SGOTM7 - Team Bede

3750 BC
Meet with 'ol Shaka. Trade Mason,Bronze, 1G for Pottery and Warrior Code.

I've read a little of the opening moves from some other teams to help plan the start. Build order was warrior, spear, granary (completes next turn). How much protection will our settlers need? At least 1 spear. At most, 2 spears, in the middle, a spear and warrior.

I did no research. We will meet India at any time and then trade for Alphabet. Then start research on writing...?

Strategy? Expand our butts off. Keep settlers/cities safe from barbs. Great Library->Military force.

Save file is renamed: Bede_SG007_BC3000_02.SAV The real one was 01.

I noticed this when I played, so it's just for anyone who hasn't. The red line represents 1 movement, in case you need to cover the worker, or for any other movement reason.

I think we should try to play "as clean as possible" meaning try to forget whe we will meet and what the land situation is Or not?

Thus thinking we would want to get (atleast) 1 warrior (or so) out to scout.

General question: This is GOTM right? So need to run Vanilla or PTW? Then load, cannot load using conquest?
Right?

namliaM said:
I think we should try to play "as clean as possible" meaning try to forget whe we will meet and what the land situation is Or not?

Thus thinking we would want to get (atleast) 1 warrior (or so) out to scout.
I think we're playing to win and it is impossible to "forget." Two lossses on the same game would be sad. I wouldn't have sent that warrior out anyway, as I am using him for worker/city protection, even though now he is MP duty. However, if we need a warrior to scout, we should.

namliaM said:
General question: This is GOTM right? So need to run Vanilla or PTW? Then load, cannot load using conquest?
Right?
We're playing on Conquests. Here are the file instructions. Welcome to our team! :wavey:

Resources and PediaIcons setup for ALL Conquests players.

You must have Conquests patched to 1.22 in order to play.
Download >>THIS<< file and unzip it into your Civilization/Conquests/Scenarios Directory. If you do this correctly you should find a Folder named SGOTM in this directory which contains the GOTM resources and the files that enable to the software to handle them.

If you have any problems with either the installation of these files, changing the resources.pcx files or any error messages playing the game of the month, then please don't hesitate to e-mail or send a PM to myself or one of the GOTM staff.

lurker's comment: I'm available to lurk. I now have a real and a lurking wooden spoon. Is it ok for me to offer opinions?? I've read Wacken's, Own's, & X-team's thread. I'll lurk regardless, but opinions will be held back if the team doesn't want them....

Let me know. I'll petition my wife to let me have the CD back before SGOTM8 ;)

@ tub, the starts are up for igor1 with your map. :thumbsup: Should I send your wife flowers or chocolate so you can play SGOTM8? Would she freak if she got either from some guy named igor? :lol:

Looking good so far.

Only suggestion I would make is skip the boats and build spears and settlers. Keep the science budget high towards Literature, I wtill want to try for the Library.

A-K said:
Should I send your wife flowers or chocolate so you can play SGOTM8? Would she freak if she got either from some guy named igor? :lol:
Oh, Just a note I also posted in TR04..... I requested the return of my CD and the wife said "Why?". I know a stupid question but she seems to ask that with a purpose. So of course I told her "to play it". So we agreed to a library format of my play. She'll check it out to me and I have to return it in a couple hours. So I think that we ought to get a wooden spoon team together for SGOTM8 ;)

I'd like to see an analysis of TR's posts-per-day count on CFC before and after his CD was taken away.

As expected, not much to report, apart from a second contact and war:

0 3000 Pre-turn: nothing to do. Press Space.

IT: Granary->Settler.

1 2950 IT: Indian warrior appears.

2 2900 Buy Alpha from Gandhi for Masonry+33g. Then declare on him, of course.

4 2800 IT: Settler->Rax.

7 2670 Found Edrine. Start Palace right away.

8 2630 IT: Rax->Spear. The first Barb warrior appears.

10 2550 IT: Spear->Settler. At the start of 2510, but I've not moved anything.

Neil. :cool:

Revised rotation:
soul - you are up
AdmK - pacing the quarterdeck
namliaM
Bede
Meteor
eldar

There was nothing wrong (at all) with where Edrine was. It was just unlucky, is all. In AW games, all cities should be within a single move (by road) of all other cities for any 1-move unit.

Re-revised revised rotation

AdmK - up
namliaM - pacing the deck
Bede
Meteor
eldar
soul - rumors of pain 'till Saturday

@namialM, first revision 'cause eldar came in after MP, just reflecting that. Istanbul should rotate whatever sequence gets the most military/settlers.

And every city needs walls!!!!

namliaM said:
Why the rivision?
Are we sticking to the old city planning?
Istanbul is on a Warrior-Spear-Settler rota?
Next city build barracks?

I don't think we should build warriors at all (Even though I built one :blush: ). Perhaps if we have a massive warrior->sword upgrade strategy.

soul - you are up
AdmK - having cannon practice, bored out of my skull after sitting thru a 5 inning game that was won 20-0 with at least 15 walks.
namliaM
Bede
Meteor
eldar

Perhaps if we have a massive warrior->sword upgrade strategy.
don't think we'll have enough time to build the treasury.

So it should then be a 4 turn settler factory? while at size 5-6 it has 5 food, 10+spt (potential) and it has a barracks?!

I was not saying there is anything wrong, just wondering where we are putting citys (next)

No problems with the rotation, but I was just wondering why it changed more or less sudenly

Istanbul needs produce nothing but spears and settlers up until we get our other cities running, then I would think it could go settler factory, another city producing spears.

Top Bottom