[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Unusual Suspects

There are probably a few spare worker-turns for the extra worker from Tolosa that could be used before the borders pop over there.

If the timing is not right, farming is all we got, so farming anything on the river would be better than moving and just sitting around.

(Yes, do not finish SH in a land-locked city! That'd be GG).

Tol's borders will pop in 16 turns - it will be 9 turns before it's worker can improve sheep. So it 7 worker turns to play around with - probably best to just throw a couple turns on the PH south of the Sheep. I think it has to go back 1-T before finishing that farm. Alternatively, just throw a couple of turns onto the Wine tile, since we'll want to use that earlier.

Time for Civ is still limited. Didn't even start botm192...

Smart move! You didn't miss anything. :lol:

Sorry I can't help here, but I'm enjoying following along. Good luck!

Ok I had a look now and here are some ideas:
Sb still put all his espionage on us so it seems like there is no one near him to the east. Writing next for the library would still be good though. Kcd could you try to check the espscreen every turn to see if his spending on us goes below 4.

Moving every worker 1 city west would be something good for our economy. Bibs worker should finish the flat furcamp first. Then it is a 11 turn walk to the silver which is faster than building a worker over there. If I haven't miscalculated things we should have a border pop in the west as well before the silver is mined.
The Vienna worker takes over and improve the deer and last fur in bib after it finish the horse. The sheed and rice is the improved by our east worker.

Bib has 1 more hammer than Vienna even with the horses so after the wb we gain a bit by failgold henge there and let vienna produce happy warriors. Bib will need one soon anyway. Vienna can continue the failgold when it works both pasteurs.

@Zhary - cool idea. That should really speed up the western city. I'm surprised it's only an 11 turn walk over there with all the hills and forests around.

In that scenario - when do we improve the Fur at Tolosa? I'm guessing after the food is ready in Vienne?

Tol has a lot of turns left before the border pop, so there should be time for both the rice and sheep then back to the fur.
I didn't use to go to command to calculate the 11 turn walk, I did it from the pictures so I could be wrong. Anyway after the monument there's more use for wb than worker which even make a 15 turn walk usefull here.

OK, PPP next 10-15t:

Research 0% on writing
wb from Bib continues to NW to improve crabs
scouting by wb
check Espionage every turn to see if SB has neighbor
pause on significant events or confusion what to do.

Bibracte
work the beaver
improve the cow, then camp the deer, Bibs worker should finish the flat furcamp first. Then it is a 11 turn walk to the silver
finish wb,
make another wb
then Henge for fail gold

Vienne
worker improve horse, then takes over and improve the deer and last fur in Bib.
continue build Henge for fail gold until Bib switches to Henge, then warriors for happiness.

Tolosa
keep working on monument (about 7t to complete) then wb
wheat worker goes to Vienne to do sheep and rice (in that order)

Gergovia
build monument
work the crab

Green
Maybe take an extra turn to scout the island west of Gregovia before netting the crabs.

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

We have enough gold to get writing in 5t at 100% research. SB is forward settling us. No change in Espionage status. No excitement happened. REAL save attached - don't make irreversible moves on it.

Upload log:
Here is your Session Turn Log from 2800 BC to 2440 BC:

Turn 30, 2800 BC: The borders of Vienne have expanded!

Turn 37, 2520 BC: Vienne has grown to size 2.

Turn 38, 2480 BC: Gergovia will grow to size 2 on the next turn.

Turn 39, 2440 BC: Gergovia has grown to size 2.

Ending my turnset... Next player should take over from here.

Moderator Action: Save removed, please download via the SGOTM site, thanks! --NZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Good play.

• Looks like we're pretty isolated if it's T-39 and nobody else came by yet. That marble is a tease - that land is hot garbage.

Good play.

• Looks like we're pretty isolated if it's T-39 and nobody else came by yet. That marble is a tease - that land is hot garbage.
We definitely have beter settling options closer to home. Is it time to start thinking about what comes after writing? Alphabet makes little sense; a CS sling is looking more better...

Seems like our options are a bit limited temporarily. General flow seems to be:
  • Finish writing now.
  • Put as many hammers into SH as possible (without finishing it!)
  • Have NW work boat improve the food. (or finish scouting the island to the East to see if there's link).
  • Tolosa's WB should scout the north island especially to the East first then improve food. A 2nd work boat can explore SB's land.
  • Workers look good right now.
    • After Deer is improved, work it.
  • First warrior should head to the capital.

Seems like our best bet is to keep on this path, and make a more in-depth assessment once writing is finished, as we'll have to make a lot of decisions once writing is in. (How to best scout SB's lands.... where to build libraries, what to tech next).

Should also keep an eye on when SH is built to assess the general tech / wonder pace, for Oracle timing. T-39, is getting far enough that it could be any turn now.

Well played
Astro bulb might be something to consider. We can't do the cs sling then thou. Going for the tgl instead by oracling aesthetic might be an alternative. Then it is also the question what we want to do with the rest of our settlers. We have 2 more good city spots now. We shouldn't settle them until we know where the metals is. Do we want trebs and maces on galleons to find some good ai cap or should we consider SBs cap for the last settler? We might also want to reveal the oil before settling the last city if we expect a long game.
Otherwise I agree with your short term plan sd

With crappy land and Agg AI, I would expect very late wonders... but evil mapmaker probably puts one Ind AI in a sweet spot with marble/stone just to mess with us. :mischief: We'll see. I agree with the plan to writing, anyhow. Who's gonna take it?:confused:

Top Bottom