1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - The Indecisive

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Folket

Folket Deity

Seems doable. But forgot that you can't have more then 30 overflow hammers from wb. it will be 30 overflow hammers turning into something smaller and 3 gold. I'm also confused that you expect 13 hammers this turn but 11 next turn.

If you unload the Galleon in 5W you should be able to use the worker to chop on turn 159. But if we do not need chops maybe we should just save forests in case Germany builds it and we need the Taj Mahal.

Technically we finish MoM at the end of our turn 160.

Either way I think getting out MoM in three turn is a good plan. Now on to what else will happen during the next 10 turns.

2. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I made a typo in the first post, 13 is production, while 11 is base production. so you get 13 in the wb this turn (11*1.25 rounded down) but 11*1.50 next turn into MoM (factoring in the forge and OR).

I tested the overflow math on wb and it's correct. Then I think there aren't mistakes left :mischief:

Oh good point! it's a galley but it works indeed. I'll do the math again to see if we can't shave a pop point with a chop (probably).

I am working on a PPP, will have it posted within the next couple of hours. it takes time to catch up lol

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Actually it saves 2 pop, since a one pop whip will be enough if we double chop turn 159. back on ppp

4. Folket

Folket Deity

I forgot. Bismark is industrious is he not? Berlin will have closer to 50 hammers.

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

He is...

6. Folket

Folket Deity

Unless you can make a plan for finishing the MoM in 2 turns I guess we could wait and see what wonder he builds.

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

OK will do. More on workers below

Sounds about right. Better than a war imo considering our prod and the impact it would have on tech rate.

As said we give in on demands. I need to check how zealous he is to see if dropping religion during a GA is worth it (cost 2 GPs iirc)
    -------

Techs:
    SM (5 turns) into lib (1 turn), grabbing bilogy.
    then what? Corp, Radio, supraconductors? (and prerequesits) (to be discussed)

Builds:
    Bibracte: AW to one turn then starts on Notre Dame? We could use an aqueduc once bioglogy is in, and we still need a temple here.
    BB: finish the observatory
    TC: research, market, or chistian missionary (we still lack one provided the other 2 succeeds)? We can finish the dun later.
    6R: see MoM
    CC: switch to christian monastary (takes one turn and give +10%, better than 25% in 7 turns), then resume uni. Still lacks its cathedral (but can wait)
    5W: continue chicken pizza. I guess the temple and dun are there to be whipped into the Kremlin?
    IT: research or resume temple? We can produce another jewish missionary there too.

Small update needed: why did we choose Kremlin and the Eiffel Tower? (or link me to the discussion)

Units:
    Workers 3 & 7 chop the MoM, we can then link up the silver west of 6R
    Worker 2: road and hook up more furs
    worker 4 & 5: prechopping duty?
    worker 1: keeps on farming Bibracte (biology)
    worker 6:farm or prechop around TC?

jewish missionary: Yaroslav? or Yakutsk (closer but already Christian)?
    Christian missionaries: Basra and Mesa Verde (smallest cities)
    Tao? no idea where he is heading rn. Must reread the last few pages...

tell me, I might be totally off on this since I have few history.

Trades & diplo:
    Give in what Louis wants (he is in WHEOOHRN, target?)
    sell non monopoly techs.

GP: What's the strat? Bulb and get cash for merchant? Save 3 for a couple of GAs (I see we chose the MoM when the Parth was available for instance)

8. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

:lol: That's a no Sir. We can't chop a third forest next turn. How do you see the hammers invested by Bis?

9. Folket

Folket Deity

You can calculate it from
    Hammers = (Sabotage Production / City Revolt) * (650/6)
    in the espionage screen.

10. Folket

Folket Deity

I'm certain Louis will attack Arabia. Arabia is likely to surrender to HRE once HRE gets feudalism.

11. Cactus Pete

Cactus Pete Deity GOTM Staff

Yes, they are.

Suggest you don't give up on a three-turn MoM until we have played the in-between-turn and seen how many more hammers Berlin puts into wonder, then calculate when he will finish if that rate continues.

Been gone all day, but will comment on rest of plan ASAP.

12. Cactus Pete

We will also need a GP for Corporation.

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

@Cactus Pete:

GA: You started one already so next one costs 2 GPs?
    I agree about playing one more turn then checking Berlin's build advance.
    Notre Dame: I suggested it because we do have stone so we will get 2 gold per hammers. And AIs seem to like it. What would you do instead?
    Good point about the market.
    Monastery in CC: Yes, we do, so we MUST build the jewish one within 5 turns. Not for the science bonus though (I was :smoke:)...

Workers6: hum no, I am speaking about the jungle plain. not chopping forests indeed if they are all prechopped.
    Forests around BB. We can prefarm them to one turn (will get us to +6 food with these), and finish them when we need the hammers from the chops.

Christian missionaries: well maybe I need to check how the vote system works, but I was under the impression we needed all AIs converted to get the vote on religious leader. We want all our cities converted, friendly AIs can be converted, but the rest must not hold many votes, hence the smaller cities targeted. But could be wrong on this.
    "He's headed for Cologne to convert it and thereby mitigate Christianity being spread there. " -> which German city should get Christianity then?

GP: yeah, did you discuss the corp already?

-----------------

I can't play untill tomorrow (business trip tmr and waking up in 5 hours). Maybe one of you can play t158 so we decide on MoM in the meantime.

14. Cactus Pete

Rather folket do that.

15. Folket

Folket Deity

I have my presentation today so pretty busy. Just play a turn and if you do not want to calculate hammer yourself post cost for sabotage production and city revolt here and I will do the calculation.

Either way I guess we need to whip wb this turn so we can use hammers next turn.

16. Cactus Pete

Playing . . .
    Switch Bib from Wat to Christian missionary (thinking we will need one more, plus a couple of back-ups) and build Wat in CC.

Before IBT:
    Sabotage Production cost is 2,784
    City Revolt cost is 845

After IBT (T159):
    Bismarck completes Parthenon (Thinking we should complete MoM without whipping other than wkbt, but see no reason to save chopping.)
    Sioux has 50 gold

FYI, now
    Sabotage Production cost is now a blank space
    City Revolt cost is still 845

I could play in perhaps twelve hours, but hoping someone else can take over before then.

If Louis asks us to go to war with him, do we agree?

Save posted at Central

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  17. Folket

Folket Deity

We do not want a war with Arabia. Iron is a bonus but not needed. If Arabia looses their christian city and we can't get open border we are lost.

Parthenon. That is good. Now we can relax again.

18. Folket

Folket Deity

I suggest we tech to corporation next. GM from economics is nice and extra trade route is 4 commerce in each city.I suggest we plan for a GA using great spy and great scientists. But we should delay it some to allow our cities to grow.

19. Cactus Pete

Be good to get NE built first too.

Do you have any idea what Home Slices is doing with all its culture?

Gone for the next 12 hours. Anyone who decides to play, please post that you are.
    Concur, and Peter will have researched Guilds by time we complete BIO.

20. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Got it for tonight. (In about 6 hours)