Sevomod--Warlords Version

Good luck Sevo, and thanks for what I considered the best vanilla-like mod for vinalla ;)

So I guess it's time to stop waiting for Sevolords and check out Visa instead.

Aww man I've just read that!
Good luck Sevo, and thanks to all the talented work and devotion you've presented all the Civ4 members of the forum with :) :D :thumbsup: :goodjob:.

Although it saddens me that you're leaving the civ community for the time being, I really hope to see you on the forum back some day... Maybe when Civ5 gets released ;).

Good Luck Buddy.

Can I just add my disappointment that you're leaving us with my thanks for your great mod. It was the only one that worked for me. Good luck.

Well, I might as well add my 2 cents. Sevo, yours was the 1st mod I played and I've loved it ever since. You will be sorely missed. I wish you the best!

Just to clear things up. Has anyone signed up for making a warlords compatable sevomod version without ANY changes?

Oh, man, just when I started getting into the MOD. Oh well. I'll be getting Warlords soon, was hoping for Sevolords too. But good luck on the new project.

Sevomod is absolutely brilliant, definately one of the best mods out there. Good luck Sevo, and I'm looking forward to seeing you back for Civilization V.

Just to clear things up. Has anyone signed up for making a warlords compatable sevomod version without ANY changes?

I'm sure somebody on here will. I've always loved Sevomod. So much so I made an add-on mod to it several months ago, that a few of you may remember.

In the mean time I'm working on a new Warlords project that will incorporate alot of Sevomod into it. Shameless plug, I know... :lol:

But thought some of you may be interested none-the-less...

(see sig for link)

Sev, THANK YOUR FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING WORK and your invaluable contribution to the community. I wish you all the best and lots of luck with your new project. Hope to see you back for Civ 5! :salute:

wow just saw that sevo retired...

caought up with life you know...

anyway,
wanted to say, that sevo you made civ 4 worth playing. gave hours of enjoyment - you got me into modding with you brilliant ideas for civ.

wish you all the best in life and project.

well....
we will meet again i hope in civ5 forums and who knowes what can we do together :)

best wishes,
your friend sagi.

What you should really proud of is that people who have neverplayed your work are already getting severe depression over thet fact you're leaving.:cry:

It would have been fitting for your last project to be a warlords version.

Yes, this is very sad. I love sevomod, and had hoped to see this mod reach the milestone it deserves. Is there no interest left to make this mod available to Warlords? Last I heard was that Keldath had taken up sevo's work.

What remains to be done, and is there something I can do to help finish the project? I have little to no modding skills, but I'll be darned not to see this mod go into Warlords.

Here's a list of some important changes/additions I would hope for when/if sevomod reaches Warlords (I have more, but they are too numerous to mention here):
- 2nd UU for all civs (Among others, the Vikings have longboats that replaces galleys, they can travel on ocean squares -see my justification of this below)
- The following is removed from sevomod/kept from warlords: Great General, Great Wall wonder.
- Keep all civs and leaders from sevomod, just add leaders from warlords.
- Ideas for new Viking leaders: Canute ("Knud" in correct terms) who is Aggressive and Expansionist, Harald Hårfagre ("Harald Hair-beautiful" translated) who is Nationalistic and Charismatic, Olav I or "Olav the Holy" (the first Christian viking king who converted Norway and most of scandinavia) who is Spiritual and Financial, Harald Harråde ("Harald the Ruthless" translated), and Halvdan Svarte ("Halvdan the Black" translated).
- Add mountains as new terrain (keep peaks for really high mountains).
- Add mountain pass as terrain feature in mountains/peaks (as oasis for deserts).
- Add canals as an improvement -can come in addition to roads and other improvements such as farms and cottages.
- More resources, including tobacco and tea.
- Change some of the traits in sevomod to make them better, and replace some traits for leaders from warlords.

Vikings should be able to traverse ocean squares, for how else would they settle Iceland, Greenland, Northern America, Northern Britain, and several remote islands so early, including raiding Northern Britain? But what would be even better is to have not only two -but three types of sea-based terrain; coast, sea, and ocean (or "ocean" and "Deep ocean"), where they could travel only on sea (not the deepest ocean-tiles) -and this way reach the historical destinations. The North Sea and North Atlantic should have these sea tiles to allow the Viking longboats.

I just mention these, mostly to show I'm still motivated and hopeful, but also as an inspiration for those who might consider continuing the work of converting the mod. But I wonder, what is the progress for those involved, what remains, and is it going to be continued?

On my account, I'm making a 240x140 world map for the time being, and I'm working on placing resources at the moment now that all shorelines and most of (but not all) topography in the world is adjusted to look like our world. I have gametested the map with England and come to about 1000 AD with no problems -it hasn't crashed yet. I'm hoping to include 24 civs in the map as well. This map is going out there with or without sevomod, but it would be fun to combine them.

How do...
Thanks to Sevomod for making my time gaming great..!
I'v got the latest sevomod and titi's patch, but was wondering if there were any more to add to it. I did have Gir's add-ons on the last patch and various others, but cant seem to find them now, and wouldn't be sure if they'd work with the latest Sevomod. Im wondering if there is going to be a warlord compatible version too, as I'm not playing Warlords yet until Sevomod is compatible....?(Bought the expansion but not installed it yet).
Cheers....

:sad: I doubt it gets done as sevo no longer mods

*sighs*

Damn it.. I'm missing out.. I can't find my CD for the vanilla Civ 4..

How do...
Thanks to Sevomod for making my time gaming great..!
I'v got the latest sevomod and titi's patch, but was wondering if there were any more to add to it. I did have Gir's add-ons on the last patch and various others, but cant seem to find them now, and wouldn't be sure if they'd work with the latest Sevomod. Im wondering if there is going to be a warlord compatible version too, as I'm not playing Warlords yet until Sevomod is compatible....?(Bought the expansion but not installed it yet).
Cheers....
According to the tests I made, Gir's add-on doesn't work with the latest version of Sevomod. That's something I started to fix - but things are really busy at the office and I can't find any spare time (I'm even working on Saturdays and Sundays to stay afloat!)
So I'm afraid I can't give any release date for a "fixed" Gir+Sevomod version... Sorry!

Top Bottom