Shiggs Earth

it also requires the mod. You have to have the Shiggs Earth mod installed as well for any of those two maps to work. It likely crashed because it tried to find the city states I added, and you didn't have them.

..and as I cannot get the mod one via online hub (buggy or what), so what gives then? :)
can I download it from elsewhere?

I haven't uploaded it anywhere else, I suppose I could for people that are having issues with the mod browser. I updated the first post to be more clear that those maps are not stand alone. I'll add the mod to the db here and post a link in the first post here in a few minutes.

there you go V. Soma ;)

Thanks, I will give it a shot, next week (I am playing another game now).
I know many people have issues with the Steam hub as of now...

Another question:
how about waiting times inbetween turns?
I read that the game suffers it, maybe because of badly programmed AI workers

i haven't experienced any major delays, usually just 1 or 2 seconds in between turns. It is a huge map with 40 teams though, so probably only mid to higher end rigs can play it without a bunch of lag.

What? Carthage should stay Militaristic!

First of all, just because the empre is on the sea doesn't mean it has to be maritime. I mean, when you think of Carthage, you generally think of the Punic Wars, not the build-up to them. Also, Hannibal. The March of the Alps? His Elephants? And you want them giving food out? I see them militaristic, not maritime just for that.

First of all, just because the empre is on the sea doesn't mean it has to be maritime. I mean, when you think of Carthage, you generally think of the Punic Wars, not the build-up to them. Also, Hannibal. The March of the Alps? His Elephants? And you want them giving food out? I see them militaristic, not maritime just for that.

That certainly is a fair argument, but I think the case for them being maritime is nevertheless quite strong.

I would be fine with Carthage staying militaristic so long as Sidon for example is changed to maritime. Either the Phoenicians (Sidon) or Carthaginians should be recognized as a naval people :lol: and the Mediterranean sure could use at least one maritime city state.

i haven't experienced any major delays, usually just 1 or 2 seconds in between turns. It is a huge map with 40 teams though, so probably only mid to higher end rigs can play it without a bunch of lag.

Are you serious? :p I really like your map but daaaamn the wait is long. I think I'm at like 1650 AD playing at normal speed and yeah... I think the time between turns is something like 2-3 minutes.

Haven't got the best computer out there but it's decent :)

Other than that I would love to see some changes esp. in Europe: (well I have only played with England and France so far)

Britain should have coal, Norway should not.

Norway/Sweden looks kinda goofy imo.

Maybe remove Lisbon/Madrid or Oslo/Stockholm to allow some European civs to have one more city at the start.

Remove the Central american city state, don't remember the name but it's called Tiqal i think. I think it really prevents the North american AI to expand to South america.

Remove the mountain in Central america that maybe prevents the AI to expand southwards becuase it has to embark around it.

Got lots of more small additions/removals about the map but I guess you won't keep updating too much now :p and maybe I can do that myself if I want to. Dunno how the worldbuilder works etc, I just wanna play!

Add lots of more civs but I guess that's kinda complicated.

I have a weird bug with this map that I haven't seen before with any other mod. When I go save my game, I don't see my save files in the list. Not my own or the autosaves/quicksaves. I can save the game and when I go to "Load Game" the save is there and all is fine. Basically it's just the list of saved games in the "Save Game" page that doesn't show up.

It's no biggie though, since saving works.

I have a weird bug with this map that I haven't seen before with any other mod. When I go save my game, I don't see my save files in the list. Not my own or the autosaves/quicksaves. I can save the game and when I go to "Load Game" the save is there and all is fine. Basically it's just the list of saved games in the "Save Game" page that doesn't show up.

It's no biggie though, since saving works.

yea, I've experienced the same thing, I have no idea why its doing that, though I actually have had the same thing in other mods. There's really hardly any modding in this mod, just added 13 city states and a map, so I don't really have an explanation for it, perhaps its a global bug.

Here's a tip to properly save files until a permanent solution is found:

Check the "Steam Cloud" button and save them into the steam cloud. This is the temporary work around I have used and I seem to have been successful. Keep in mind it requires a connection to the internet/steam while playing.

All of the 3 Punic Wars were started by Rome, not Carthage. Carthage wasn´t militaristic at all, it relied for a large part on mercenaries. And Hannibal acted without the knowledge or consent of Carthage and was refused all help when in Italy, despite repeated requests.

Are you serious? :p I really like your map but daaaamn the wait is long. I think I'm at like 1650 AD playing at normal speed and yeah... I think the time between turns is something like 2-3 minutes.

Haven't got the best computer out there but it's decent :)

Other than that I would love to see some changes esp. in Europe: (well I have only played with England and France so far)

Britain should have coal, Norway should not.

Norway/Sweden looks kinda goofy imo.

Maybe remove Lisbon/Madrid or Oslo/Stockholm to allow some European civs to have one more city at the start.

Remove the Central american city state, don't remember the name but it's called Tiqal i think. I think it really prevents the North american AI to expand to South america.

Remove the mountain in Central america that maybe prevents the AI to expand southwards becuase it has to embark around it.

Got lots of more small additions/removals about the map but I guess you won't keep updating too much now :p and maybe I can do that myself if I want to. Dunno how the worldbuilder works etc, I just wanna play!

Add lots of more civs but I guess that's kinda complicated.

