SGOTM2 Germany - Team Kuningas

First the SAVE

Preturn-Looks good. Science to 40% to get feudalism in 7. There is a Russian Warrior deep in our territory near our undefended cities.
IT- Lose a sword and a warrior to a French sword and archer. Kill a barb. Konigsberg horse->horse. Colongne sword->sword. Hannover rax->horse. Dortmund pult->worker.
1- Attack Chartres, kill 2 spears, take the city, no loses. Kill archer. Lose a sword, kill a sword. Kill 2 barbs and one camp. Movements.
IT- Berlin settler->settler. Paris rax->sword. Leipzig temple->horse. Marseilles spear->rax.
2- Movements. Why is there a plains mined by Leipzig. Start to irgate the plan so Leipzig will start growing again. Kill a spear in Dijon.
IT-France wants to sign peace, no way. Heidelburg sword->sword.
3- Kill a barb warrior. Lose 2 swords attacking a french sword on a hill, kill the sword with my 3rd sword. Make sure all troops are out of Russian Lands, Cancel ROP with Russia. Settle New Frankfurt.
IT-Russia kicks us out of her land. Lyons spear->rax. Heidelburg harbor->rax. Rouen spear->rax.
4-Attack Besancon, lose a sword. Wack a barb camp. Demand that Russia gets out of our territory. and they leave. Declare war on Russia and advance 4 swords on Moscow.
IT-Orleans library->rax. Leipzig horse->horse. Hamburg riots, Tours settler->Rax. Frankfurt riots. Munich horse->horse.
5- Bombard moscow with 2 pults, hurt a spear, Then attack with 4 swords, lose a sword, kill 3 spears, take the city. Attack Rheims with 5 swords, lose 2, kill 3 spears, take the city along with 5 french workers.
IT- Lose a sword to french attack, THe russians take Bonn from us. Feudalism comes in set research for mono due in 6, losing 9gpt. Berlin settler->settler. Paris sword->Sword.
6-Attack Kiev with 2 horses, one kills a spear another retreats. Kill an archer and take bonn back with a horse. Attack Bescancon, kill 2 spears, take the city. Kill french sword.
IT-Russia takes Bonn back. WW starts, hire a whole bunch of entertainers.
7-Japan has built a city on our continent. Make peace with France for Monarchy, 5 gold and WM. Lux to 20%, fire most of the entertaiers. Kill another spear in Kiev. Settle New Munich. Settle New Heidelburg. Settle New Nurmberg.
IT-Orleans rax->temple. Lyons rax->sword.
8- Kill another spear in Kiev and take the city. along with 4 workers. Load 3 swords in the army in Paris. Kill 2 spears in the Russian city of Yakutsk.
IT-Russia wants peace, no way. Lose a horse, Leipzig horse->horse. Marseilles rax->library. Salzburg horse->horse.
9-Lose a sword, kill a russian warrior. Lose a sword, kill an archer, take Yakustk and a settler. Movements.
IT-Berlin settler->library.
10-Bombard and take St. Petersburg, It was only defened by 1 spear. Kill an archer, try to take back Bonn but our horse retreats against an archer.

thanks t.neo. secret formula, keep science slider at 80-100% whole game :)

Got it. Will play tonight.
Are swords obsoleted, or should I use them against English?

the roster:
conehead234
grs
Kuningas - up
t.neo - on deck
Bede
Wotan

pre turn - 350AD

sign peace, TM, 10g to Russian for PT, Monotheism.
WW ends due this I do a lot of MM.
Monotheism to Chinese for 8gpt, 23g, WM. Hopefully Chinese research Chivalry for us.
Theology in four turns at 80% science.

warriors disbanded since Russians are not threat anymore.

score 776

IBT Bunch of Settlers built.
1 - 360AD

Feudalism to Russian for 14gpt, WM, 41g.

score 792 (+16)

IBT 2 Horses and 2 Settlers built.
2 - 370AD
disperse barb camp.

New Hannover founded.
New Bremen founded.

score 808 (+16)

IBT 2 horses built
3 - 380AD

score 824 (+16)

We learn secrets of Theology. I choose "Whats the big picture" go to F1 screen and adjust slider at 100% luxs. Note that no beakers are lost.
4 - 390AD
I declare war on English. Immediately kill archer, spear and settler.
Elite horse attacks reg archer on Reading. Reading razed.

