1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 01 - Chaos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, May 8, 2006.

1. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

And two dot map pictures ...

2. ruff_hi

Re the game situation ... we ran into a similar position here and had to take out an early opponent. There are some good suggestions on how to go about doing this (in particular the use of the whip). If we decide that Cathy has to go, we need to get down there fast and pillage that copper.

3. Munterpipe

Munterpipe Clums

Wohoo. I'm up! I'll get to it today or tomorrow. With Cathy being so close, and our UU being so good, I think taking her out could be a good idea.
    It will be nice to get some more land at our disposal. Hopefully, she will have some luxes down there. As of now, we only have the silver up in the cold north.

4. chriseay

chriseay The Master Trader

I agree whipping some crazy numbers of war chariots is the way to go. Let's max out thebes for food for the moment to make that whipping even more valuable. Memphis should also be a great whipping spot.

Hell no we won't go
    War with Cathy is big no no no! :mad:

:p ;)

5. HookEmHorns

HookEmHorns Chieftain

I agree that the citizens of both of our cities have been lazy and will need to be motivated with the lash. It's probably worthwhile taking the time to get granaries built if we're going to be whipping a lot. A few forest chops to get those granaries quicker will be useful. Barracks are also needed. Another worker would be nice since we also need to get those horses hooked up. Lots to do!!

Mutineer's technique in the thread Ruff attached to won't directly work for chariots since they cost less than 30 hammers. I recommend we research Iron Working.

6. chriseay

Ok boys, let's get this ship moving!
    (It is a battleship, right? :p )
    Chaos must ensue
    Cathy and her gosh darn Russians
    (Orange or Yellow is the question)
    It's time they get what's due

Ok, really, Munterpipe, Captain, Sir, Most exalted one, etc., I would like to assume a new role. This rhyming stuff is hard, and I don't think I'm very good at it...unless of course everyone is enjoying my mockery of the poetic.

On the other hand, the reason that I posted this message was to give everyone a heads up and a thumbs up - it looks like we're doing pretty well so far. The score graph, if I'm reading it right, has us around 3rd for the number of turns we've played. :goodjob:

7. ruff_hi

If I was the nasty character, I would say ...

"Counting scores so early
    Is really somewhat churly
    We have no reason to gloat today
    Smash the Russians is what I say"

BTW Chriseay - have you finished your Ruff03-CSG turn? Your post is the only one outstanding.

8. chriseay

My turn'll be posted when I get home from work today, probably around 4 pm EST.

9. Munterpipe

Munterpipe Clums

If you think it's better, Chris, you can do grumpy, and Hookie might take over the rhyming.

10. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

So I guess the plan is: Munterpipe's and maybe some of my turns-military buildup, and after that war. Or do we weant to expand more first? I favor expanding more.

11. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

Hey guys! I'm back from my extremely long, non-educational, fun school trip to Valley Fair.

If we go to war with Catherine we should chop another worker and a barracks, Whipping people is a good idea but it causes unhappiness and we dont have many awsome, totally rad resources to keep them happy.

Also we may only need to take the one city to the west because then we would have copper and axe would follow. On the other hand taking out Catherine and exploring her land is good to.

P.S. I like war:cool:

12. ruff_hi

I'm not feeling too comfortable with this game. We are in a position that is not that bad - we can get a real jump in size ... we have plenty of land on which to build a nice empire. War with Cathy in this game is just plain silly and exposes us to all sorts of problems - why would we bother with that? If you think a second, we should let her have her capital city and we will keep our capital city. We must research some religion and stop this talk of attack. Cathy is a nice civ to have close and soon she will likely trade us many happy resources for our cows and stuff. We should set up some barb fog busters to stop them on their pillage runs. Sure, it is nice to have copper but we might have iron locally - no reason to stop settling our lands and letting Cathy settle her lands. We have lots of time for building and we don't really need axes and stuff. I just hope that she doesn't think of attacking us.

13. chriseay

I think we should attack cyrus because if we don't he will build the spaceship in the next few turns. He just finished the colossus and researching steel, so modern armor will be the name of the game. On the dot map, I think that we need to build the city at light purple, but burnt orange is a definite no no. :p

Research should probably start with fiber optics, and after that optics and then animal husbandry. We should avoid bronzeworking at all costs, because it will preclude us from an iroworking philosophy slingshot.

I want us to research for Taoism first, because that will allow us to rule the world! I don't really want to be this grumpy and give you all orders like this all the time!

The blueness from ruffs post is brillant and right on the money, so we should probably follow his plan.

14. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

I definitely agree on the ironworking philosophy slingshot.

On the other hand, it might be better just to follow ruff hi's plan.

I'm not sure ifI completely agree with Chriseay

15. Munterpipe

Munterpipe Clums

Ok, I need to request a swap.
    Jeejep, go before me, and I'll pick up the fight with Catherine come the weekend.

Chriseay, (rhymer)
    HookEmHorns, (grumpy)
    I play 4 fun, (excaggerator)
    jeejeep, (noob) Up!
    Munterpipe, (general whipping boy) on deck
    ruff_hi, (artist)
    Strauss ( furiously in luuuv with everyone)

16. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Ummm...

Me too? I can't play until at least friday.:(

17. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

If you two can't go i'll play tomorrow

18. Munterpipe

Munterpipe Clums

Ok I play 4 fun, you go get it. sorry about the inconvenience

19. HookEmHorns

HookEmHorns Chieftain

There once was a sly Russian Queen
    who stole copper, oh she was mean!
    --But Hatty’s war chariots
    --Will use their long lariats
    To turn her into a has-been.

Chaos is doing quite well
    and Ruff_Hi is a real Civ IV swell.
    --Mysticism is next
    --And I know it’s complex
    But how will this help us excel?

Sadly, I must go away
    from Friday until Sunday.
    --I look forward to playing
    --and while gone will be praying
    but must skip or this game delay.

20. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

So team Chaos what is next for research.

I could finish the tech that Ruff left it on or i could research masonry for pyramids, fishing for fish or mysticism for religion.

What is the consensus?:cool: