Should we change the character thingy?

Shoud we change the way we play the game?

• abandon character system completely=revert to player system

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • change character system to fit our needs (for example increase live expectancy, limit characters per

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • leave everything as it is

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say revert back to our Player system like the old RPG.

I went away for a bit due to something out of my control. I come back and my characters are dead. The player system was better.

@Zarn: The abstain thingy I posted about would help that so thats no reason for votng for revertion, but I agree wit u neverhless..

Originally posted by Zarn
I went away for a bit due to something out of my control. I come back and my characters are dead. The player system was better.

I agree, Right now I am starting to loose track of how many "Mara Jade"s I have, and who is killed and who is still alive.

Originally posted by Sir John
@Zarn: The abstain thingy I posted about would help that so thats no reason for votng for revertion, but I agree wit u neverhless..

I have a reason against your proposal. Why should you stop aging? Let's say you marry someone elses character. You freeze your character. The comes the large age difference. It just make sense in my eyes not to do it. Besides, a player character is much easier to control.

@zarn: we could easily keep the character thing and do 2 things to it: kill LE, and limit the characters per player to 1 active. this way we can have the advances of roleplaying characters AND the ease of the player system. + we have the advantage of death on conflict, for example.

the idea of death was the reason to implement the character system-btw- and thus we should maybe revert to a simpler and modified system. but not to the old one ;-)
death is impossible if you only have players, except someone leaves.
as such, i think we should keep the character system and modify it to have a unlimited LE and a limited number of "active" characters.

I'd go for reverting to a character system, if and only if people could still die through conflict. If there's one thing I got tired of, it was the immortal people who could jump of airplanes without parachuts, and live to tell about it.

I will soon post a new poll where the options will be:

Reverting to old system
using disses idea.
abstain

All agree???

2 charcs could work as well, but if first making the character count lower I would say that we go all the way down to one...

SJ got banned? Well, it is clear what direction we should take, and if no one else wants to spearhead this, I will.

@Plexus, with your permision, I would like to help you get this thing forward :).

hey, uh, i havent been active in this RPG but you might remember me from the last one.

i would love to see the player thing back. i wouldnt want to join if my character might die tomorow with no heirs.

Hmm, is this going to be pushed forward? :confused:

Top Bottom