New Stuttgart, New Bonn founded.

score 842 (+18)

Hasting completed Hanging Gardens.
5 - 400AD
lost two vet swords vs reg sword. Vet horse kills it.
I have moved two stacks. One next to Canterbury and other next to Coventry.
Elite sword attacks reg archer. Leeds razed.

New Salzburg, New Dortmund, New Brandenburg founded.

score 859 (+17)

IBT swords kill 2 swords near Coventry.
6 - 410AD
three cats bombard Canterbury. 2 misses, 1 kills pop. elite sword kill reg spear. Canterbury captured.
Kill two spears on Coventry.
2 Elite horses and vet sword failed to kill reg spear on Warwick. Horses retreated and sword died.

3 towns founded.

score 877 (+18)

IBT Swords kill spear and elite sword near Coventry.
7 - 420AD
vet horse dies vs vet warrior on mountain. sword army kill it.
Elite sword kills reg spear. Warwick captured. Sword redlined.
Coventry: vet horse dies vs 2/3 sword. vet horse kills 2/3 sword. 2/5 sword kills 1/3 sword. reg spear kills 1/3 sword.
Coventry captured.

3 towns founded.

score 895 (+18)

IBT Reg sword dies vs Reg spear and promotes to veteran. Reg archer dies vs 1/5 sword.
We learn Education and I do luxs trick.
8 - 430AD
Sword army kills pike on York. Sword dies vs reg spear. Sword kills reg spear. York captured.

I have achieved my objects. English are weak and WW is hurting people.
I sign peace for three towns.

score 917 (+22)

9 - 440AD
more towns founded.
Fog is removed, no more barb camps.

score 939 (+22)

10 - 450AD

score 961 (+22) total (+185)

I enjoy monitoring the score. and trying to maximize it every turn :)

I built mainly settlers, marketplaces and horses. 4-5 - turn research pace was easily achieved. Astronomy in 3 turns.
Library is only needed for coastal town to reach coast tiles.

Next player have more peaceful turns unless we broke peace treaties. Continue expanding. Northern Barb island is worth of ~80 tiles. Behind the fog NW is other island.

Mapstat is allowed. We have all contacts + WM. We are halfway to domination victory.

the roster:
conehead234
grs
Kuningas - played
t.neo - up
Bede - on deck
Wotan

Great job. I think we should use some area on our continent for Barb Farming.

When the peace treaty with france expires will I take out their last town.
I will move troops close to all russian cities before our peace treaty expires and will then declare war on the russians.
I have noticed that the japanese have established a town on our continent.
Only astronomy is needed to reach the other continent.
I will prepare troop transports for taking out japan, they have wines and dyes, are after in tech and have the necessary territory for us to reach the domination limit.
I will also try to find and settle the second Island.

Will build settlers, workers and horses. Libraries in some coastal cities to expand our borders.

Summary:
Firaxis Score 1199
Jason Score 915
Chivalry in 2 turns
China is up Invention, they lack Astronomy and Navigation.
We have: 4 settlers, 55 workers, 53 horsemen, 12 swords, 2 galley, 3 caravel...
Our military is strong towards everybody alse.
Peacy treaty with Catherine can be canceled anytime.
We are at war with Japan and allied with China.
France don't have any cities but a Settler somewhere...
Territory 37,5%

0 - 450AD preturn

IBT: Settlers, horses, workers built.

1 - 460AD
Bonn 2 founded
Stuttgart 2 founded
China knows Invention which I don't trade, waiting for Chivalry

IBT: Sorry, didn't look after our treasury...1 catapult disbanded.

2 - 470AD
Science 40%, we earns money again... Astronomy in 1 turn.

3 - 480AD
We learn astronomy, science 50% navigation 6 turns
2 settler, 2 horseman

4 - 490AD
1 settler, 5 horsemen, 2 worker
Salzburg 2 founded
Japan has learned Feudalism

5 - 500AD
4 horseman, 2 worker
Heidelberg riots, I really should take more care.
Increased science for navigation in 3 turns.

6 - 510AD
A lot more of everything.
Dortmund 2 founded

7 - 520AD
Lot more of everything.
japan have landed 1 more settler in our northern territory, I guess we will take the cities in the coming war.

