[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Mitch’s wb1-wb2-wb3-galley seems to align better to settling Silver too soon.

wb1-wb2-galley-wb3 is better for earlier S city site and then N.

I envision the galley dropping off S settler, then immediately going N.

I envision the galley dropping off S settler, then immediately going N.

Settler and worker, yes? Science can crank out a new worker for the mainland in a handful of turns. We don't want our southern city to have to build its own worker, especially if the galley is going to abandon it.

Cows can work its farm some (assuming we complete it--which I think we will), but before then. I think Furs.
Active player can optimize that.

Cows can work its farm some (assuming we complete it--which I think we will), but before then. I think Furs.
Active player can optimize that.
We are currently set up to complete the monument in four turns if we work the 2hammer tile two of the four turns.

Settler and worker, yes? Science can crank out a new worker for the mainland in a handful of turns. We don't want our southern city to have to build its own worker, especially if the galley is going to abandon it.
If needed, definitely.

We are currently set up to complete the monument in four turns if we work the 2hammer tile two of the four turns.
I realize that, but does it really matter if it goes 5 turns? BW 1 turn early means whipping wb in Canal 1t early, settling silver earlier, whipping exploring wb? etc. etc.

Some plans have the wb coming a turn later so we could work the furs instead, delay the monument by a turn, likely delay the wb, etc.

However, all of this has to play together if we want an optimized plan. If we want to move forward 5 turns at 0% research with an non-optimized longer-term plan as a way to gain more knowledge before making any decisions, that's fine. But it does limit our options slightly.

Said another way, a non-optimized plan that is made with more information is better than a perfectly-optimized plan that turns out to be the wrong plan. ;)

WT, if we do self-tech BW next, that pretty much means that we won't be beelining Alphabet afterwards, correct? In other words, by teching BW, we're kind of making the decision to self tech IW, Wheel, Pottery, Sailing, Masonry, etc.

Supposing we need to explore with the wb 7t. Would it be better to work + food in cows, free us to work max coins later?

Also, are we farming the wines or the rice next?

WT, if we do self-tech BW next, that pretty much means that we won't be beelining Alphabet afterwards, correct? In other words, by teching BW, we're kind of making the decision to self tech IW, Wheel, Pottery, Sailing, Masonry, etc.
Sailing, for sure. We’d still have the Alpha or MC beeline choice.

To me, BW is an economy turbo-charger, it it is. Can turbo-charge any ensuing tech path.

Question is, do we have the food to make BW pay off?

I'm starting to like the Mining-BW plan the more I think about it. The only real production our cities have (especially Canal) is the whip/nae-nae. Waiting until Alphabet to get BW would be too painful.

So is the current dilemma between Sailing -> Mining -> BW and Mining -> BW -> Sailing?

rt, let's see if there is triple food + stone/gold down south (in 5 turns or less)

Kait, it's a tall order but see if you can find a city location in the fog in five turns or less that makes the decision easy.

By the way, even if we go Mining -> BW, we don't really need Mining ASAP so if we go 5 turns and don't find a good site, we can keep the slider at 0% to save up enough gold to research Mining -> BW in a single 100% slider push (10 turns???) before we make the final decision. If we find a compelling city spot on T+7, for example, we could always research Sailing first.

Last edited:
Gold, stone, and marble will be in different sites. Those who settle too fast won’t get one of them. Bank on it. Carved in stone. Cold, hard fact.

Also, none of them will be visible from the workboot.

Top Bottom