SGOTM 13 - Maintenance Thread

In case you haven't seen my forum announcement, the GOTM Server is down.

Please exchange files via your team thread until the server is restored, then upload them later.

The link to the med mod graphics in the first post of this thread (and our team thread) doesn't seem to be working? I get the message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /games/saves/SGOTM-C3C.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there anywhere else to get the zip from? It doesn't seem to be in the Downloads Database.

Sorry! You should be able to get to it now.

Are you having to re-install?

IMPORTANT All Teams Please Note:

There appears to be a bug in the SGOTM scenario that prevents workers from being able to clear wetlands. I need to edit all the team files to fix it.

Each team will need to stop playing for a short period. When you are sure that your team has paused, and the latest save is on the server, please PM me. I shall then edit your latest save and PM you - target within 24 hours - to let you know when you can download the fixed save and continue.

Please accept my apologies for this.

[PS] Maybe I should point out that a big map such as this is very likely to have some marshes, even if you can't see any wetlands on the map currently. So the sooner you get my worker fix in place, the sooner the AI will be able to start on clearing currently invisible marshes. Of course, it's for you to decide whether this would be a good or bad thing :p.

Sorry! You should be able to get to it now.

Are you having to re-install?

Not yet, although my PC has been very sick for a long time now. This one is for Taxpayer'sMoney - I promised to help him get reinstalled in return for he submits a GOTM. :D

I've started the Ottomans game. I haven't quit yet... Let's hope I get to the end whether that be humiliating defeat or embarrassing mediocrity.

In response to some queries, I have made the following rulings:

1. Running a GPT deal when you have no spare GPT or gold to pay for it, and no improvements to lose or unit costs to be cut is simply an extreme version of the Deficit Spending exploit, and is banned.

2. Deliberate action to break an existing trade route to cause the cancellation of a GPT deal without loss of reputation to the player, is banned as an unbalancing exploit.

to break an existing trade route to cause the cancellation of a GPT deal without loss of reputation to the player,
How it may happen? is it some bug? Or Allans typo?

If you don't know how to do it then you will not have a problem. If you do know how to do it then you must not use it.

There's only one 'L' in 'Alan' :p

Not directly affecting the game, but....

on the Progress and Results page, this is showing near the top of the page:
Code:
var tables = new Array (); tables[0] = new Array (); tables[1] = new Array (); tables[2] = new Array (); tables[3] = new Array (); tables[0][tables[0].length] = "Ivan"; tables[0][tables[0].length] = "klarius"; tables[0][tables[0].length] = "Smurkz"; tables[0][tables[0].length] = "Spooks"; tables[0][tables[0].length] = "tao"; tables[0][tables[0].length] = "Veteran"; // Javascript functions to set and clear checkboxes function set_checkbox (name, state) { var box = document.getElementById (name); box.checked = state; } function set_all (table, state) { // set all Include checkboxes to state for a set of teams var i; for (i=0; i < table.length; i++) set_checkbox (table[i], state); } function toggle_all (table) { var box; var name = "all_"+table; box = document.getElementById (name); state = box.checked; set_all (tables[table], state); } function modify_action () { document.main_form.action="sgotm_submission_list.php#format"; }
And the label says "Submission" not Progess.

Strange.

Have you got Javascript switched off in your browser?

I have Javascript enabled and I see this too (since some time now). I've looked at the code and it is likely an error in the php script. Anyway, just before the included bit of Javascript there is an Html div element that is not closed (line 729), this is likely the cause of the problem.

Eidt: just saved the HTML output and added a closing ">" to the div tag, the problem goes away then.

Thanks.

Is that fixed now? It didn't show up in my browsers, though there are a number of other errors flagged that I do need to investigate!

For information, please can you tell me which browser was displaying the script? I'll try to include it in my test set in future.

I thought I had already posted this question, but couldn't find it or an answer. What is the projected deadline for finishing this game?

I think you posted it in the Civ4 Warlords SGOTM 6 thread?

This game looks like it will run and run. If any teams can project their finish dates, maybe they can PM me so that I can set a realistic target.

SGOTM 13 - Tokugawa Meets the World ... eventually ... and then leaves!

(..)

Rik Meleet has prepared a Huge map with 29 rivals, at Demigod level. You play as Japan, you start on a small island, and the only way anyone can win - before 2050 - is to build a spaceship. Thanks, Rik, and best wishes to both of you in your future as a married couple.
(..)
I had completely forgotten about that map and recognised parts of the map when browsing this forum - I was a bit surprised. Luckily I hadn't forgotten about my wedding on Dec 7th. :lol:

Good luck everyone. :goodjob:

Top Bottom