• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 09 - Murky Waters

Imo, the priorities are: uMu/Ulu/Morocco/(Hun)/Nongoma/Nodwengo. Other cities get 1 worker max.

Improve tiles for max growth in all cities. One city could become an offshore trade route city--probably Nongoma because it's hammer poor and needs lots of health bldgs. Nongoma could use four fp farms by border expansion, if possible. Atlantis can be the other offshore trade route city.

When a city can grow 1pop per turn, then build workshops.

Thanks for the advice. I'll assign one worker to all cities in Africa, and more to the priorities you've mentioned. I hope development can speed up when I start airlifting our mainland workforce.

Gnejs, when are you going to prepare your Grand Plan for building all the Space Parts in 1 turn so we can plan everything else? :)

Are you asking me about building spaceships? Have you lost it completely? In all my Civ playing I have probably built fewer than 10 of them, and only once in BTS... :lol:

But, since you asked,...

Cockpit - Fiber Optics
Life support - Ecology
Docking bay - Satellites
Stasis chamber - Genetics
2 Engines - Fusion
5 thrusters - Superconductors
5 casings - Composites

Since these techs are about 6-7000 beakers each I assume that we will at best be able to research one every second turn. We need two mega-production cities to finish the two engines asap after researching Fusion, but other that that, are we really production limited at all?

These two super-production cities plus, say, 4-5 more high production cities should be more than enough. All others should be able to focus on research.

Re: temples. They cost 53 hammers, a missionary costs 26 hammers. According to Erkon, we will complete our spaceship in about 33 turns. 33 turns * 2hpt = 66 hammers. Ok, this is comparing hammers vs. base hpt. So build them in our few spaceship production cities and skip them elsewhere.

Gnejs, I think <b>
you screwed your Altantis calculations all up​
</b>and you'll have to
do them again...or no vacation​
Know whatchya forgot? All the added trade route money for having an offshore city with pop28, pop27, pop26, pop25, in all our cities... :goodjob: I hope you enjoy calculating all that... :lol: and no estimations
Atlantis is too near to most of our cities to get full value of the population.

Skip the temples. They will hardly pay off by the time our spaceship is complete.

Each temple will pay back in 27 turns if production is static. However, any temple completed before factories will speed those factories, and afterwards, they will pay back in 14 turns.

Cities that produce space parts should have one, and +4 hammer temples in factory cities should also have one.

I think we should start building gold/beakers soon. Complete the labs and perhaps grocery/harbour and similar, but don't build stuff that takes more than 15 turns to pay back...

What is the health cap for our cities? We should make sure we don't end up running farms for too long.

What are the strategies for finishing engines in 1t?

1. chop + production
2. Is cash rush possible? If so, how much would it cost?
4. poprush?

Chop+Production. There is no rushing space parts.
But we don't need to finish the engines in 1t. We need to save enough techs for after Fusion that we can build the engines in our best two production cities, and then chop the last part in 1t (in babylon?)

Is there a relatively simple equation for this, so we can figure out which 2 cities would be best, it any, in the amount of time remaining?
Well, for standard size it is simple. Distance = pop for max gold.
No problem at all for the other continent. Just Atlantis is pretty near.

Okay, we can build engines in 2t in Babylon w/Palace and C1 with IW, but it takes precise planning. For example, Babylon works at pop12, maybe at lower pops. C1 needs a 100h overflow going in less any chops available and a quite full granary.

Australia's a possibility, but we really don't know what's there since we haven't scouted it since early on. Probalby infested with barb cities.

Ulundi has outrageous production and if we save the forests, it can easily produce an engine.
Let's not chop any more forests in Ulundi!

Okay, we can build engines in 2t in Babylon w/Palace and C1 with IW, but it takes precise planning. For example, Babylon works at pop12, maybe at lower pops. C1 needs a 100h overflow going in less any chops available and a quite full granary.

