SGOTM 12 Maintenance Thread

So, any guesses on when signups for SGOTM 13 will open?

Any guesses as to when the last SGOTM 12 team will finish :)

Seriously, I have a non-trivial Civ4 SGOTM to get under way first.

How about we rename this SGOTY?

This one started in February and likely won't close until at least September or October. So the next one probably won't start until 2008. If we're going to have such a long game, why not use a large (or huge map)?

From the team that's causing the delay, my apologies. We're currently down to 1 player and have been less than three for quite sometime. I plan to finish this by early next week. It's sad knowing that we're not even in the running and must finish it anyway. :(

It's sad knowing that we're not even in the running and must finish it anyway.
Retirement *is* an option :p

While Gyathaar is away from his life support systems computers we're not going to create a new game, anyway. When we do start a new on, I think I'll define a finish date up front - p'raps five months-ish, depending on the map? Then for teams who can't maintain a turn rate that looks reasonable, we'll maybe have to ask them to retire gracefully rather than delay the results for the rest of the teams.

If we're going to have such a long game, why not use a large (or huge map)?
Can teams really sustain interest for that long?

Retirement *is* an option :p
Never! (Oh by the way, we finished on Sunday. :p )

While Gyathaar is away from his life support systems computers we're not going to create a new game, anyway. When we do start a new on, I think I'll define a finish date up front - p'raps five months-ish, depending on the map? Then for teams who can't maintain a turn rate that looks reasonable, we'll maybe have to ask them to retire gracefully rather than delay the results for the rest of the teams.
I think that's a good idea. In addition, we've played some longer tech games lately. Maybe we should have a quick conquest thrown in.

Can teams really sustain interest for that long?
I doubt it. When games are so long that you can't remember what you did in the beginning, I think it's goes against the SG format.

Top Bottom