SGOTM3 Rome - Results, congratulations and commiserations.

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM3 Rome - Results and Congratulations.

The Green Laurel for highest Jason score, goes to:-

Team mauer
mauer
alamo
Detlef Richter
Sark6354201
Taliesin
zamint3

Well done guys, a beautifully played game. :goodjob:

The Gold Laurel for fastest variant finish is awarded to:-

The Xteam
Alanh
AdrianE
Capt Buttkick
klarius
Leif Erikson

An impressive conquest and a very fast close out. :thumbsup:

The Wooden Spoon for the lowest Jason score, having suffered a crushing conquest defeat ;) - goes to:-

Team Mistfit
Mistfit
marconos
grs
conehead234
DJMGator13

Unlucky guys :salute:

My thanks go to Mistfit for the new award graphics - he still gets the spoon though.

First response!
:clap: [dance] :clap:
Great game, everybody involved! Congratulations to Team Smackster on their brilliant score-- an amazing result, considering the variant. Also to X-team for their carefully engineered squeaker.
To fellow members of Team Mauer, thanks a lot for a fantastic game and a perfect introduction for me to SGOTM. Thanks especially to our very own Pompous Warlord Mauer for keeping us on track-- you're missed in SGOTM 4. zamint3, you too (good luck on X-Team!).
I can finally use my laurel badge avatar...
:cool:

I want to congratulate Team Mauer and XTeam for their good playing :goodjob: [dance] [party]

Also, I believe that Team Mistfit has nothing to be ashamed of; they did their best and maybe they'll be the winners in a future variant :goodjob: After, all, we all play for fun :)

Congratulations to all, especially those that played the variant. I :salute: those of you who gutted it out there at the last. I really enjoyed the game with Team Mauer, even with those of you who made fun of me behind my back :lol: .

Yes, thanks to the variant fever we had a clear field for a fast domination. Of course help from the warlording ringers was appreciated, too.

Team Alamo is braving the variant this game - wish us luck!

Woohoo! [party]

Hope we'll :rockon: in Sgotm4 ;)

Congrats to the winners. I don't like 2nd place, and we came 2nd in both variant and non-variant (based on Jason score). Of course we might have put up a better fight if I'd read the rules for the variant score, but was a fun game anyway.

Thanks to M-B for putting up with all our moaning etc.

smackster

@ smackster: Good call. A big :thanx: to MB from us as well. Congratulations on your high score AND a very fast variant finish. The combination was a great achievement. And thank you for giving us such a challenging target.

AlanH said:
@ smackster: Good call. A big :thanx: to MB from us as well. Congratulations on your high score AND a very fast variant finish. The combination was a great achievement. And thank you for giving us such a challenging target.
Some of our members, didn't want to post the result, but I thought it would be fun to set you (and others) a target. Of course I didn't quite realise how that would focus your team, but well done anyway. Now I must think of a way to slow our turn rate down in SGOTM4?

smackster

:lol:
That shouldn't be necassary, Smackster. Alan's new leaderboard page means not much info can be gathered there anyway :( :cool:

Capt Buttkick said:
:lol:
That shouldn't be necassary, Smackster. Alan's new leaderboard page means not much info can be gathered there anyway :( :cool:
That is true, but have you noticed why the published score is so far behind, I mean which team is slowing us all down, you guessed it, the Staff team :). Guess I can't complain though if they are doing all their stellar GOTM work.

smackster

Nope! If it were down to Staff, who are at turn #80, we'd be able to see up to turn #100, 550 BC. Jeffalammar at turn #50 are limiting the graph to turn #70, 1250 BC

AlanH said:
Nope! If it were down to Staff, who are at turn #80, we'd be able to see up to turn #100, 550 BC. Jeffalammar at turn #50 are limiting the graph to turn #70, 1250 BC
I see you are right, I'd assumed that those teams marked incomplete, were not active, but that is not right. Well I like the changes, as it both reduces the spoiler info, and encourages the slow coaches to get a move on :)

I did wonder about adding an Active/Inactive indicator, but I'll wait and see if it's needed (except in SGOTM 3 :rolleyes: )

Top Bottom