SGOTM 16 - Misfit Gypsy Nuts

May want to mention it in the Pre-Game discussion thread too.

Sun Tzu Wu

Of course! New players always welcome!

Note: I've said so in the sign up thread too.

I have finally had some time to do some side by side reading of the Plastic Ducks thread compared to our thread. There are some things we did at the beginning of the game that were very good, and there were definitely some failings that snowballed on us a bit later on. IMO, the biggest thing we erred on was not planning for our economy after the Oracle. PD was putting down cottages early and committed to the GLH to support their REX. The took Monarchy from Oracle so they could adopt HR early to support growth. They didn't need Mids at that point because they were fully committed to HR, cottage economy and coastal city growth. This allowed faster expanding past T100.

We were faster expanding, but it cost us research rate and infrastructure.

Their level of detail and testing is almost OCD, they are very precise in their actions!

SGOTM 17 - The Quartermaster's Challenge

Please sign up in this thread by February 15 at the latest.
With signups closing on the 15th I would expect the team threads will open very shortly.
I'd like to ask you all to hold off posting too much in the thread until I've managed to reserve a few posts as team captain.

I'd like to reserve these posts to keep some relevant game info in a handy location, eg, Traits of AI that we meet, links to turnsets played, etc.

We are both a bit short on active players. Not sure how AlanH best wants the teams to work. Not sure how and if splitting PR up might work? We have mostly new players now. Just gauging opinion at this point. 14 would be too many.

I will see what our team thinks.

I have finally had some time to do some side by side reading of the Plastic Ducks thread compared to our thread. There are some things we did at the beginning of the game that were very good, and there were definitely some failings that snowballed on us a bit later on. IMO, the biggest thing we erred on was not planning for our economy after the Oracle. PD was putting down cottages early and committed to the GLH to support their REX. The took Monarchy from Oracle so they could adopt HR early to support growth. They didn't need Mids at that point because they were fully committed to HR, cottage economy and coastal city growth. This allowed faster expanding past T100.

We were faster expanding, but it cost us research rate and infrastructure.

Their level of detail and testing is almost OCD, they are very precise in their actions!

Just got back from a few days away to celebrate my ahemm birthday. Certainly if you have time its good to read up on the top teams reports. Especially openings etc. We knew the economy and happies would be a problem which is what slowed us down from the late BCs to the early ADs.

Bit different this game with the sole aim to kill as quickly as possible.. :)

Top Bottom