IBT: Japan demands contact with the Russians, we say no,

8 - 530AD
We have discovered Navigation. Nobody knows Chivalry, science 50% for Chivalry in 4 turns.
Brandenburg 2 founded.
I don't like the japanese cities on our continent, I will declare war and take their two cities. Hopefully this won't destroy to much of our reputation. I don't see we will need to trade so much anyway. I'm also thinking on setting China and japan on each other this I think will weaken them and disperse their troops for our attack.
We take Bizen, which autoraze.
New berlin 2 founded.
Trade: I make military alliance with China against Japan for education. I also get silks, 2gpt, 20gold and world map. I could have made the silks deal with india instead but...didn't in case anybody want to take them out too...
I know that China might brake the alliance and our silks deal ends but we could always make one with India.
We capture Fakushima.

9 - 540AD
New Leipzig 2 founded.
Declare war on France and move troops next to Dijon.

10 - 550AD
Capture Dijon, but France seems to have a settler somewhere on a galley...grrr.

Next player:
Dortmund and Sverdlovsk will finish barracks next turn, I was going to use the cities to upgrade nearby horseman before going after Russia.
There is a caravel outside Avignon with 2 settlers and 1 horseman, I was thinking on sending them to the unclaimed island northwest (or to japan).
I think the France galley could be on the southeast coast of our continent. Send caravel outside Dijon north to recon. There are a lot of horses to pick up in Wuppertal anyway...
Learn Chivalry and upgrade some horses before going after russia???
And Japan of course...

Link to the save, http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm2/Kuningas_SG002_AD0550_01.SAV

Why do I think we should take Japan next? Or rather why did I choose to pick on Japan.

• They have 3 luxury resources that we don't have.
  • They are backwards.
  • They have only 1 iron resource which by the way is next to the coast.
  • They have the land we are missing for our domination goal...
  • If we are going to keep up in tech I suggest trading with China since they are gracious now.

Got it.

Studying logs now.

Post plan this afternoon.

Play tonight.

t.neo said:
Summary:
Firaxis Score 1199
Jason Score 915
Chivalry in 2 turns
China is up Invention, they lack Astronomy and Navigation.
We have: 4 settlers, 55 workers, 53 horsemen, 12 swords, 2 galley, 3 caravel...
Our military is strong towards everybody alse.
Peacy treaty with Catherine can be canceled anytime.
We are at war with Japan and allied with China.
France don't have any cities but a Settler somewhere...
Territory 37,5%

At this rate I won't see my turns anymore :goodjob:

53 horses :eek: That is more than enough.

I think everybody is doing a great job! :goodjob:
Sorry, I didn't manage do produce more caravels during my turns, but there are a lot that soon will finish.
I really s**k at transporting troops over the ocean.

In case my turn comes up again, which I don't think has any higher probability, I'm going to Italy for vacation from monday 14 of june to monday 21 of june. So in that case feel free to skip me...

Kuningas said:
I think we should concentrate on two techs Chivalry and Navigation. Any other tech which won't lead to those is optional. We have to increase science funding and get techs asap. After those are learned shut down science. Meanwhile core cities do continue to build horses, marketplaces, settlers and galleys. Corrupted cities, workers and settlers. I guess we do not have Golden Age in this game.

I guess this means its time now (in 2 turns when Chivalry is learned) to set science to 0%, get some cash, and upgrade all our horses?

Build ships and learn how to sail them.
Train knights.
Settle the NW.
Slay Russians.
Hurt Japanese.
Stay cozy with China while scoping the territory.

Did I forget anything?

t.neo said:
I guess this means its time now (in 2 turns when Chivalry is learned) to set science to 0%, get some cash, and upgrade all our horses?

53 horses * 80gp per upgrade = 4240 gp. Expensive. Upgrade as many you can Bede.

Kuningas said:
Make preparations for ship chaining.

I can post image later. If someone request it.

I would be interested, if it's not to much work. Is there any article anywhere?
I always travel the whole way with my ships. Maybe thats why I usually stay on my own continent.

(I don't think I will get to use this knowledge in this game :sad: )

Thanks, in advance... :wavey:

Top Bottom