SGOTM 11 Maintenance Thread

Well for a diplomatic victory condition I'd like exactly three thundra towns on a 5-tile-island, than I would not need any resources - one capital, one to build GLib to gift to a Modern Age rival and one with the UN prebuild ready for the next turn... :crazyeye:
(ouch, I just realized the palace does not need 1000 shields with just 2 towns :( -
could we get a SGL? :please: than it's just two towns on a 3-tile-island)

No Viking-Ai of course... :shifty:

Might be a quite boring game, however... :lol:

Which brings up a question.. would players want sgotm with heavilly modified rules, or want to stick with default game rules?

Well, it should still be turn-based - and some kind of warfare would be nice either. But the rest is subject to change imo :D

:hmm: Wait - I do not want to read a 34 page manual before starting the game :old: - maybe we limit the changed rules to 10? Ähm... 3? :blush:

Which brings up a question.. would players want sgotm with heavilly modified rules, or want to stick with default game rules?
I'm not sure that modding the rules is so much of a problem. I think the real issue is what we have to do to our games to make the mods happen. If it requires downloads and keeping different versions of the game on the HDD, then it could be a bit messy. But if the rule changes are done in the scenario folder and prevent the downloads, it would seem to be more manageable. :D

What did you have in mind? :mischief:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was hoping for 5 large continents with the AI on 4 of them and we get the fifth, all beyond sight of the others. Then no boats or planes. Each continent gets all the luxuries & resources and it's a race to either space or one of the culture wins. A builders game to follow the last one (a warrior game). Make the AI the SCI & REL types with the highest barbarian setting and replace the warrior/horsemen barbs with swords & knights or muskets / cavalry or something nastier (dinosaurs anyone?) to give the warmongers something to do.

For a modded game we could always use one creations (Rise and Rule) from the custom forum or one of the C3C scenarios.

I personally have gotten rather bored with the standard game. Modified rules could add some spice to liven it up.

I've posted the Sign Up Thread for SGOTM 12.

Roll up for a Deity romp as Theodora of the Byzantines

Top Bottom