SGOTM 12 Maintenance Thread

No. Unit teleportation by city gifting was discussed and outlawed in a previous SGOTM. You must remove your troops from the city before gifting it.

I still bear the scars, as I wanted to draft a rule that would allow a "Dunkirk evacuation" option, but not an exploitative wholesale army transfer between continents. But the consensus at the time was for a blanket ban.

[PS] The original SGOTM discussion of teleporting through city gifting was in SGOTM 8 - the Hydrophobic one.

The relevant post is here

@ Alan:
Another ticket in the Suggestions Box... on the SGOTM results & progress page, the List of Saves option gives only the same information as the score graph (apart from also linking to the saves in question of course). Perhaps it would be more interesting to display the date of upload (or just the save's time stamp if that is easier) of each save, rather than its base score?

You can't scale accurate score numbers from the graphs, so I've left the scores in place to avoid confusion, and added tool tips with upload dates. How's that?

Just curious, has it been decided when the spoiler thread(s) come out and what the posting guidelines will be?

While I'm here, I liked the upload dates tooltips improvement :)

has it been decided when the spoiler thread(s) come out

Maybe the question should be if? In the two spoilers for SGOTM 11 we had precisely one post.

I've opened the first spoiler for this game. The conditions to read or post are all rivals known or dead, plus knowledge of gunpowder.

You can't scale accurate score numbers from the graphs, so I've left the scores in place to avoid confusion, and added tool tips with upload dates. How's that?

Oooh, yummy. Team Regular is pacing itself very carefully, making sure not to play faster than the Smurkz or Spooks. We've gotta keep you guys looking over your shoulders see? ;)

The Zoo animals are playing at horserace speed because our trainer doesn't let his whip cool down, hope you guys get to the spoiler before we end our game ;)

As you can see, team spooks is leading in post count. We are having a great time discussing civ there. It's kinda like a party with lots of beer, whiskey and illegal substances imported from holland. Game progress may be slightly slow, but we don't need to look over our shoulders or look ahead. We are confident to leave you all in the dust anyway.:crazyeye:

Everyone's hit 1000BC now - when are we going to see the QSC results appear?

When I get the requisite round tuit :p

[EDIT] Found it. QSC stats are now available

Thanks Alan. Good to see Team Regular at the top of the table, but there look like a couple of glitches... I can't believe that no team has any gold in the treasury, and did everybody really build that many temples?! :confused:

Hmm. I've found the gold, but the temple counts are still under investigation. They are incorrect, as you suspected.

Well I have a theory, although it would imply that the QSC results have been slightly out all these years and no one has noticed! :D
I think we are looking at all the buildings which were built in all the towns that the player (or team) owns. Including those built by their original AI owners, many of which buildings get destroyed when we capture the towns.

That's correct, as far as I can tell. I had to defer fixing it in order to prepare the family's Sunday roast. The good news is there are seldom very many captures this early in most games, so very few QSCs will have been affected by it in the past. The other good news is that, having found it now, even fewer will be affected in the future.

I have modified the file parser to ignore buildings that cannot be used by the current owner, and re-run the QSC data for this game. Please let me know if you spot any other discrepencies.

Unless anyone feels very strongly about it, I don't propose to revisit the QSCs for old SGOTMs or C/GOTMs, but building lists for future QSCs should be more accurate.

Is it ok, if we attach files to our thread or shall we wait with playing further until the server is back up?

The server is back up now, so please continue with business as usual.

I'm updating my backups now.

Top Bottom