SGOTM 11 Maintenance Thread

Are there spoiler threads in SGOTMs?

There are indeed. This one's been a tad slow, but maybe we're ready to open a mid-game spoiler. Let's go for gunpowder, all 13 rivals known or dead, and a full world map. I'll post the spoiler thread shortly.

AlanH said:
There are indeed. This one's been a tad slow, but maybe we're ready to open a mid-game spoiler. Let's go for gunpowder, all 13 rivals known or dead, and a full world map. I'll post the spoiler thread shortly.

How about "full coastal map"? With C3C map trading being late in the game, it isn't unusual to finish a military victory without full world map. Of course, that does raise issues about discussing resource placement...

Of course, that does raise issues about discussing resource placement...
Yup!

I've changed it to "full coastal map". Use your discretion about how much detail you discuss/display of hinterland terrain features you have discovered.

Taxpayer'sMoney said:
Are there spoiler threads in SGOTMs?
We of the idiots contingent like to keep our plans secret, which is partly why we VERY KNOWINGLY (nothing to do with a stupid ommission by yours truly) didn't submit a QSC save. There, you have it.

I have received this error trying to upload my save game to the SGOTM server:

Warning: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/gotmciv/public_html/utilities/php_utilities_1.php on line 19
Can't connect to ftp server

I've added the bold font to match the font in the message.

The time was 12:15 to 12:35 am local time (early morning, GMT -5), October 25.

EDIT:
I was able to upload shortly after 1 am local time.

Never mind!

In keeping with the "Spirit of This Game", I took an inordinate amout of time to play my last set.

...and... as many may gather by looking at Alan's way-cool-territory-chart-thingy (TM), I actually lost a little ground on that set.

@Opponents: Mark the moment, and enjoy. :p

scoutsout said:
In keeping with the "Spirit of This Game", I took an inordinate amout of time to play my last set.

...and... as many may gather by looking at Alan's way-cool-territory-chart-thingy (TM), I actually lost a little ground on that set.

@Opponents: Mark the moment, and enjoy. :p

Oh we do, we do. Every rise and dip in those graphs gets minutely analysed. In fact, using a complex formula which connects your territory graph, culture graph and QSC statistics, we Newbies can calculate exactly how many impi you currently have active! But I won't let on, becasue I don't want to spoiler the other teams :p

PaperBeetle said:
Oh we do, we do. Every rise and dip in those graphs gets minutely analysed. In fact, using a complex formula which connects your territory graph, culture graph and QSC statistics, we Newbies can calculate exactly how many impi you currently have active! But I won't let on, becasue I don't want to spoiler the other teams :p
You wouldn't spoil anything - we're currently extrapolating the meaning of life from those charts. So far we've got a very elusive fish in a paranormal act of hide and seek - which is probably the middle of the movie search. We're getting there!

scoutsout said:
Actually, your team is found guilty of that deed for the second time after your 50 AD save. As a team that usually makes rivals lose territory we know things like that can happen (to others). :hmm:
Really impressed however we would be if you also managed a drop in culture :eek: :D

Alan is stickying a thread regarding a new game that's starting up.
This game adds a whole different dimension to playing c3c and the last game was a ton of fun. Take a look.

Read here

I've posted a FInal Spoiler thread.

In view of your frenzy of inactivity trying to ensure that this game lasts even longer than the last SGOTM, I thought this might prompt some progress ;)

AlanH said:
In view of your frenzy of inactivity trying to ensure that this game lasts even longer than the last SGOTM, I thought this might prompt some progress ;)

Do not mess up "frenzy of inactivity" with "brooding over a tricky situation" :mischief:

Paul#42 said:
Do not mess up "frenzy of inactivity" with "brooding over a tricky situation" :mischief:
Yes, we are in a frenzy of inactivity. Not to be mistaken.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
Yes, we are in a frenzy of inactivity. Not to be mistaken.
Never questioned that. I just pointed out not to mess it up. :D

I would imagine that were closing in on the end of this SGOTM. Time to start recruiting for the next one.

Humph! Yawn ... Stretch ... Scratch ... Did someone wake me up? is it 2007 already?

[Checks the status lists, dusts off the database]

There are still some teams playing. I s'pose I *could* designate a deadline for completion or retirement? How about end of January, guys?

What say we target a new game to start 1st Feb?

Of course, that assumes I can wake Gyathaar up in time :mischief:

:eek:

In order to keep harmony in the home, why don't we start it after Valentine's Day? Nothing spoils a romantic evening more than discussing the ins and outs of city management during an unexpected surprise war started by an idiotic AI neighbor.

There are somethings in life even chocolate won't fix.

Humph! Yawn ... Stretch ... Scratch ... Did someone wake me up? is it 2007 already?
Must have been a wild New Year's Eve party, still groggy? :mischief:
:old: :spear: :newyear:
There are still some teams playing. I s'pose I *could* designate a deadline for completion or retirement? How about end of January, guys?

Sounds good. Just don't upset Gyathaar, we wouldn't want Deity, one tile island start with no resources, would we? :eek:

:xmascheers:

Top Bottom