SevoMod 3

I could not stand playing without the sevo tech tree so I decided to not play warlords until I got at least the tech tree like Sevo mod. I did a conversion of the tech tree yesterday night. I also added the new military units. I did not add the new civs as some are overlapping with the new warlords civs same with your new wonders.

My point is if you want my conversion of the tech tree let me know I could send it to you. I will most likely continue converting things slowly. You just made me addcited to CIV again and I just cant play without this MOD, so there is no point trying to play vanilla, original or warlord.

Btw, two requests could you add the mod that change the razing of cities to take more than one turn? I tried and failed.

Second request.

The tech tree has one issue, rocketry is avaiable directly after artillery this can lead to sam infantry and helicopter before flight.

I moved rocketry to come from industrialism and require Computers / Flight. Computer was just to get the units in the right time frame with other military units and might not be needed.

I am cant wait to use Sevo-Mod with Warlords. :)

Sevo said:
Somehow only part of the mod installed. The font files are where they belong but it looks like the XML got messed up...or some other combination. I'd delete the mod and start fresh.

Yep, that was the trick to it, alright. Everything's working properly now and I´m happy as a larch. :)

I´ve just been to the store to load up on the three holy C´s (Coke, Crisps and Chocolate) and am about to pull an all-nighter with your mod at the marathon setting on a huge SmartMap. Yay! :D

When I tryed to play with Sevo 3.0, I got all the way into the game and everything seemed to work fine except I had no menus :eek: . I have never tryed to use any earlier versions, thoug I have been able to use other mods without this proble. I really want to use your mod! Help!

Matte979 said:
I am cant wait to use Sevo-Mod with Warlords. :)

keldath said:
hello all,

im in the process of making sevomod - ultimate mod copmatible with warlords,
i hope to finnish in a few days,
its a very hard work this one ...:)

Well, my plan is to release the 3.1 version of Sevomod, then take a little vacation (2 week real-life trip to far far away), then come back and play a little warlords and then make Sevomod Warlords-compatible. Keldath is apparently working on a warlords compatible version (I'm assuming it'll include his other add-ons, but I'm not certain), so if you want to jump in you can start playing with that until I get the main mod going with Warlords.

The only thing delaying the 3.1 release is the integration of CivGold-2. I've discovered that we have some of the same problem with leaderheads--I explained in in-depth in that thread, but basically several of the leaderheads won't display properly for everyone without updating. The other problem is that with all of them included the load time for this mod gets much longer...so I'm going to include a handful of the civs (and update the leaderheads nonshader versions) and then just get this thing out so you guys can play with the new toys (helicopters over water! Yay! Nuke your own cities! First strike chances that actually work!)

:)

Hi. I only play with Sevomod 3 and I must say it rocks like hell! Kudos to Sevo for his impressive work. :)

However, if I have a little nitpick, I think Sevomod could innovate by reworking the logistics to stop or at least limit faraway cities. IMHO, fawaway cities should be possible only if you have sufficient wealth to maintain an expansive city away from the main continent. Perhaps the maintenance of a city could be increased significantly until it touches the rest of your borders or a road connects the two cities.

The distance maintenance should be increased enormously if there are no border or road connection between the city and the rest of the Empire, so to prevent North Pole cities created by the AI in faraway lands while restricting the numbers of cities.

What do you think?

Sevo said:
The only thing delaying the 3.1 release is the integration of CivGold-2. I've discovered that we have some of the same problem with leaderheads--I explained in in-depth in that thread, but basically several of the leaderheads won't display properly for everyone without updating. The other problem is that with all of them included the load time for this mod gets much longer...so I'm going to include a handful of the civs (and update the leaderheads nonshader versions) and then just get this thing out so you guys can play with the new toys (helicopters over water! Yay! Nuke your own cities! First strike chances that actually work!)

:)

FWIW I downloaded CivGold 2.0 to preview what you might add here, and I can see the new leaderheads fine status quo with a generally inferior Intel 82852/82855 non-shader capable display. And I never really minded the Wonderland stuff to begin with, since correcting it meant much added work on mod creators' parts for minimal audience. As for the loading times, it already takes a few minutes on my computer to load Sevomod; I wouldn't mind one or two more if it means added variety, extra toys. Enjoy a well-earned holiday.

hi sevo, and the rest :)

so indeed i work on a version that contains my update,
finnished around 50% of it.

ill update the new 3.1 when sevo releases it.

sevo....
wow the merging of the leader heads and the civs is so annoying...
its basicley writing the whole thing again!

