Sharon suffers 'significant stroke.'

What's tyrant level? Executing 100 prisoners (as Castro did a couple of years back) or killing over 100,000 civilians (as Bush did over the last couple of years)?

Tyranny is clearly Mugabe, Castro and their ilk. Any attempt at comparison with democratically elected leaders is quite laughable, particularly when employing a broken lancet.

Simon Darkshade said:
Tyranny is clearly Mugabe, Castro and their ilk. Any attempt at comparison with democratically elected leaders is quite laughable, particularly when employing a broken lancet.
I do hope you don't think that being democratically elected make Hitler any less of a tyrant.
I'm not calling Sharon a tyrant or anything, just pointing out that being democratically elected matters little for this question.

Certainly do not think that. However, Hitler did not come up. Nor did Hope Hubris for that matter.

Simon Darkshade said:
Any attempt at comparison with democratically elected leaders is quite laughable
As Blasphemous said, The nazi party was democratically elected (although hitler himself was appointed by hindenburg, this was because the nazi's were the largest party by a considerable margin.)
However, i think he is an exception to the rule. But democratically elected leaders can still do terrible crimes against humanity.

As usual, Robertson has the reason.
"I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU [European Union], the United Nations, or United States of America." Although Robertson professed that "Sharon was personally a very likeable person," he nonetheless declared that "God has enmity against those who, quote, 'divide my land.' "
Damn. God is a testy fellow.

No, Robertson is a testy fellow who thinks he is sent from God.:p

rmsharpe said:
For the record, I'm keeping tabs on who is celebrating now for when Robert Mugabe and Fidel Castro finally croak to see their reactions then.

Well if you're going to do that, then shouldn't the people who were happy with the overthrow of Hussein also be happy with this?

rmsharpe said:
For the record, I'm keeping tabs on who is celebrating now for when Robert Mugabe and Fidel Castro finally croak to see their reactions then.
I'll be celebrating the death of Sharon, Castro, Mugabe, and Hussein. They all should burn for eternity. There are plenty of people in the world who should be dead, but aren't soon enough.

Sanaz said:
I'll be celebrating the death of Sharon, Castro, Mugabe, and Hussein. They all should burn for eternity. There are plenty of people in the world who should be dead, but aren't soon enough.
Burned for eternity or not,historians will still mention them.My question is,since you got some kind of enmity of leaders[quite obvious of your statements],will historians talk of you in the art of statecraft?:)

I wonder if the new political party that he and other has formed,will stand against the trial and competition.I think it is wise that a party that isn't too much lobbied by crazed jewish settler to have a say in the political process.A party of moderation,or there will be no peace

CartesianFart said:
I wonder if the new political party that he and other has formed,will stand against the trial and competition.I think it is wise that a party that isn't too much lobbied by crazed jewish settler to have a say in the political process.A party of moderation,or there will be no peace
Polls seem to indicate Kadima will still do very good in the elections. I'd still vote further left if the elections were just a couple months later, but at least it doesn't look like one of the right-wing parties is going to win.

Well he was an *******. Only problem is that he might be succeeded by an even bigger *******.

Hah,wasn't to CFC for quite some time.

Most of you still remain cynical bastards :)

Polls seem to indicate Kadima will still do very good in the elections.

Meh. According to Channel 10, if Sharon suddenly becomes healthy and returns to his post, Kadima will get 72(yes, seventy two) seats in the elections. A full 60% of the Knesset.

This is to show you how ridiculous all the polls are at this time, when people feel a lot of empathy and worry for Sharon.

Mugabe really gets my vote for who's next.

What is "funny" is that I heard some folks in Israel actually decided to throw a big party to celebrate "the end of the Sharon era" (if my online newspaper is to be trusted). This kinda tickled my monty-pythonish sense of black humour.

Woohoo, he's had a stroke, let's celebrate.............................. :rolleyes:

And here I was thinking people in my country often hated our politicians. Silly me.

Top Bottom