such an identifiable Russian landmark.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Kreml_Moskau4.jpg eastern wall of the kreml..the basilisk is here on the right, outside of the kreml...really OUTSIDE!! has nothing to do with the fortifications! :)[/QUOTE]

Er - in that picture, the cathederal-like building with the clock is the Spasskaya Tower ("Savior Tower"), part of the Kremlin wall fortifications. St. Basil's is a bit further to the right, out of frame.

Why not change the name and keep the picture ?
Red place / Krasnoïa platza instead of Kremlin ?

it will still be "russian" and still speak about the image of the soviet's government's power. (the Kremlin in itself is just a fortification..), as Versailles is a beautiful chateau, but was not chosen in cIV as such, it was chosen because it was a government center that was not the city capital.

maybe the same can be done with the Kremlin, chosen not for the fortification aspect but for it's role in soviet's power...

comments?

Sevo - Fantastic job! A really outstanding effort -you should be very proud of yourself.

Does anyone else think that SevoMod is a better expansion than Warlords? I hope for Firaxis sake that you and your friends don't start making your own gaming company! You might give Firaxis a real run for their money!

Anyway, I am glad to see that you have added so many new civs, but, I was personally wondering if it wouldn't be possible to have a Southeast Asian civ, like Vietnam, Thailand or maybe Siam in there? It seems that part of the world is under-represented.

I have created a Vietnam civ, nothing fancy, still leaderhead picture, but it works. Feel free to use that in your mod if you wish. Or if you or someone else can make it better than me , then by all means do so. I am not an expert, first-time modder, and I am very fortunate that there are people like you around to make this great stuff happen.

So if you could include a SE Asian civ in your mod that would be just fantastic. Either way, a really, really nice job.

Oh yea , one more thing, if this is already in your mod forgive me since I have not downloaded it yet, but I did not see it in the intro page.

What about having a civ's UN vote as a diplomatic option that could be bartered for? A civ could buy or sell their votes to other civs that may want it and blocs could be formed between different factions of the world.

The UN in general really needs to be overhauled and I am glad to see that your mod has been making some great improvements on it, far better than what Firaxis has given us.

The Q-Meister said:
Sevo - I was personally wondering if it wouldn't be possible to have a Southeast Asian Civ...

I'll be including CivGold 2.0, and that includes Ho Chi Minh and others. :)

The Q-Meister said:
The UN in general really needs to be overhauled...

A truer statement I've not heard...wait, are we still talking about the game?

Fujisan said:
1) The more trade routes you have, the more points YOUR RIVALS get from you! For example, you can have trade routes with others but don't recieve any points if others have not any trade routes with you.

2) Trade routes are not bidirectional! If Moscow trades with Rome, it doesn't mean that Rome trades with Moscow.

Very true. I playtested this quite a bit and found that larger civs = more trade routes = more tech points, so I included a whole bunch of balancers to the leaking. Basically, if you're even or ahead of the civ you're trading with in terms of tech points, you're not going to benefit from them very much. If you fall behind, however, you'll start to pick up points depeding on how far behind you fall. I don't want to give freebie points away, but if you're way back in the game you're basically lost without a little help. This should only go into effect now when a civ is reaching the hopeless state if things continue to progress without aid, and will hopefully keep the game more interesting.

I'm new here and to this mod so maybe I am doing something wrong but I just can't seem to get it to work, I keep getting a CVeventinterface python error on startup, this is my log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 17, in ?
File "CvSevoEventManager", line 9, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 172, in ?
File "CvPediaMain", line 153, in __init__
AttributeError
:
type object 'CvPythonExtensions.CivilopediaPageTypes' has no attribute 'CIVILOPEDIA_PAGE_WONDER'

ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface

I installed the mod and then installed the patch listed in the first post.

Hopefully one of you guys can help, thanks.

threeclaws said:
I'm new here and to this mod so maybe I am doing something wrong but I just can't seem to get it to work, I keep getting a CVeventinterface python error on startup, this is my log:

I installed the mod and then installed the patch listed in the first post.

Hopefully one of you guys can help, thanks.

Something didn't install right. That error looks like it can't find files or is confused by the files it's looking at.

You need to have Civ IV (not warlords), update civ to 1.61 with in the in-game installer or whatnot, and then install Sevomod...did you do all that?

Hi there. I recently downloaded the mod and when I fired it up I got a bit of a surprise. Everything seems to be just fine, except for the city information and the city screen. I´ve attached two screens of the problems, got any idea what might´ve caused it?

I´m using 1.61 with your latest patch.

Attachments

• city1.jpg
    city1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 109
  • city2.jpg
    city2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 96
Sindri Pink said:
Hi there. I recently downloaded the mod and when I fired it up I got a bit of a surprise. Everything seems to be just fine, except for the city information and the city screen. I´ve attached two screens of the problems, got any idea what might´ve caused it?

I´m using 1.61 with your latest patch.

Somehow only part of the mod installed. The font files are where they belong but it looks like the XML got messed up...or some other combination. I'd delete the mod and start fresh.

Top Bottom