[BTS] SGOTM 24 Turbo Ants

yea, what was our captured worker count? three? four?
Painful to build workers, and to make it worse, we built them with food! instead of whipping them :vomit:
This game had the most built workers ever! while, ironically, the game was designed to minimize the need for workers.

For info, here's the final worker plan t139-t157:
Spoiler worker plan :

I added the numbers 1-50 while I was planning the forest preserves. It was getting really messy until then. At first I was reluctant to put all those notes in there, but it turned out to help immeasurably, in planning and then especially in checking that I hadn't left anything out (I had) and the execution of the plan.
This is really impressive.

We definitely are able to be on the same page, even when we're playing with variables or changing the page. I think part of it is the ability to have a sense of the possible factors involved in any CIV situation, in particular how those factors play into the future of the game. For example, DB talked about not even thinking of using espionage to flip Toku into Environmentalism. That's a gap in knowing the possible factors. That rarely happens with us. Instead we're aware of the gamut of factors, eliminate the less useful ones and then optimize or select the best from the remaining ones. That occurs on multiple levels the highest being choice of victory condition, so it's also the ability to be aware of and align those levels, including into the future.

It is for me an intellectual joy to play with WT for that reason. ;)

From that perspective, this scenario was interesting because it (apparently -- see DB chops) involved a somewhat unusual mix of factors. TA spotted that from the beginning, the food-rich, low-hammer area, distant AP targets, late start to warring, very little exploration, but we had to keep re-evaluating the factors again and again and finally realized that AI was going to be the best solution for our situation.

This makes me miss Kossin & Duckweed, a golden pair. What if there's a match between Kossin/Duckweed and LowtherCastle/WastinTime? (BTW, I just find the name structure of you are also the same: Capitol verb+pronoun+Capitol noun, are you friends in the real world?)

Edit: yes, it's in SGOTM 21, and it might be the only one match I've ever seen.

Top Bottom