Australia's a possibility, but we really don't know what's there since we haven't scouted it since early on. Probalby infested with barb cities.

Ulundi has outrageous production and if we save the forests, it can easily produce an engine.
Let's not chop any more forests in Ulundi!

We need optimize so that the two engines complete the same turn as the life support (optimize engine completion, ecology research and life support production) assuming that we get genetics early. Otherwise we have to optimize it in the mix too.

The rest of the parts should be able to be done in time without to much effort, though of course good planning enables additional turns of research-build which can possibly shave a turn or two off the final date.

My last post for a few weeks unfortunately...

Good luck and hope next time I respond it will be to congratulate on a gold!

Ulundi is the best production city I can see. It should get IW, and I'll lumbermill the forests so that they can be chopped into an Engine.

C1 has a whole bunch of forests that can be chopped into it, so I would like to put the 2nd Engine there. I won't chop any more there; instead mills.

Babylon will chop SS Life Support.

Tech priorities: AL, then in some order, Industrialism-Radio-Genetics. Then Rocketry and space techs.
Industrialism gives an Industrial Park in Babylon, and reveals Aluminium.
We will need Radio to fix our happy cap once resources expire, and Cristo allows consecutive revolts.
Genetics helps the health cap.

We will need Radio to fix our happy cap once resources expire, and Cristo allows consecutive revolts.
Maybe we should let HC research electricity-radio. He could build the hit wonders to provide us the resources.

Is there any way we could get Joao to peacefully vassalize rather than capture his cities AND get him to Friendly? I'm thinking that we could maybe get some more techs if both HC and Joao research them for us.

EDIT: Or get him to vassalize after capturing minimal cities to allow him to still research fast enough to get Genetics for us in ~30t (= ~200bpt)?

Sure, we can let HC build the Hit Wonders. However, we need Radio ourselves to research Satellites, and our high population cities may need broadcast towers if we don't get Eiffel.
We can then set him on Mass Media if we want the UN for Single Currency.

Observations

1. We have 21 techs left to research. If this is our critical path, how can we minimize it?
2. We have 35t of GA in the bag. For 9t more, we'd need 5 different GPs.
3. We can do any or all of these techs after Fusion:
Satelites 6009b
Composites 7512b
Genetics 7011b
Ecology 5508b

So we can use the Fusion GE for:
a) a 5-GP GA,
b) the Internet to get Genetics (+Satelites?) for free from Joao and HC, :eek:
c) something else.​
4. We could also bee-line AL-Ecology for Recycling centers in our hammer cities. (= +8f, in essence)
5. We could chop cheaper, earlier space parts in captured cities, where possible. This turns worker-turns into research, by freeing our prod centers to build research instead. Australia, Stalin, and WK are all targets.
6. We could bulb a number of techs: Fiber Optics, Computers, Fission, Fusion, Electricity, if we have too many GSes.
7. ?

More analysis of Africa

Nongoma could have 2-3 workers till it's farmed.
uMu doesn't need any more farms, only workshops. 4 wkrs.
Ulu needs everything farmed (before lumbermills) except forest, and then pre-wkshped. 4 wkrs at least.
Along with Morocco, these are the African priorities. Then Nodwengo.

Well, we have to build it, but IP gives a free engineer, and some engineer slots

I don't think happiness is a serious problem for us. After 'obsoletion,' we still have 20:) with mkt, forge, theatre, and confuciansim. MR can get by with a temple and conf academy added. MW is okay. How many other cities will be at pop27? Then, eventually, we'll get some hits.

How about this:

City sizes
DurK - 16
SWC - 19
FP - 17
C1 - 20
FL - 19
KT - 20

No need to grow larger than that in these cities where we will build factories + cplant, since workshops generates as many beakers and scientists.

All in all, I think we need three major production cities. Two cities that build engines in three turns, and one city that build the life support.

Final tech order:
Composites
Computers
Fiber Optics
Fission
Fusion
Ecology

Top Bottom