• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 19 - The Shawshank Redemption

I'm disappointed that SHeep2N isn't building explorers. Antarctica is where we need them most and they don't travel in a single turn. Spicey Deer too.

Barb City spawning can domino if we're really unlucky, prolonging the game indefinitely.

All great observations, LC.

I'm concerned that Dhoom hasn't shown up yet. I've been trying not to steal his thunder, but maybe we should plan the current turn, so we don't burn a couple hours just getting ready to play. Anyone care to take a shot at the todo list?

All great observations, LC.

I'm concerned that Dhoom hasn't shown up yet. I've been trying not to steal his thunder, but maybe we should plan the current turn, so we don't burn a couple hours just getting ready to play. Anyone care to take a shot at the todo list?
You just got my thunder. I'm headed to bed and tomorrow headed out of town till Thursday.

Sorry 'bout that. :)

I thought Dhoom said that he's planning to play tonight. I do agree that most likely he'll get caught up tonight and try to play tomorrow (24 hours from now?). I suggest that if Dhoom doesn't play tonight that ZPV takes us to Steam Power tomorrow night his time (i.e. tomorrow AM in the US) since he already volunteered to do so.

Yeah, let's let ZPV play it tomorrow. Real life smashed me hard today and I'm only just getting caught up now. I'm still concerned that if I were to play too far forward, I might mess up the overflow build items needed... so, I'd minimally want to hear ZPV's feedback on that point, but it's probably even better if he just plays it himself if he already has a good idea as to what is needed.

Speaking of Santiago, we could test if it's possible to raze any of Madrid, Seville, et cetera, after gifting to Asoka and re-capturing, if KK is still alive.
I already tested multiple AIs having Culture in a City and their total value is compared against our value.

So, for example, one testing result was:
2 of our Culture + 3 of one alive AI's Culture + 4 of another alive AI's Culture = allows us to raze the City.

Don't forget that we might not want to be at war with Asoka... he could take a gifted Coal Resource off of our hands if we find that we have too many Coal Resources. Every Coal Resource that we connect will give us extra Flasks (which are kind of useless) and cost us more in Maintenance.

Are we planning to draft any of KK's cities?
I don't know, but it would probably have to be a non-core City for us to get the 10% Culture required, such as Zaragoza, and that City is rather far away from the action. Either that or we'd have to put a bigger priority on eliminating Kublai, which probably isn't really part of our critical path.

Has Kublai really not attacked Madrid, even though Madrid has only a Mace and Barcelona has two Crossbowmen within reach? It's probably worth it to send our Musket at Madrid-1W to Madrid-1N, just in case.

One of our Razed New Cnip Muskets should either guard the dude who razed the City or kill off Asoka's nearby Archer.

Asoka has another Settler in Thessa.

As for Subs... they have 24 Strength. I thought that we determined already that the highest-strength unit on the map at the start of the game had 6 Strength.

Recapturing a City (such as Konya) not only shrinks the City Size but empties the Food box and the Hammer box. There's also a risk of any Buildings (such as the Granary) being auto-razed.

Aksum has lost its prebuilds and population. :eek:
Crossed wires, I think.
I'll see if we can still get two execs out of it.

Culture testing results for City Razing:
2 of our Culture requires 7 AI Culture
3 of our Culture requires 10 AI Culture
4 of our Culture requires 13 AI Culture
6 of our Culture requires 18 AI Culture
8 of our Culture requires 25 AI Culture

EDIT: Culture from another City going into the City doesn't seem to matter.

Also, "free Culture" such as +20 Culture per turn from expanding the City's Cultural Borders also doesn't seem to matter.

So, it is only raw Culture earned by a City itself that seems to matter.

Don't forget that we haven't Drafted on T145 yet.

Spicy Deer could switch a P Riv to a Merchant to make more total Flasks and Gold (or to a Scientist).

Lali does not need to steal Gondar's Corn if we work:
Cow
G Riv
P Riv Farm
5 squares that provide 1 Food
although that would mean not completing the Knight this turn

But then Gondar could grow in 2 turns instead of 6 turns

Aksum has lost its prebuilds and population. :eek:
Crossed wires, I think.
I'll see if we can still get two execs out of it.

Maybe don't put that pressure on Aksum. Aksum will have to infect Addis for sure, but Lali is not necessary. Aksum in a great location to support the troops (draft again?) There are several alternate exec plans.

For example: Cnip -> Igloo -> Lali
or
Gondar -> Lali (the orginal plan)

I think the Igloo plan has merit. Igloo has 1 forest and could do 2 whips...or simply grow to size 10.

Cnip only has to spread to two cities...and it has 2 forests too. Easy.

I already tested multiple AIs having Culture in a City and their total value is compared against our value.

So, for example, one testing result was:
2 of our Culture + 3 of one alive AI's Culture + 4 of another alive AI's Culture = allows us to raze the City.
Culture testing results for City Razing:
2 of our Culture requires 7 AI Culture
3 of our Culture requires 10 AI Culture
4 of our Culture requires 13 AI Culture
6 of our Culture requires 18 AI Culture
8 of our Culture requires 25 AI Culture

EDIT: Culture from another City going into the City doesn't seem to matter.

Also, "free Culture" such as +20 Culture per turn from expanding the City's Cultural Borders also doesn't seem to matter.

So, it is only raw Culture earned by a City itself that seems to matter.
I'm not certain I understand you. When you say, "EDIT: Culture from another City going into the City doesn't seem to matter" are you that it's the sum of all alive AIs' city culture in that city?

Dhoom, the point about drafting from KK's cities is not about getting 10% in there. It's about killing him off or not. If we don't plan to draft, we don't need to kill him off, so that we can re-capture any of his cities and raze them as long as KK is still alive, assuming his city culture still counts.

Btw, Dhoom, the +20 culture for border expansion is tile culture, not city culture. Obviously, city culture is what determines whether you can raze the city or not.

As for Subs... they have 24 Strength. I thought that we determined already that the highest-strength unit on the map at the start of the game had 6 Strength.
Ironclads have strength 12, so evidently, the "strongest unit" that we discovered to be 6 referred to land units only.

Interestingly, Manco says "Health bar trick hints at the strongest land unit" in the spreadsheet.

Why wouldn't we draft in KK's cities? Seems like the best place to do so by far...

Keeping him alive so we can raze the cities is a good reason but I think drafting needs trump that, right?

Are you playing tonight, ZPV?

Top Bottom