1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - The Indecisive

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I will play in 5 hours finally. You can take the turns guys if u can make it first.

2. Cactus Pete

Cactus Pete Deity GOTM Staff

I don't have any time until 3:30 my time (EST), so please go ahead (if you haven't already) and do complete the monastery in CC.

3. Cactus Pete

Well . . .?

4. Folket

Folket Deity

RRRaskolnikov. How is your set going?

5. Cactus Pete

Folket, I think we need to move on. Can you pl;ay?

6. Folket

Folket Deity

As I meantioned before I can play on Wednesday. Booked tomorrow and Tuesday.

7. Cactus Pete

Well, I can play late Monday afternoon (my time) and, will if I can get an OK.

Would like some input:
    How best to build the NE.
    Whether it is still wise to build a wonder for failed gold and, if so, which wonders.
    Worker improvements other than pre-chopping
    Do we need ant more Jewish missionaries, and, if so, for where?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  8. Folket

Folket Deity

In general if we spread more Judaism to Peter we can spread more Christianity and have more votes. Also it gives some robustness as when Peter settles more cities he may get some converted to Christianity by chance.

Whipping missionaries should be good for 30 hammer overflows. But I can't look at the game now so I can make any plans.

Given that we have 5+60 turns left fail gold should be good because of the extra +25% hammers. Observatories and Universities are probably good investments as well.

Have we finished the monastery we need for victory?

Farms area really good to grow our cities.

Good luck playing.

9. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Hello team - are you ok for finishing on time? If you're going to need an extension I would like to keep it short but we can think about giving you another weekend perhaps if you think you will need it?

10. Folket

Folket Deity

At the moment it feel like it should not be a problem. At some point we will just click end turn 50 times, but we do not want to be in a bad position when we do that.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  11. Cactus Pete

Feedback much appreciated.

What is this about pressing Enter 50 times?

I will be playing in about 4 hours
    (unless RRR suddenly materializes again with turns played). If you get a chance before then to clarify your wonder-for-fail-gold advice, that would certainly be helpful.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  12. Cactus Pete

I am much more concerned about this than folket, so please keep the extension option open.

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Sorry I couldn't play Saturday and was stuck with family the rest of the week end. I can play after Cactus.

@Cactus: you can still build missionaries after the monastery is obsolete. So spreading more Christianity more in Russia is still a good idea once all AIs are converted (of course you need to convert his Jewish cities so he doesn't switch).

workers: yes farms indeed. We still lack some and biology is 5 turns away.

14. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Also, as said in post #507, I still think ND is decent for fail gold. Keep building Chichen Itza too imo.

15. Cactus Pete

Glad your still alive and kicking, RRR. Appreciate the feedback. Did not know missionaries could still be built by obsolete monasteries.

I will begin play shortly and post in perhaps 5 hours, so hope you can look at save and post a plan tomorrow morning (your time).

16. Cactus Pete

Playing , , ,

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I will do that :)

18. Cactus Pete

NZ, game just crashed on me (while I was in Word, not even playing). It just disappeared from my taskbar. Fortunately, I only lost some trades since my last save and I was recording them when it happened, so was easily able to replicate and go on. [Sent this message in a PM]

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  19. Cactus Pete

Played to Bio:

T159: Convert Mecca to Christianity; trade Drama to SB for 50 gold

T160 (1000 AD): BB gets 49 gold from hammers put into The Parthenon; Taoism spread to Cologne;

T161: A GScientist is born to the Sioux; Judaism is spread to Novgorod; trade Sioux Compass for 50 gold

T162: Peter comes demanding Philosophy, and I gift it; France completes the Paya; Bismark has created a GMerchant;

T163: Rome solicits our assistance against the Arabs, but we decline; MoM completes; SM > Liberalism; Peter completes Guilds and begins Banking; we are oil rich; trade France Drama for 60 gold; trade Peter Gunpowder for Guilds and whales for 3gpt; trade Rome Drama for 40 gold

T164: Liberalism and Bio> Communism; Taoism has spread to Snaketown; we outed a spy near Bib; voted to be the proposer of AP resolutions; trade Bismark Music for 50 gold;

Think we should consider holding off on researching Banking and let Peter do that for us; instead, we could research Communism.

Suggest build harbor for two turns in 6R and then whip into NE.

Not sure how to configure citizens in Bib to get growth without losing too much commerce, so left that for RRR, but note that Bib may be able to build Wat for a turn while it is in growth mode.

Have not traded our map, so there is a little gold available there when we need it.

Is there a risk in taking gems or deer trade away from Peter so we can get gpt from Sitting Bull?

Save posted at Central

20. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Got it, will look at the save shortly. Did you not chop the forests into the MoM? Also why Mecca? think there were smaller cities. no biggies though :)