Sevomod: Support & Bug Reports

hmm
I`ts work when I delete file:
Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Sevomod\Assets\python\entrypoints\CvScreensInterface.py
and delete directory:
Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Sevomod\Assets\python\screens\
but I have normal interface :/

It's normal, if you delete the \screens directory, that you get the standard interface!
OK, so the files are correct, but you get the "failed to open" error message. Weird. What version are you playing? Civ IV 1.68?

That would explain the problem then! Sevomod 3.3 was built with ver 1.68 features. To get the latest Sevomod working, I'm afraid you have to upgrade your version of Civ IV to 1.68 (not 1.74, I'm not sure it will work with it).

Where I get Patch version of Civ IV to 1.68 ?
In donwload is Civilization IV v1.61 Patch (PC) this patch enough??

Oops!!!
Sorry, there's no 1.68 that I know of for Civ IV (I mixed up different games!)
So 1.61 is the patch you need.

Hi,

I just played my first game of Sevomod. Great mod! I didn't really understand the new mastery victory condition, though. In fact, it didn't seem possible to win the game at all. I conquered a lot of AI cities and territory, getting ready to win a domination victory, but when I passed the 75% thresholds, nothing happened. So I went on to destroy all the AI's. Still nothing. I also built the UN and voted myself to a diplomatic victory, and still nothing happened. Same goes for space race. The game just went on. I guess I should be satisfied with knowing that I've won, but still, it would be cool to see those victory videos.

Oh, and when I got tired of it all and resigned, the game said that I had been defeated...

Can anyone explain if there's a way to get an "official" victory?

I believe you've got to meet ALL victory conditions to win, but I'm not sure.

Hi there,

in search of a mod for vanilla I stumbled upon this promising mod.
I got it working in version Civ 1.74. But I can't install this patch (Sevomod3.3_Titichanges) without getting lots of XML Errors when starting up the game.
So any ideas how this is done? Do I need it at all?
Thank you.

I'm not sure the patch is compatible with Civ 1.74 (as Sevomod 3.3 was made for Civ 1.61). Another explanation could be that the patch is corrupted. Maybe try to download it again?

I have followed the instructions carefully and read all the installation procedures and yet I still have no font/text in game. I have tryed redownloading it and reinstalling it to no avail. I have compared versions with other players online and everything seems to match. When I go to advanced options in sevomod and click on options, nothing happens. Is there a reason for this?

What are the language and the version of your game? What is the mod version?

It's in enlish. I am trying to add ver 3.3, file ver 4.42.0.0. I read above that I don't need the patch. I did notice that my custom assets folder has info in it. Should I delete this?

I have installed the sevo mod and the "latest patch" following the directions in the installation thread exactly. I can load the game, but I cannot access certain things within the game. On the main menu, clicking on civilopedia does nothing except the screen flashes. Once I create a game, there are no buttons for anything anywhere (aka no minimap, no icons to fortify, no bar showing the current research, no bar showing gold, none of the adviser icons, etc).

I tried clearing the cache when loading the mod, but it didn't help.

I am letting the mod auto-load and I have a few things set in the options about making the movies play faster, but I don't think that is the issue...

Thanks for any help!

Also, I'm running Civilization 1.61

I have no Interface! I have a feeling it's because I have the 1.74 patch for vanilla. Is there a way around that, or am I just not able to use this mod?

For what its worth I just installed vanilla Civ IV, Sevomod3.3, titi's patch and the fix to the interface python file on a new laptop with Win7 64bit and the ONLY thing special i had to do to get it to work flawlessly was to redownload dxwebsetup.exe from the microsoft website. Prior to running the direct x updater civ would fail to load at all claiming a shader problem. Afterwards its perfect.

almost forgot, prior to installing sevomod i did upgrade to 1.61 and then to 1.74.

Top Bottom