• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 19 - The Shawshank Redemption

Lali could build culture with the hammers going into our knight build, then ferment the wines. Whole lot cheaper than the whales...

I counted 370 unowned tiles. That means the clocking is ticking to spawn a 4th barb city, now that we've captured HQ. 8% chance per turn, somewhere, most likely near resources 8 or more tiles from the nearest city.

Drafting

Samsun? I think so. I also think we'd be better of growing this city (to draft again) than trying to get a cat out of it.

Yeha? Finally size 6. plenty of happy. very near the action.
In fact, don't miss that Murcia's LB came out to play.
Seems ideal if we can raze Murcia right after coal is revealed T147 for the gold.

Given that goal...
Maybe draft Addis? or Aksum.

Drafting

Samsun? I think so. I also think we'd be better of growing this city (to draft again) than trying to get a cat out of it.

Yeha? Finally size 6. plenty of happy. very near the action.
In fact, don't miss that Murcia's LB came out to play.
Seems ideal if we can raze Murcia right after coal is revealed T147 for the gold.

Given that goal...
Maybe draft Addis? or Aksum.
If we quickly added a fort at Gaul-3N, our galley could speed up Aksum/Addis units by 4 tiles.

Samsung can grow to pop7 in 7 turns and build the cat in 6t, both prepped for Alexander the Grate.

KK has a workboat afloat at Madrid-3E1N, the demise of which we might witness.

We watch Asoka's units, then KK's workboat, then HC, ALex, and finally barbs and if the wb disappears during the barbs turn without any visible reason, we know what we know. Same with the fishing nets (I guess -- is that something one sees?)

WT, please remind me why we don't mind ALex capturing Bursa next turn and leaving his entire SoD there.

I haven't put much thought into that stack (other than the fact that I'm convinced it is not interested in Asoka).

Seems like we'd want to catch it somewhere on flat land. Inside a city is probably a good thing, since so many of our units have CR promos.

Even if he captures Bursa, he won't leave his stack there. It should head somewhere where we can trap it.

We probably should not put more than 6 culture into Bursa, so gift it this turn or next. Great observation about the Santiago raze.

Turnset Report T143-T145
Constantinople goes down without any losses.

Cordoba could go down this turn, but I don't see why. Just wait for 2 more rifles next turn. Those guys don't have anything else to do anyway.

Valencia can go down next turn too.

Steam in 2 turns (T147) pretty easily.

It's time to DoW HC, so I stopped.
We have city gifting to think about. CF with Asoka (after we bribe HC into war). And we should be able to afford some pre-builds.

I worked citizen(s) in FW to get the WB sooner and fort will be complete the same time for whale.
Plenty of workers to finish the other forts.

Ankara's boat can sail next turn with 2 workers to Madrid's island (don't drop any off at Murcia yet.) Fort completes and Gaul's borders expand on time.
Are we keeping all these cities? Any one of them could have coal within grasp. Furthermore, not keeping them opens up a bigger barbCitySpawn can of worms. If they don't have coal, we gift them to Asoka beforethey comeout of revolt and waste them on T(Gameover)+1.

What exactly do we covet in Konya? A.k.a., any reason we can't gift HC:
1. Santiago
2. Konya
3. Bursa

then re-capture Konya immediately, losing 1pop?

Konya is going to give us 3 Rifles close to the action post-T150.
(workers should plan to swarm Konya and give it a couple farms next turn)

Your suggestion would mean we get maybe one very late.

If we quickly added a fort at Gaul-3N, our galley could speed up Aksum/Addis units by 4 tiles.

Samsung can grow to pop7 in 7 turns and build the cat in 6t, both prepped for Alexander the Grate.

We don't need that fort and we can still do the exact same 4 tile speedup.
They can board Gaul-4N

I think we draft it tho. Probably means draft again in only 6 turns.

Are we keeping all these cities? Any one of them could have coal within grasp. Furthermore, not keeping them opens up a bigger barbCitySpawn can of worms. If they don't have coal, we gift them to Asoka beforethey comeout of revolt and waste them on T(Gameover)+1.

correct.

We don't need that fort and we can still do the exact same 4 tile speedup.
They can board Gaul-4N
Only if there's no barb sub. The workers are there anyway. YOu ready to risk the galley?

Speaking of which, we could pop Addis' borders in 3-5 turns and build safe-ports all the way to the Murcia island.

I think we draft it tho. Probably means draft again in only 6 turns.
I get it. ;)

Speaking of Santiago, we could test if it's possible to raze any of Madrid, Seville, et cetera, after gifting to Asoka and re-capturing, if KK is still alive.

Are we planning to draft any of KK's cities?

Top Bottom