SGOTM 12 - Rules Discussion Thread

I got a request for Erkon:
once the game will be posted, can you please post the first rows of the WB save, so it will be easier to setup the test game? At least the ones we can know in game. This will save me and the other WBuilders a lot of work.

Thanks in advance!

"The AI capitals are pre-settled. All biological units have died from exposure to radiation, except your settler."

"All" in this context means world wide, so the AI will not start with any workers. As stated earlier, "biological" in this context means any unit that breathe and eat. A scout is a biological unit, a work boat is not for example. I hope this definition suffice.
I had not realized before that workboats, catapults, artillery, etc. are self-animated and self-directed, independent of human control ... :mischief:

(And I thought these things required a CREW ... silly me) ;)

dV

I got a request for Erkon:
once the game will be posted, can you please post the first rows of the WB save, so it will be easier to setup the test game? At least the ones we can know in game. This will save me and the other WBuilders a lot of work.

Thanks in advance!

Sure, what kind of info are you looking for? How many are "first rows"?
Keep in mind that not all info from a game is stored in the WB files, so if you edit the WB save and restart the scenario, then you loose certain settings. This means that all info is not available in a WB save.

I had not realized before that workboats, catapults, artillery, etc. are self-animated and self-directed, independent of human control ... :mischief:

(And I thought these things required a CREW ... silly me) ;)

dV

That settles it! To all Xteam members - you have to set all non-biological units to auto-explore, and never interfere with their actions! This directive can only be revoked if you come up with a better phrase for those units that don't look like a human or animal.... Further complaints against yours truly's limitation in the English language will result in a cursed save. You have been warned... grumble grumble

That settles it! To all Xteam members - you have to set all non-biological units to auto-explore, and never interfere with their actions! This directive can only be revoked if you come up with a better phrase for those units that don't look like a human or animal.... Further complaints against yours truly's limitation in the English language will result in a cursed save. You have been warned... grumble grumble
Looks like we bought ourselves some problems with this GK lot! :eek:

Going to be an interesting game. :D

btw, I heard that cursed saves often play better...
:mischief:

Sure, what kind of info are you looking for? How many are "first rows"?
Keep in mind that not all info from a game is stored in the WB files, so if you edit the WB save and restart the scenario, then you loose certain settings. This means that all info is not available in a WB save.
IIRC a Wb save has (in order):
a) Game definitions - to verify the settings, unless there's something classified
b) Team definitions - it should be the part i'm looking for. If there's something classified (like techs) just the part of contact/war status. In other words, you can delete the classified rows, then i will do my best in copy/paste. Can i suggest to my competitors use Edit Pad Lite? it's free and it's far better than Notepad.
c) Player definitions - not needed
d) Map definitions - not needed (well badly, but it's classified ;))

Thanks again
Try to not curse the .txt

In the spirit of giving XTeam a fighting chance, :p I'll supply an alternate definition for them:
Civ radiation doesn't behave like normal radiation. You absorb it through the feet. Units which have feet (human or animal) touching the ground, absorbed the radiation, and died as a result. Anything else is fair game.

giant death robots have feet.

Then I guess we can guarantee that the enemies don't have any Giant Death Robots. :p

Infantry have feet but they wear boots, so their feet don't touch the ground. Did they still absorb the radiation and die?

IIRC a Wb save has (in order):
a) Game definitions - to verify the settings, unless there's something classified
b) Team definitions - it should be the part i'm looking for. If there's something classified (like techs) just the part of contact/war status. In other words, you can delete the classified rows, then i will do my best in copy/paste. Can i suggest to my competitors use Edit Pad Lite? it's free and it's far better than Notepad.

I use xemacs, since I'm an engineer :cool:

Requested info:

Spoiler :

[pre]
Era=ERA_ANCIENT
Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_FLIPPING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_GOODY_HUTS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_EVENTS
Option=GAMEOPTION_RISING_SEAS
Victory=VICTORY_SPACE_RACE

BeginTeam
TeamID=0
Tech=TECH_ECOLOGY
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
Tech=TECH_MINING
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=1
ContactWithTeam=2
ContactWithTeam=3
ContactWithTeam=4
ContactWithTeam=5
ContactWithTeam=6
AtWar=1
AtWar=2
AtWar=3
AtWar=4
AtWar=5
AtWar=6
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=1
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=1
AtWar=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=2
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=2
AtWar=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=3
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=3
AtWar=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=4
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=4
AtWar=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=5
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=5
AtWar=0
EndTeam
BeginTeam
TeamID=6
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=6
AtWar=0
EndTeam
[/pre]

For those of you who are not familiar with WB: You (or actually I :lol:) have declared war on each of them, they are not in contact with each others, and most important: *censor censor censor*. There may be things missing, but you know the drill about trusting the evil map maker, right? :groucho:

Great, thank you!

You see, Blubmuz, if you ask in a roundabout way, it's garbage in, garbage out. Now, how about telling Erkon what it is you can't get right, namely, *censor censor censor*, and see what you get... ;)

First, to get the directive revoked, how about "mechanical units"?

That being done, the issue was never about use of English language, as "non-biological units" is a reasonable term as well. My point was that with humans gone, the machines are pretty useless too, unless we are talking about drones. A chariot is not going anywhere without horse and rider, nor is a catapult (no engine or motor, who moves it?)

I suppose some leftover machine can be used, once new people appear, provided they have the understanding to operate it, the capacity to power it, and have adequately decontaminated it ... ;)

dV

Erkon - I notice something in my recent test that I'm curious about. My test save included code you just provided.

I was able to make peace with a certain AI at some point. After the peace, I now had a -3 demerit with that AI for "you declared war on us". Is this the state of the scenario at the start that we have previously declared war on all the other civs?

I am a total WB file noob, but I found it rather amusing that apparently each team has to be defined as being in contact with itself. :lol: What would happen if this was not done?

Thanks for the info -- test games are very important.

I am a total WB file noob, but I found it rather amusing that apparently each team has to be defined as being in contact with itself. :lol: What would happen if this was not done?

Thanks for the info -- test games are very important.
I think the saved game will crash on loading. Or it adjust the mistake. It's obvious for a human, not for a program. Remember? everything is still driven by 0-1

Top Bottom