1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 01 - Chaos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, May 8, 2006.

1. chriseay

chriseay The Master Trader

Bah! Darn rhyming Texans.....

Just making me grumpier.

And what's this about going away. You don't get to go away. We're all still here, so you have to stay too. It's the rules. :mad:

2. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I cannot remember what I started. Digging out the save I find that it is Mysticism (why did I do that? Religion for happy pills maybe). That seems like a good idea. The other options would be fishing (we need nets) or hunting and archer.

3. HookEmHorns

HookEmHorns Chieftain

The trees overhead
    Shade the trail we hike along
    Camping with my son

4. HookEmHorns

HookEmHorns Chieftain

Archers and axes are both worthwhile.
    The latter is usually the better style.
    OTOH, archer research costs half as much
    And will provide cover during our rush.

Mutineer pointed out that mined grass hills
    Are better than whipping the local shills.
    Much use will be found for another worker.
    He won't have the time to become a shirker.

5. ruff_hi

That is what I call 110 minutes well invested! :D

6. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

Here is my turn my fun, fantastic, entertaining m8s. I tried putting the pics up it didn't work. If you tell me how I'll put them up later.

2170 BC: Warrior done start 2nd worker

2020 BC: You have discovered Mysticism! Started on Fishing
    The borders of Memphis have expanded!:cool:

1990 BC: Huayna Capac adopts Slavery!:mad:

1930 BC: Catherine starts building mine on copper and a road to it

1900 start to loose money:cry:

1840 BC: You have discovered Fishing! Started meditation for oracle and religion, worker done in Thebes start 3rd worker but chop 1 forest to finish fast

1780 BC: copper mine done:eek:

1630 BC: Stonehenge has been built in a far away land! We now have horses

1600 BC: 3rd worker done start on barracks

1570 BC: (My last turn) Catherine asks open borders, she has writing, I don't accept because I don't her to explore my land.

I suggest don't attack anytime soon because she 2 archers coming to build a city or attack us.

I leave with meditation done in one turn and workers building pastures for whipping:cool:

I think cathy is surrounded by jungle judging by the terrain near St. P. also she had only 1 archer on def.:cool:

7. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

I'm confused. :confused: Is the whole report real?

8. Munterpipe

Munterpipe Clums

I you can go at it tomorrow, do so Jeejeep. Cathy will be surprised to see our swarm of strength 5 immune to first strike chariots. This is going nice.

9. ruff_hi

Yes - just downloaded the save and we have 4 warriors and 3 workers.

It is best if ... would you consider ... on the other hand ... we really need to attack Cathy in the next 20 turns. We need to build war chariots. Don't worry about finishing those barracks, get some offensive war chariots out and pillage that copper. The alternative is to give our cities to Cathy and her axes.

Finish pasturing the cows, flip over to chariots, work the hammer tiles (who cares about growth at the moment) and we should have at least 5 in 20 turns. Start researching for archer so we have good defensive units to support the chariots.

10. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

Yes jeejeep the report is real but i couldn't get the pictures on.

If you guys want pictures please tell me how to do it cause i did it wrong the first time.

For the attack, I suggest you chop till your hearts drop, since slavery is so very cruel and imhumane

11. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

My plan is basically to get a swarm of war chariots and attack ASAP. I am cancelling the barracks as by the time they are built Cathy will have axemen. I might even attack when we only have two or three war chariots to pillage the copper, and then wait for a bigger force to attack the cities.

12. HookEmHorns

HookEmHorns Chieftain

The time has come to smite her.
    She must not gain axes and spears.
    Noob chariots must deter
    And cause Cathy plenty of tears.

Whip and chop for more production.
    Our people must sacrifice.
    The focus is on destruction
    (but do not pillage our rice).

Wonders--we must not compete.
    The battle trumpets must blow!
    Set your path to St. Pete
    and Seth will his blessings bestow.

Note: Seth is the Egyptian god of chaos

13. ruff_hi

And the artist has visited the local Russians ...

14. Munterpipe

Munterpipe Clums

Both our artists are sure talented
    :goodjob:

15. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

InheritedT: Switch Barracks to War Chariots. Not enough time to build anything but military.

IT: Meditation-Hunting

1. Cathy moves two archers and a settler out of the fog. Here's a picture. :eek:

cathynewcity0000.JPG

2. zzz

3. Pillage road in neutral territory between Moscow and St. Petersburg. Should break copper connection.

4. zzz

5. Cathy founds Rostov. Here is a picture:

cathyrostov0000.JPG

IT: Thebes: WC-WC

6. Scout out Moscow. A picture:

moscow0000.JPG

IT: Hunting-Archery

7. Start the war. About to pillage Cathys copper. A photo:

cathwar0000.JPG

IT. WC-WC

8. The best part of this turnset. I find Cathys other source of copper. :mad:

9. Good thing i started, I see cathy already has an axeman.

10. Misclick and accidentaly slightly change the path of a war chariot.
    Use autosave to fix it.

I think I might have done a bad thing by already starting the war. Though there hasn't really been any action, I am not sure we were quite ready.

It would be a mistake if we did not start this war immediatly. Forces are ready, but a lot depends on the success of the southern warrior,who is ready to pillage the southern copper source. Russian defences don't seem to good but they have at least 2 more cities than us.

However, I think we need a bit more build-up and maybe the next player can achieve that. I don't really care about what we research and just chose archery because it was shortest.

I didn't use the whip (I am only a noble player and need to learn this.) However, I think it might be good because we have many high production tiles.

Can I have a new position? I can't really figure out how to report noobishly.

16. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

Good thing you started the war early

I noticed on the pics that all Catherine's cities are on hills. It might be a good idea just to take Rostov and St. P. and then make peace and use axeman and chariots

If we do decide to go after Moscow it would take a very, very, very, very, etc... long time.

17. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Read my report carefully and look at ruff's PM from last week. I don't want there to be any confusion. :mischief:

18. I play 4 fun

I play 4 fun Warlord

I completely forgot about that pm. I still stand by my suggestions though

19. ruff_hi

On the other hand, I must say that the write up was very interesting. I particularly liked the photo where we declared war. The pictures were good too.

I have studied up on the war chariots (WC) and the whip ... here is what I found. The whip of 1 population point yields 44 hammers. We can build 2 war chariots for 74 hammers (2 x 37). This means that we should whip before the current build hits 30 hammers (any excess hammers goes to the next build with a maximum of the build cost). If you whip when you already have 35 hammers invested, then the whip takes that to 34+44=78, plus the normal turn of production (say 6) gives you 84. 37 get spend building the WC, 37 go to the next unit (assuming WC) and 10 get wasted.

I think the building schedule should go like this (assuming 7 hammers of normal production) ...
    • turn 1 - put hammers into WC (7 hammers production giving 7 in total)
    • turn 2 - whip (7+44 giving 58 total)
    • turn 3 - finish WC, start another WC (21 hammers carried forward + 7 = 28)
    • turn 4 - hammers into WC (28+7=35)
    • turn 5 - finish WC, start another with 5 hammers carried forward

So, 5 rounds of normal production (35 hammers) plus 1 whip (44) gives us 79 hammers, enough for 2 WCs with 5 left over. It also leaves us 5 rounds to regrow the population point we whipped away. Do this for 10 rounds and we have 8 WCs (2 per 5 rounds from 2 cities).

Be careful that our horses don't get pillaged by a barbarian - use them to gain experience!

In the meantime - I suggest we road from our capital to St Pete - help get our forces there quicker.

20. ruff_hi

Here is the artistic picture for this round ... it must have been a dream when we found the second copper source ...