I did read but didnt understand the last post....Is the current version compatible with Warlords? ( holds breath )

Hi Sevo
Not sure if this has been asked before but have you considered adding the great person mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153506 into the mod as it seems it would add a nice educational plus to the game as well as a nice little bonus to getting a great person .

Sevo!

What other mods that you have done will Sevomod be compatible with? Will it work with faces of god? Haven't tried that one, and it is unthinkable for me to try out other mods that do not include combination with Sevomod. Looking forward to be playing a little Sevolization...

(Wikipedia, Sevolization: "a commonly acknowledged term, implying the merging of modifications, see mod - pl., made by Sevo with Civilization IV a Firaxis Studios game. 'Sevolization' derives from the name of the mod's creator Sevo and the name 'Civilization', and was invented and immediately accepted by dedicated fans who loved his work.")

Stellan_87 said:
Is there anything better than drinking and partying all night, making out with a hot woman twice your age, then playing sevos civ 4 mod with a good cup of cofee in your hand trying to sober :king:

Revised version for the over 30s :sad:
Is there anything better than sipping a glass or 2 of wine, trying and failing to make out with a woman half your age, then having the rest of the night to play Sevo's mod sober :lol:

MrAnon said:
While you have a valid point, MrGenie, I'd vote to leave the graphic as-is because it is such an identifiable Russian landmark.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Kreml_Moskau4.jpg eastern wall of the kreml..the basilisk is here on the right, outside of the kreml...really OUTSIDE!! has nothing to do with the fortifications! :)
true, i see your point :) but i still like the idea of fortified town more then some religious building :) since civ4 religion and war and politics are, linked, but independent parts of the game...and the kremlin has some other meaning then religious! :) and besides, i was in moscow, the kremlin itself is alot cooler then this building!!! :)

Er - in that picture, the cathederal-like building with the clock is the Spasskaya Tower ("Savior Tower"), part of the Kremlin wall fortifications. St. Basil's is a bit further to the right, out of frame.
That's what i meant :)

btw, Thank you very much SEVO!!!! :))))

Originally Posted by Stellan_87
Is there anything better than drinking and partying all night, making out with a hot woman twice your age, then playing sevos civ 4 mod with a good cup of cofee in your hand trying to sober

Revised version for the over 30s
Is there anything better than sipping a glass or 2 of wine, trying and failing to make out with a woman half your age, then having the rest of the night to play Sevo's mod sober

Haha that made me laugh!

Anyway, cheers for your hard work Sevo and I'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with with the new options and toys in Warlords. Have a good holiday mate and best of luck in your future projects.

keldath said:
hi sevo, and the rest :)

so indeed i work on a version that contains my update,
finnished around 50% of it.

ill update the new 3.1 when sevo releases it.

sevo....
wow the merging of the leader heads and the civs is so annoying...
its basicley writing the whole thing again!

Yeah...I know... :lol:

I haven't worked on a Warlords compatible release yet; I'll do that in August. Keldath appears to be working on a compatible version but I believe it will include some of his other custom work as well. Nevertheless, his variants are fun (3 uu's, for example) and have been well received, so if you want to go Warlords his might be the way to go until I get this beastie caught up.

Axil said:
Hi Sevo
Not sure if this has been asked before but have you considered adding the great person mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153506 into the mod as it seems it would add a nice educational plus to the game as well as a nice little bonus to getting a great person .

I had tried that (well, a previous incarnation), but it actually got annoying having more pop-ups! The other problem is that now we've got a ton more great people with the CivGold Civs and it would require a lot of work to find images of all of them.

Okay...back to work on the 3.1 Getting really close.

This is an awesome mod, kudos to Sevo for making such an enjoyable add-on.

I just experienced my first and hopefully last crash with 3.0. Apologies if it's been mentioned before I skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of this.
What happened was I was in my city screen and double-clicked on another civ's scout unit which was in my city. That took me to the main map with him selected, although I had no action buttons, as you would expect with it not being my unit. I ended my turn at that point and it crashed instantly.
A fairly minor crash imo since this probably only happens when you end your turn with another civ's unit selected but I wanted to mention it so everyone knows.

A question regarding stone quarries.

I am playing SEVO 3.0 + 3UU + Megapolisis for some time and always finding stone resources to be very sparingly.

Is it a game balancing issue ?

I get copper and iron more frequently then stone.

Stone is obviously the most common resource on the planet, from the ancient egyptians in the desert the Mayas
and the aztecs throughout the ancient world in the far east,
middle east and europe, it's harder to find a civic without
stone from one possessing it.

Top Bottom