continuing from #1 which is empty
using Kaitzilla's PPP

T68
nothing happens
No news about great wonders

T69
Chariot enters neutral territory.
Spoiler :

Poverty Point is not poor at all. Say hello to SB's 2nd scout.

I made 2 mistakes. Galley 2(the one that sends workers to profit island) sailed for wrong direction for 1 turn which means I need to send another..The other one is..Worker Rex was assigned wrong job. He went to road the gem instead of mining the clams. Shepherd will do the job but delay the mine for 1 turn.Cost us 2:hammers::hammer2:Sorry..

T70
No news about wonders still.
Chariot moved 1 step into SB's territory.
Spoiler :

Only archers! No additional archer promotion! What buildings does SB capital have?

Cows can be liberated too?

At beginning of T71
No news about great wonders.
The other SB scout appears near science NW border.
Cahokia has just completed a worker.

End

Save at beginning of T71 has been uploaded.

Edit: Delayed galley 2 will not affect worker schedule. But I think it's better to send a 2nd worker to defer the dun whip to T77 and to allow working on rice in science city.

Last edited:
Reference number: 16269
Game: C-IV SGOTM 26
Your team: Home Slices
Your name: MirrorGuard
Date submitted: 2020-06-02
Software Version: BtS 3.19
Game date: 1160BC
Total turns played: 71
Session turns played: 6
Player race: Celt
Firaxis score: 494
Session time played (hh:mm:ss): 00:43:02
Total time played (hh:mm:ss): 14:04:35
Game status: Incomplete
Submitted save: Home_Slices_SG026_BC1160_MG_02.CivBeyondSwordSave
Renamed file: Home_Slices_SG026_BC1160_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Right click the Renamed File link above to copy it.
You can then paste it into your team post as the download link for the next player.

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1400 BC to 1160 BC:

Turn 67, 1320 BC: You have discovered Writing!

Turn 69, 1240 BC: Science or has grown to size 6.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Science or has become unhappy.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Science or can hurry Library for 3⇴ with 20ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Cows can hurry Stonehenge for 2⇴ with 13ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Canal has grown to size 4.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Silver has grown to size 4.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Whales has grown to size 2.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Bibracte has been founded.
Turn 69, 1240 BC: Profit will grow to size 3 on the next turn.

Turn 70, 1200 BC: Science or has become happy.
Turn 70, 1200 BC: Canal can hurry The Great Wall for 2⇴ with 2ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 16 turns.
Turn 70, 1200 BC: Profit has grown to size 3.

Turn 71, 1160 BC: Cows can hurry The Great Wall for 2⇴ with 19ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 71, 1160 BC: Profit can hurry Dun for 1⇴ with 25ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.

You may wish to copy it to Notepad for reference when you write your turn set post. It includes any entries you added with the in-game Chat facility

Nice job, MG. No worries about the minor mistakes; they happen all the time.

Any reason not to continue with the next 3 to 4 turns? Maybe tomorrow in case people have suggestions for Rex or Galley or chariot.

Our 7th and final city is now online :D

Things still look good Mirrorguard.
It looks like the Galley will be unloading both workers inside of Profit City on T74 and T78.
**Edit**
Actually, the 1 Worker plan might be possible if you still want to do it. :hmm:
The road 1S1E of Deer completes on T72, and the deer tile worker can use that road to board the galley 2S of Deer on T72 and sail into Profit City on T73.
Spoiler :

I have no advice on the Chariot.
Do what you think best and explore for us. :)

Crazy that no AI has built Stonehenge by 1160BC on Emperor difficulty.
We will have to complete Oracle using the money from the original plan.
Capital will not be able to grow much on Rice.

I give my green light to play your final 4 turns whenever you have time and energy.

Last edited:
I think I will prioritize finding out what the units are inside Poverty Point and where his 3rd city is. After that I will check the tiles in fog first to see whether he has deer. Now SB still needs fur. If he has access to deer, we gift him fur+stone and pillage the fur in silver city. But the worker schedule needs to be reworked. I will stop if I see his deer.
Can I move on?

Green light.

On Sitting Bull, remember, he only has one land tile in Cahokia’s third ring that we don’t see. All the rest are coastal tiles.

That tile must lead to his third city. Cahokia will have a road leading directly there.

He’s had Hunting forever so definitely doesn’t have deer near Cahokia (unless it was in jungle) so it could only be near his third city, if at all.

Has he teched Mysticism yet? (He’ll whip a totem pole in Poverty Point immediately when he can.)

Btw, we can know pretty much what units SB has without peeking into PP.

