Ship Units

IT IS NOT ANAZ !!!

Edited.

Apologies dude, but at the same time - it's just a net handle, and I don't see anyone else on this entire site getting worked up if their handle gets shortened during the course of a post. CTFO. :p :)

Edited.

Apologies dude, but at the same time - it's just a net handle, and I don't see anyone else on this entire site getting worked up if their handle gets shortened during the course of a post. CTFO. :p :)

I hear you Brother Anti....regards Ankh. :mischief:

Nope
Anastazja is a birth name, as well as Anna Stazioch.

It was Anetrith from a girlfriend Anet (her real name was Karoline), who was also in brotherhood. Giving a name simmilar to the named of a loved one is some kngiht custom in some of knight parties (witch were simmilar to a guild, but smaller and not as organized as my brotherhood is). We took that custom to our brotherhood and hence my name.

Anetrith changed into Anaztazioch after the win over Z'ioch's guild (the name of a rival brotherhood, Z'ioch was its founder and master). So my name was Anet-Z'ioch, but Anet was a female name it was changet to Anats(belonger to Anet...)-Z'ioch. But it has "sZ" in the name that was hard to spell right, and often my name was wrongly prenouced, so it was changed again to Anaztazioch.

I would specify its meaning better if not for my lack in English, I wont even know what i will type in ;)

Short story isnt it ;p

Now changing my sig for beta 4

Nope
Anastazja is a birth name, as well as Anna Stazioch.

It was Anetrith from a girlfriend Anet (her real name was Karoline), who was also in brotherhood. Giving a name simmilar to the named of a loved one is some kngiht custom in some of knight parties (witch were simmilar to a guild, but smaller and not as organized as my brotherhood is). We took that custom to our brotherhood and hence my name.

Anetrith changed into Anaztazioch after the win over Z'ioch's guild (the name of a rival brotherhood, Z'ioch was its founder and master). So my name was Anet-Z'ioch, but Anet was a female name it was changet to Anats(belonger to Anet...)-Z'ioch. But it has "sZ" in the name that was hard to spell right, and often my name was wrongly prenouced, so it was changed again to Anaztazioch.

I would specify its meaning better if not for my lack in English, I wont even know what i will type in ;)

Short story isnt it ;p

Now changing my sig for beta 4

Well, like I said mate, no offence meant... You have my apologies. Now that I know it's important to you, I'll be sure to respect that in future ok? :)

After all, if I wanna p1ss ppl off, I won't do it on the 'net... More fun to go down to the local pub and see if I can't get a rise out of someone there... :p

*Looks on general discussion threads for any talk about the Ashes :lol: :goodjob: *

Is it possible to implement types of ships?

I send couple of battleships and aegis cruiser into hordes of frigates and privateers and I lost almost all of them. Scenarios was always the same:
I defend:
1 fight - I won
2 fight - I won
3 fight - I lost - no battleship :(

Woden frigate's cannons are not able to penetrate armour of heavy battleships!
One modern ship should be able to sunk all that stuff, because only modern warfare is able to stop it. The same with nuclear submarines -
I lost finally atacking those frigates. Why? Sabotage? Reactor malfunction?

For ground troops ods are real as you implement some modificators like: "+150% vs. melle untis" etc. Same think should be done with fleets. Can be two types of ships: old and modern or even:
• rowing boats (like galleys, triremes)
• saling ships (galeon, frigaets)
• steel vessels (battleships, destroyers) etc.

I would also like to see a larger difference between the different "classes" of ships, as according to Vertico.

Additionally, some units should not even be able to attack/defend against others, e.g.: a sub attacking a frigate, or a destroyer attacking a galley.

I concur. Moreover, history of naval warfare knows less situations where opposing sides were about equal than land warfare. Usually we have nation(s) that dominate the seas, sometimes due to a slight technological superiority. Really, only fleets of about the same technological level can compete. Take for example Russo-Japanese war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_war), where Russia completely lost at sea due to her fleet being technologically inferior, though much more numerous - while in Civ ships of Russia and Japan would be the same unit types, and Russia would have won a crushing victory!

Is it possible to implement types of ships?

For ground troops ods are real as you implement some modificators like: "+150% vs. melle untis" etc. Same think should be done with fleets. Can be two types of ships: old and modern or even:
• rowing boats (like galleys, triremes)
• saling ships (galeon, frigaets)
• steel vessels (battleships, destroyers) etc.

I also agree with this idea. :goodjob:

A suggestion: make galleass a new unit class, available with gunpowder, stronger than caravel but not seaworthy. These ships historically could only operate in Mediterranean, Baltic and Black sea and along the cost of Europe, no dreams of crossing Atlantic in one. Also, this yields us one more upgrade in military ship line. It is not that Triremes were used up to the appearance of Frigates... Galleass-type (or similar) ships were also used by at least Spain, France, Russia and Sweden.

It is also a strange choice to replace caravel with carrack for Spain, as Spain is the country that invented caravel design and used it most heavily.

Or do it like this.

Wooden ships

Wooden ships (sail) + 100% vs wooden ships (oars)

Iron ships + 200% vs wooden ships (Both types)

Steel ships +100% vs iron ships and +500% vs wooden ships (Both types)

I wish they did something with the trireme unit for all civilizations, cause I don't recall that the Incans using those units.

I don't recall Incans using any ships. Do you suggest they shouldn't be able to build any? ;)

How about blocking building of naval combat units until the eras which the civs were actually ready to field naval forces? (Let everyone build work boats and galleys)

{My apologies if I slighted anyone through insufficient research}

Ancient - Greece, Rome, Persia, Carthage, Egyptian

Classical - Celtic

Medieval - England, France, Germany, Viking, China, Japan, Korea

Renaissance - America, Spain, Russia, Turks

Industrial - Aztec, Inca, Mali, Zulu, Arabs, India, Mongols (for the civs that never really had much of a navy)

The late comers will find the overlooked techs relatively cheap and allow them to catch-up fairly quickly.

Top Bottom