SGOTM 14 Maintenance Thread

That's it, make fun of the computer-ly inept, why don't you ...

;)

Now I'm a bit worried: I assume, if there are other units, whose English name of the art-folder I have guessed incorrectly, the game will probably crash in mid-game, when the first unit of that type is built! Is there a general solution to this problem? I would think that others (Paul#42, klarius, Più Freddo, socralynnek) will have the same issue?! Or do all of you own an English edition of C3C?

Best Regards, Lanzelot

lurker's comment:
There is a tool in the utility program library that I used and it pretty much solved this issue. The thing is it does not only happen with units but with all sorts of other animations ...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73272

The added file is fully compatible with SGOTM and german version, without copying an files in your installation. See spoiler for infos (in german) how to adjust for any other custom made scenarios.

Spoiler :
Im Szenarion ist irgendwo eine Datei Text/PediaIcons.txt, welche besagt, welchen Namen welches Spielelement hat, und danach sucht er dann die Ordner im Filesystem für die Icons.

Ein Szenario besteht im allgemeinen aus den Standardelementen und noch hinzugefügten. Wenn man also die Datei im Szenario mit der im Standard Conquest Folder vergleich, sollte es zwei Aretn von Unterschieden geben.

Neue Zeilen - Diese Zeilen müssen sowie im Szenario bleiben.
Existierende Zeilen mit gleichem Inhalt aber übersetzten Bezeichnungen (Settler - Siedler). Diese sollten unbedingt so lauten wie es Conquest vorgibt.

Wenn man das anpasst, hat es bei mir immer einwandfrei funktioniert.

AUßerdem empfehle ich noch zum ausprobieren einen Spielstand mit Panzern zu nehmen, da ich hier in einigen meiner Installationen einen Bug hatte. Ist aber bei den letzten beiden Versuchen nicht mehr aufgetreten. Als Testsave nehme ich daher jetzt immer den Abschlusspielstand vn Team Regular in SGOTM12. Viele Einheiten, Mediterrane Ressourcen und Panzer.

Ich hoffe das hat geholfen,

Attachments

• SGOTM_Deutsch.zip
    186.1 KB · Views: 254
team Elite: please remember to submit the QSC-save after your very next turn!! :old:

If you already played it, maybe you just replay that single turn as good as possible so we can compare?

That's the plan; it just hasn't happened yet, but should tonight.

We did not discuss but at SGTOM 7 we introdused the rule that "Teleportation troops back to Capital via City gift" is forbiden. Is this rule applicable to this game also?

I have uploaded the QSC statistics for the team saves at 1000 BC.

Thanks for the reminder, Paul#42 :)

We did not discuss but at SGTOM 7 we introdused the rule that "Teleportation troops back to Capital via City gift" is forbiden. Is this rule applicable to this game also?

Generally, an exploit that's been banned in one SGOTM is forbidden in subsequent ones too.

I'll alert Renata, as your game manager, to the question. However, NP is correct.

What gets banned, stays banned, yeppers.

Is there a thread with the entire ruleset?..

You are joking, of course?

Sorry, I was being unduly flippant!

Since so few people come fresh to Civ3, there has been very little incentive to add specific new exploits to the list of prohibited ploys. There *is* actually a list of banned exploits for GOTMs here. However, it has not been updated for a long while, and, while this particular one was discussed a while back with respect to SGOTMs, it has not been added to it.

Renata,
our team is currently wondering, how useful it would be to get the GLH. How exactly does it work with differential naval movement?

For example: a galley has a "normal" movement of 3 and a "differential" movement of 2*3+1 = 7. With the GLH would this go to 7+1 = 8 or to 2*(3+1)+1 = 9? :confused:

Lanzelot

Under differential naval movement a Galley has 6 movement points, or 7 if you are seafaring. Civ3 doesn't know that 6 was derived by doubling 3. The Lighthouse adds one movement point, making 7, or 8 for seafarers. The movement costs remain the same.

Any ship's cost of movement is 1 into an ocean tile, 2 into a sea tile and 3 into a coast tile. As long as it has at least one movement point left it can move into another tile.

You always beat me to these things. :p

Top Bottom