1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I ask for a refund?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by hardcore_gamer, Oct 23, 2016.

?

Should I refund the game and buy it later?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2016.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    87.0%
  1. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

I agree with this.
    I disagree with this. By the time he buys it back, the price could very well have halved as has happened with many games (if you wait 4-6 months). Also some games have hundreds of hours of `gameplay` but still turn out to be rubbish, ie No man`s Sky. The point is they can take time to discover if they`re worth it.

Refund Timers should REFLECT the type of game. If it`s a long game with may permutations then it should have an increased time. For example, short8 hour or so sp games can get away with the 2 hour limit, but longer games that can take even weeks to play should have a much longer refund time, such as 8 hours.

Doubt we`ll ever see such a consumer-friendly principle applied though.

2. Raider

Raider Warlord

I already requested and received my refund.

Between worthless AI and unpolished and unfinished ideas and poor balance, I saw no point to paying for and wasting time playing the game at this stage in its development. If it gets better in the future, sure I will buy and play it. Until then, I will treat it as any other crappy unfinished game on the markets by not spending time and money on it.