SGOTM 13 - Spooks

Then I might try to add a couple of turns before...

Sorry, did not find spare time and motivation... :mischief:

When is a good time for us to get together and have one person play? I need a guide for this as I dont feel comfortable with the current state of affairs. But if I can get the little one to cooperate then I can play.

I could be stand-by in 4 hours for a period of another 4 hours. :hmm:

I'll check in here then.

edit: I'm here.

My civ computer bit the bullet this morning ( gives a message userinit.exe Application error), so I cant access the game and give my thoughts :sad:

ouch. :pat:

What we should do now:
Keep our armies in the big cities and just pick off any Cartaghe cav or knight that passes by. :sniper:

Check for peace with Cartaghe any turn and make peace at almost any price. I'd even offer a town for that.

DO NOT attack them on their soilm or India will join them and we can concentrate on our home islands again... :nono:

Nect turn G&R Spain and take back those two flipped towns. Do not G&R that new founded town S of Nagoya(?). It has no culture yet.

After Retaking, start slaves in any town with more than one citizen and do not let it grow. Maybe Pikes, MDI or harbors in the others. :hmm:
I think G&R time is over, right? :hmm:

Paul you are up. I dont want to make any mistakes while at such a critical juncture. It would be nice to finish but with such a long game and problems with playing time, I would be surprised if any teams finish.

Well Klarius has finished.

But all others seem to have their troubles...

I'll try to provide a session tonight... :rolleyes:

turn 3 (205) 900 AD
gift New York and Boston to Aztecs because we won't be able to hold it. We'll concentrate on holding our capital and maybe Philadelphia.

IBT
Lose some slaves :gripe:
India and Korea, Spain and Ottomans sign trade embargo against us.

turn 4 (206) 910 AD
G&R with Spain. Take back New Nagoya without losses - but also without MGL :(

IBT
Carthaginians kill pike in Philadelphia, a 3/13-army is left... :shifty:

turn 5 (207) 920 AD
Take back Tokyo. Again without losses :smug:
Gift Philadelphia to Aztecs. Now we concentrate on holding Chicago till we get peace...

IBT
Celts and Spain, Incas and Ottomans embargo us.
Three knights and a cav approach Chicago but don't attack.

turn 6 (208) 930 AD
Kill two knights and the cav, the other knight retreats.

IBT
Russia and Maya, Mongols and Ottomans embargo us.

turn 7 (209) 940 AD

Not too much left for now... :rolleyes:

The navy west of us had the chance to land before - they are certainly empty or have a different destination.
here's the save

A galley of ours was sunk straight north of Chicago. If we hit the american galley next to Chicago, we should be able to get our loaded galley straight to Chicago. There's no sense in staying on sea. Too many hostile ships out there!

Good job - I think this is the only way forward
Everything in Chicago, blockade the islands, pepper incoming hostiles and hope the armies hold till we get peace opportunity.
If survive till peace we can then expand by taking down small fry Aztecs and Americans

Exactly. We should not let any of our units stand exposed outside of Chicago. And at least one army in there must be healthy. I know it's tough to leave a redlined cav or archer alive just outside our town... :mad:
Let's hope we don't get pounded by a bunch of cavs at once. :scared:

I wonder if we should even make peace with America for a tech because this state might take a long, long time... :mischief:

KC, do you feel comfortable to go on?

Sure.
Enjoy the game... ;)

I wonder when Marines and tanks will show up... :rolleyes:
We need a world map to find The Great Library Elevator... :hmm:

KC? :dubious:

Which weekend did you mean? :rolleyes:

:p

Hi I'm still here :wavey:, but my civ puter is kaput :badcomp: (couldnt finish COTM which I had been enjoying [pissed]).

I have an old computer I can run civ on but it wont run CA2 at same time.

Am looking at purchasing a new one ...:drool:

Hmm, is this dead??

Well I didnt buy a new computer, but got my son to put a new hard drive in the stuffed one. He returned it today :woohoo:
- will install C3C and hopefully play a few turns tomorrow.

kind-of dead... :rolleyes:

I guess we are in a bad position. I played a couple of turns and got us to gunpowder by making peace with America. I wanted to go on for some more turns but did not find time yet...:cry:

I'll play some more tomorrow or at least submit my save so you can go on...

But tonight Cotm 49 gets the priority... :mischief:
And maybe the exciting MTDG also comes to me before tomorrow...

Wow, for a "kinda dead" that sure was a fast reply

I'll await your save upload - I hadnt realised you had played further

I subscribed to this thread so I get a notice of every new post here to my mailbox at work ;)

I had not announced here that I played on but I thought I was save because both of you were inactive lately. If you are able to play on during the next 36 hours I'd upload it today, otherwise I'd try to play another couple of turns tomorrow evening.

Top Bottom