Same here (only my PC is well above specs; the graphics however are a major strain on my card, it seems). I usually have from 30 secs-1 min in between turns, no matter if I play as is or modded.

Yep, definitely Coal in Britain (haven´t gotten that far yet). No Coal in Britain is a no-no.

I´m opposed to removing existing city states; they´re fine where they are and add a nice historical flavour.

Same with the Central American mountain. It can be easily embarked around. (And if the AI doesn´t, it´s because they don´t want to - or are just that stupid. I´ve seen a placement of Mt Fuji blocking off the north of Japan and they never settled it; now that´s weird...)

Maybe we could compile all the little changes we want into one and then somebody could just mod them in? I'm not too bad on the world builder, I modded shiggs to include correct uranium distribution and it would be pretty easy to mod other resources to correct distributions/locations.

Great map! Thanks for all your efforts!

I'm playing as America on normal difficulty. I have just made contact with the Old World, and it seems England and Rome are dominating Europe, while Persia has the largest land empire in the world (I am in second). France, Egypt, Arabia, Russia, and the Turks are all eliminated. Really enjoying your work!

*Update: Seems the Brits have conquered France, Germany, and Lisboa. Rome has conquered Athens, Madrid, and almost Carthage. Persia has conquered Arabia, Egypt, Turks, and the Russians. Fittingly, Rome has its Mediterranean Empire. It was odd to see Persian and British troops fighting in Poland and Western Russia.

Hello,

Could you (or someone else) make a version where you add extra civs?
You could combine it with Hukkak's extra civ pack and add civs in the empty spaces, and places where is enough room for one more civ (par example, scandinavia had enough room for The Vikings) otherwise the default civs will settle in these lands making than hugely overpowered. expacialy parts of Asia, Africa, Oceania, and South Africa could use these extra civs.

So far in my current game as America on Shigg's Earth map I've been doing really well in all aspects of the game. Once in a while my gold will be a -gpt amount, but my total Gold amount has never gotten to 0, even without being in a Golden Age or having any Gold focused cities.

I've found it useful in time of excess spending (like when you need to field an army) to trade your duplicate Luxury resources to other Civilization for increased gpt. All of my Cities are pretty balanced in what they produce, none are entirely focused on one type of production, and a few of them already have all possible buildings built and the others are catching up in that aspect. I simply ensure my Happiness is high enough to support a new city (around 10 excess happiness) before I build a new city, and do the same for my gpt and buildings. As I get more gpt, I build more buildings. First I build Food increasing buildings, and then Gold increasing buildings, Production, Culture and Science. I've only been to war once, with the Aztecs when they attacked me, I fought back and started capturing cities and they offered to make Peace, gave me Luxury resources, GPT and offered me one of their own cities, lol.

I recently started scouting the Old World with my Caravels. Which I regret because now these other nations are constantly harrassing me with their requests for Luxury resources, Pacts of Secrecy, Open Borders and crap. India seems to be in control of most of the old world. China is definitely gone. England, Askia's Civilization and the Saimese are doing pretty well. I'm going for a science victory and so far I'm the only one in the Idustrial era.

That's crazy Byblos, I don't think India has expanded much in my game. I haven't met him, yet. Siam settled all of the Indian subcontinent, and I haven't sent any land units in to scout out Eurasia. Rome is down to Eastern Europe and Athens. Persia lost its homeland to Siam, and England is pretty much the EU (still conquering Rome). I know Germany is still in, but they too are landlocked somewhere in Eurasia. I am the only civ in the Modern Era and have gold reserves in excess of 5k. I've finished the Liberty policy tree, one left on Freedom, a couple from Commerce to boost the economy, and now I'm blazing through Rationalism (a new policy takes about 10 turns). I built only a select few of the early wonders, instead focusing on production and eco buildings (I like building production buildings first so that I spend less time overall on my turn per building ratio). I really used America's trait early on to shield of the Iroquois, then purchased an army of Minutemen to sweep into Aztec controlled Texas, California, and the rest of the SW. I liberated Tikal (nice culture boost to further speed up my rapid policy expansion) and left Monty with his Estados Unidos de Mexico. I used three GAs to land grab Alaska, and my Manifest Destiny is complete. Working on building the Panama Canal!

Shiggs, I love your map! My only suggestion is to possibly incorporate Rhye's style of Europe. With a slighty enlarged Europe, the Greeks might be a playable Civ. Oh, and I am all for no Horse in the Americas.

Not that crazy. India usually does ok, but in my current game they dominate Eurasia and have 7 cities in Africa (just like good old England me); they eliminated Siam, Persia and Egypt, are about to do the same to China (taking over their role in my previous game) and are first into future tech. The European civs seem to cramped (2 or 3 usually get eliminated), and England and Japan usually just stay in and around their island base (I´m using Transports mod with this game, but still noone seems to cross oceans...). France, Germany, Russia, America and the Iroquois are also long gone (the Aztec control all of North and Central America); the rest is down to 6 cities or less. I just founded my 2nd city in South America (to grab some extra Coal, Oil and Aluminium) and built my first Spaceship part. Oh yeah, I got 13 Wonders now, (a bit less then in my previous game, India has 3), and Open Borders/Defense Pact with Aztec - which I used to have with India until they grew really large (I´m now getting "That´s not even close to a fair deal" from them...).

Could you (or someone else) make a version where you add extra civs?

:agree:

Top Bottom