Tech power: 24
Pop: 3-4
Bldgs: walls (2) + any barracks in Cahokia or PP (3 each)?
Units: ~5 archers = 15
Mystery 2 power

Subtract from his total power and the remainder is archers (3) and dogs (6).

finding out what the units are inside Poverty Point
Like LC, we know (and don't really care) what's in there. focus on revealing all land tiles. I suppose I'd like to know his seafood and if there are any sailing paths farther east, but not sure if you need to do 100% coverage on the water this first pass thru.

**Edit**
Actually, the 1 Worker plan might be possible if you still want to do it. :hmm:
The road 1S1E of Deer completes on T72, and the deer tile worker can use that road to board the galley 2S of Deer on T72 and sail into Profit City on T73.
Spoiler Screenshot of Workers T71 Real Game :

It looks like you gained us 1 Worker-turn MirrorGuard. :crazyeye:
We get an extra chop on a forest.

2 Chop Plan
Joan Dark
T71 - Finish Road on Deer
T72 - After Phillip completes road, move to 2S2E of Deer
T73 - T74 Road 2S2E of Deer
T75 - Chop forest
T76 - Chop forest and STOP!
T77 - Board Galley and sail to Profit City
T78 - Exit Galley inside Profit City and chop forest 1N1W of Profit City into Oracle

Phillip
T71 - T72 Road 1S1E of Deer
T73 - Board Galley 2S of Deer and sail to Profit City
T74 - Exit Galley inside Profit City and move to forest 2W of Profit City
T75 - T78 Chop forest into Oracle

Galley
T71 - Move to 2S of Deer
T72 - Wait
T73 - After picking up Phillip sail to Profit City
T74 - Unload Phillip inside Profit City
T75 - Sail to Profit City's crab
T76 - Sail to 3S1E of Deer
T77 - Pick up Joan Dark and sail to Profit City
T78 - Unload Joan Dark inside Profit City
T79 - Pick up both Workers and sail to Profit City's Crab
T80 - Unload both Workers at forest hill 3S1E of Deer

Last edited:
I think I will prioritize finding out what the units are inside Poverty Point and where his 3rd city is. After that I will check the tiles in fog first to see whether he has deer. Now SB still needs fur. If he has access to deer, we gift him fur+stone and pillage the fur in silver city. But the worker schedule needs to be reworked. I will stop if I see his deer.
Can I move on?
Based on what we know, I think the best move for the chariot is to go straight to Cahokia next. That’s a hill and will tell us most about where that one land tile is. From there you can optimize defogging the area and moving to his next city.

Cowboy
T71 - T72 Camp Deer
T73 - Camp Deer and STOP!
This is the only Worker stoppage you will have to worry about to finish your turnset Mirrorguard.

There are multiple ways to make a Worker stop their current action.
I enjoy selecting a Worker and right-clicking the tile they are standing on to make them stop since it is fast when I play a regular game.

The safest way to make a Worker stop what they are doing is to click "Cancel Last Mission"
Spoiler How to make Workers stop what they are doing :

This button is nice because WastinTime taught me you can hold down ALT on the keyboard and then click this button to make all Workers in the whole world stop what they are doing at the same time.
I love it so much, I press ALT + Cancel Last Mission at the end of every turn in my SGOTM turnsets so I never make a Worker mistake. :D

This button is nice because WastinTime taught me you can hold down ALT
Happy to take credit, but ya know, right there in your screenshot, Sid says "(<ALT> for All Units)"
I also use it to sleep all and wake all-- other cases like spies, not workers.

Turnset report #3 T71~T74
continuing from #2
using Kaitzilla's PPP

T71
chariot marches into Cahokia. There is a roaded mine 2S1E for better vision. Going there in the next turn.
Spoiler :

T72
There is something to the SW. Going further to see what is in there. Maybe loop back to the "bait spot"?
Spoiler :

The Great Wall gives soldier value. Not sure if it's enough to scare SB away. Someone has a +6 trade surplus. China!

T73
SB 3rd city spotted.
Spoiler :

Finally stonehenge completed by AI. It's still in the cows build queue though.
Spoiler :
I think if I kick SH out of the queue it will disappear. What am I supposed to do about it?

Game paused and saved.

Game resumed.
Spoiler :

T74
chariot climbs up the hill for better vision.
Spoiler :

I just realized galley can go through Mound City 2N1E->1N2E. I should have sent the chariot to check if there is coastal water passage to the east of Poverty point. Luckily the galley still needs to get the worker back from Profit island and there is still time.

T75 End of turnset
No news at the beginning of this turn.
Game paused and saved.

Uploading save.

Last edited:
Top Bottom