1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 23 - Unallocated

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 30, 2016.

1. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

Let's hope that neither we nor Frederick are Stalin's targets.

2. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

haphazard, are you done with your turn set, or plan to play a few more turns?

3. haphazard1

haphazard1 Dancing Bear

I had originally hoped to play a few more turns, but have been unwell the past couple of days and will be very busy getting caught up. :( It is probably best if I hand off to the next player. Sorry for the delay, I had hoped to squeeze in more turns.

4. Sun Tzu Wu

No worries haphazard. Get well soon!

5. Sun Tzu Wu

I have just downloaded the current 800 BC save. I will create a simple PPP soon. Please add your input at any time, the sooner the better.

6. Sun Tzu Wu

It is turn 83 (800 BC): PPP for the next 10 ...

Research: 6t from Construction at 100% Research at -10 Wpt. Copper City can build wealth to cover this deficit allowing us to complete Construction in 6t. We can work some shores and another Cottage in Paris to increase the research rate enough to get Construction in 5t.

After Construction is completed, we will have hopefully traded for Polytheism and Monotheism and can research Theology. It is unlikely that we could trade Hatshepsut for Theology.

We may not have a 3rd GS in time to bulb Paper and Education. We may need to research Paper and double GS bulb Education. Paris GS (our 2nd) will complete in 28t.

Civics: We are not likely to change civics anytime soon. Monotheism is still several turns away from a realistic chance to trade for it. If we do get it, we are unlikely to switch to Organized Religion until the final (6-8) Catapults are built.

Trade:

t83: Alexander's Gems for our excess Fur. This will solve our happiness issues in Paris.

Polytheism, Monotheism and Aesthetics/Literature if possible. Theology we will probably need to research ourselves.

Units:

We have 5 HAs, 2 Chariots, 1 Axeman, 3 Warriors, 1 Spy, 3 Workers and a Great Scientist.

We have 4 HAs being built in our 4 cities now that will be completed in 1-2t. Two HAs are being used as MPs; we will replace those with Axemen or Spearmen. Maybe build an axe/spear to free up the Chariot in Copper City too. We will build 6-8 Catapults when Construction is completed. If we spare capacity, we can build 1-2 more Spies before Construction.

Workers will build Riverside cottages as needed. Maybe another Mine for Orleans. Prechop a forest 2-W of Orleans.

Cities:

Will focus on Commerce to increase research rate.

Copper City will mainly build wealth until Construction is completed. All cities will complete current HA builds.

1-2 Spy builds made be squeezed in before Construction.

After Construction, cities will spam 6-8 Catapults.

Exploration:

Chariot in north and Warrior in the south will explore hidden plots near them methodically, in a general eastern direction that maximizes north-south reveals.

7. Sun Tzu Wu

Hatshepsut is running away with research. She has at least the following technologies we do not: Polytheism, Priesthood, Code of Laws, Aesthetics, Construction, Monotheism, Literature, and Theology. We should make her our vassal as soon as possible or take her cities for ourselves, but she is far away by road. We could build a Galley in Copper City and cross through Spain into North Africa where there is just a 1 plot wide channel.

8. Sun Tzu Wu

We should probably complete our war with Frederick first.

We can still built a gift city for Hatshepsut near our capital where we can steal her technologies. We will need to build a Christian Missionary for it. We can steal technologies she has a fraction of the Espionage it would cost us in beakers to research them.

We just need to run the Espionage slider about 20-40% of the time.

9. haphazard1

haphazard1 Dancing Bear

A couple thoughts:
    - Diverting commerce into the espionage slider is expensive, but I agree that we are unlikely to be able to keep up with Hatshepsut in research. :( War is our other option, while she is not yet too far ahead.
    - Some of our cities have barracks, some do not. Make sure to get our spies from non-barracks cities.
    - Still one un-met AI somewhere. India perhaps? An African civ? Americas seem unlikely unless the map is much larger than I have realized.
    - Since we will be trading resources with Alex, also swap fish for clam. This will build the resource trade +diplo faster.

Good luck! Plan looks good to me.

10. Sun Tzu Wu

Thanks for your suggestions, haphazard!

11. Sun Tzu Wu

Everyone, please comment on my PPP as soon as possible. I would like to do my turn set sometime today. Thanks!

12. marbe166

marbe166 Chieftain

PPP sounds good to me.

13. ikotomi

ikotomi Prince

Looks good. Remember to check trades for gold now that we have currency.

Edit: not sure how are power is compared to stalin, but we might be able to demand 1GPT or something from him to prevent war.

14. Packers5280

Packers5280 Deity

I don't think we would be able to demand something from Stalin. He can be a bit of a unit spammer. Not to mention he was at war with us for a while, all the more reason for him to spam.

Plan looks good to me.

15. Sun Tzu Wu

Regarding Stalin: I will locate his stack and try a demand of 1 Wpt (Gpt) just before it enters our border.

16. Sun Tzu Wu

In about an hour, I will start executing the PPP as revised by the latest comments by haphazard, ikotomi, and Packers. Also, thanks marbe for approving the PPP.

17. Sun Tzu Wu

We can't trade Fish for Alexander's Clam, since he apparently has recently acquired a source Fish himself.

t83: Alexander's Gems traded for our Fur

t84: Darius I wants Currency as a gift. I plan to deny his demand (he is Cautious with us).

18. Sun Tzu Wu

t84: Stalin wants us to cancel our deals with Darius I. I think we should agree to apease Stalin. We can mend our relations with Darius I later, if necessary.

Building an Axeman and Spearman (in case Stalin still attacks us) for stack defense; we don't want just HAs and Catapults

We could trade Alphabet to Mehmed II for Polytheism + 30W?.

19. Packers5280

Packers5280 Deity

Mehmed trade is fine with me.

20. Sun Tzu Wu

t85: We can get Polytheism + 70W for Alphabet from Churchill (He has no worst enemy); I will do this trade now. The 70W will really help our research rate.